Author Topic: Randy vs Big Nog  (Read 1039 times)

Dball

Randy vs Big Nog
« on: September 02, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »
Everyone is so amped about Randy vs Fedor that no one is saying the obvious, that he probably could not beat Big Nog. Does anyone really think he could?  The fight with Brock will be a barn burner and will probably end up being the highest watched fight of the year,(I know I'm going to buy it) but him getting beaten by Nog will put a serious damper on the Fedor fight.  Not being the unbeaten UFC champ puts him as just another guy that wants to fight Fedor, with no real draw.  And I'm very confused how Randy says that Fedor is the only real challenge left for him when Nog would be the biggest challenge of his career so far. Nog has lost to Fedor twice, both unanimous decisions, Henderson once, a split decision he avenged later and a split to Barnett. And I would have a tough time putting any real money on randy over any of those guys, including Dan. Nog is getting old, but not as old as Randy, and he has fought, in my opinion, better competition. And then there is the very real chance that Brock puts a real hurt on him, and he won't even get a chance to challenge Nog to unify the titles.

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Randy vs Big Nog
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 07:06:44 PM »
just read over on fightnews.com that Couture and Lesnar is a done deal for this fall...

it's still tough to say who does and who dos'nt match up with lesnar at this point but but you know the winner's gonna get the winner of Nog/mir.....

personally I think Randy vs Fedor is nothing more than a pipe dream

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 07:13:22 PM »
Just reconfirmed, UFC has already have Randy vs Lesner on their fight schedule! Its tough, I dont want to see either one of them loose!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 07:18:56 PM »
I think it's only fair that in lieu of the shitty cards the UFC handed us in the first part of this year, that they put lesnar/Couture and Mir/Nog on the same card

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 09:10:28 AM »
A fight between Randy/Big Nog is pretty clear cut.  Randy's hands and head movement have improved by leaps and bounds, he always has his Olympic caliber wrestling and cardio to fall back on, and his BJJ has pretty much been brought up to par and it's safe to say that he can hang with the best of them.  I see Randy holding his own on the feet, taking Nog. down at will if need be(Nog's wrestling has always sucked), and Randy is now competent enough on the ground to avoid Nog's sub attempts. (Jacare is now officially part of Xtreme couture, which is an invaluable tool for Randy).  I say Randy by Unanimous Decision.
Predictions
 40/61

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 07:12:25 AM »
A fight between Randy/Big Nog is pretty clear cut.  Randy's hands and head movement have improved by leaps and bounds, he always has his Olympic caliber wrestling and cardio to fall back on, and his BJJ has pretty much been brought up to par and it's safe to say that he can hang with the best of them.  I see Randy holding his own on the feet, taking Nog. down at will if need be(Nog's wrestling has always sucked), and Randy is now competent enough on the ground to avoid Nog's sub attempts. (Jacare is now officially part of Xtreme couture, which is an invaluable tool for Randy).  I say Randy by Unanimous Decision.

Chutebox that is a really great analysis...  Did not know Jacare was part of Extreme Couture. My only disagreement is that I don't thing Nog's wrestling sucks that bad I think it is more his takedown defense that is a little under par with the rest of his skills

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 10:22:39 AM »
Chutebox that is a really great analysis...  Did not know Jacare was part of Extreme Couture. My only disagreement is that I don't thing Nog's wrestling sucks that bad I think it is more his takedown defense that is a little under par with the rest of his skills

Yeah, Jacare prepared for Mayhem Miller at X-couture and liked it so much he joined the team.  The thing Ive noticed about Big Nog is that when he gets a takedown it's almost always from a BJJ/Judo leg trip, he rarely is successful with singles or doubles, he kinda has a telegraphed shot.  Either that or he pulls gaurd.
Predictions
 40/61

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 03:43:24 PM »
I say Randy by ground and pound TKO in the 3rd round like in his last fight against a BJJ Fighter that is even bigger than NOG. Randy controlled the entire fight.