Author Topic: Who said the media isn't bias??  (Read 1308 times)

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
Who said the media isn't bias??
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:26:08 PM »
Just a gossip mag but good example of the standards the media have....
Hope this is OK for you dictator!

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/03/us-weekly-cover-blasts-sarah-palin-but-for-the-obamas-its-a-cake-walk/
W

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Who said the media isn't bias??
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 12:28:44 PM »
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Great VP selection!

I hope McCain's presidency reflects his good judgment in picking a Vice President.

McCain 2008!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »
You shouldn't consider "Us" magazine as a credible source for News.

They're about as good as Fox.
S

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 12:31:28 PM »
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Great VP selection!

I hope McCain's presidency reflects his good judgment in picking a Vice President.

McCain 2008!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I guess you would be a little jealous right now.  How much money have you turned over to your loserteam??

Intelligent response though, thanks.
W

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 12:32:29 PM »

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/03/us-weekly-cover-blasts-sarah-palin-but-for-the-obamas-its-a-cake-walk/

lol.  That's crazy. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 12:32:55 PM »

You're posting a gossip rag as proof of media bias?

What kind of bias is this?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 12:33:32 PM »
cut the bullshit and lose the dictator.  I much perfer the days were I didn't have to do much and could concentrate on posting.  As of this week I am resigning from posting on politics and will just mod.  currently I have no interest in the style of engagement going on. 

There is nothing wrong with your thread post here, I have no idea why you would think I would have an issue.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 12:35:36 PM »

How much money have you turned over to your loserteam??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAH  ;D ;D
S

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 12:36:54 PM »
Wrong one above, sorry:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 12:38:47 PM »
Wrong one above, sorry:

Decker are you mad at National Enquirer for outing your boy Edwards?  lol.   :D

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 12:41:04 PM »
cut the bullshit and lose the dictator.  I much perfer the days were I didn't have to do much and could concentrate on posting.  As of this week I am resigning from posting on politics and will just mod.  currently I have no interest in the style of engagement going on. 

There is nothing wrong with your thread post here, I have no idea why you would think I would have an issue.

Thank you for your approval. 

I asked you on a previous thread what your comment meant.  I’m assuming you took my post and started a new thread because it wasn’t in with the subject.  Whoopee!
There’s about a million more threads that need altering. Get busy.
Why you singled me out…..I think I know why.
W

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 12:41:28 PM »
Decker are you mad at National Enquirer for outing your boy Edwards?  lol.   :D
No, he deserved it.

I'm still pissed about what they did to Carol Burnett.  I'm glad she whooped them in court.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 12:43:40 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 12:47:51 PM »
Thank you for your approval. 

I asked you on a previous thread what your comment meant.  I’m assuming you took my post and started a new thread because it wasn’t in with the subject.  Whoopee!
There’s about a million more threads that need altering. Get busy.
Why you singled me out…..I think I know why.

It'll be easy if you all just fucking do the simple so I don't have to...  I don't want anyone to be banned but that's always an option.  This is really simple shit that benefits everyone, even you.  Nobody should come into a thread you posted about something that concerns you, that you want addressed and have it derailed to a different point or met with sarcasm without substance.  and I didn't single you out.  I've been calling it where I see it and several people have gotten pms and warning.

Sincerely, Your Dictator,

Hugo

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 12:48:25 PM »
You're posting a gossip rag as proof of media bias?

What kind of bias is this?

Well then, how would you explain Newsweek's coverage of Obama?   :-\

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 12:48:28 PM »
Wrong one above, sorry:

Dude, I made a post to show how they are trying to destroy Palin with anything they can get their hands on, even a gossip magazine,  no matter how worthless it is.  I know it just a gossip mag, just trying to give my point. 

You're not going to admit media bias even if involved your own family.  Trust me, I've experianced this personally.
W

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 12:51:44 PM »
Well then, how would you explain Newsweek's coverage of Obama?   :-\

Excellent!!
W

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »

Dude, I made a post to show how they are trying to destroy Palin with anything they can get their hands on, even a gossip magazine,  no matter how worthless it is.  I know it just a gossip mag, just trying to give my point. 

You're not going to admit media bias even if involved your own family.  Trust me, I've experianced this personally.

Media prints what sells.  

Think of it this way--she's pretty (beauty queen), she's a hard rightwinger in the world of high stakes politics, issues have come to light recently that clash with those rightwing views setting up a tragic fall.  

That's the kind of stuff that sells today.  It's not some leftwing biased conspiracy.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 01:24:08 PM »

They are going to print all sorts about Palin for sure.

Just like how Decker posted the junk about Obama cheating and his marriage breaking up, Fox saying he is a Muslim and the list goes on.

Happens on both sides, they don't care - they want to print/show what sells best, for best ad revenue.

Drama sells - we complain but look at all of us. Most of us, me included, are quick to jump in threads about drama issues.

Either side can claim bias, as they both get stuff heaped on them.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 01:28:46 PM »

Just like how Decker posted the junk about Obama cheating and his marriage breaking up, Fox saying he is a Muslim and the list goes on.

Happens on both sides, they don't care - they want to print/show what sells best, for best ad revenue.

Drama sells - we complain but look at all of us. Most of us, me included, are quick to jump in threads about drama issues.

Either side can claim bias, as they both get stuff heaped on them.
I think of the media as part of the free market.  They print what sells.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 01:33:35 PM »
Exactly Decker. The point of business afterall is to make money.

One can point out the difference of coverage of US mag - then one can point out Fox's difference of coverage. They've apologized for statements about Obama what 5 times? It will never end. Both sides get it yadda yadda.

Would be nice to have decent coverage sure. Also would be nice if no one was ever murdered. Life isn't perfect.

And it all pales to British press, they are ruthless, seriously. Print stuff about people being fat and all that.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 01:40:05 PM »
...The point of business afterall is to make money.

One can point out the difference of coverage of US mag - then one can point out Fox's difference of coverage. They've apologized for statements about Obama what 5 times? It will never end. Both sides get it yadda yadda.

Would be nice to have decent coverage sure. Also would be nice if no one was ever murdered. Life isn't perfect.

And it all pales to British press, they are ruthless, seriously. Print stuff about people being fat and all that.

Well said CQ.  The US press has its own share of personal attack assassins--they occupy the nation's editorial pages.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 03:11:37 PM »

I agree with both you guys.  Every media outlet has a tilt; some obvious, some not so obvious.
But you can't tell me that the outlets that tilt to the left aren't trying to damage Palin with absolute baseless/sexist attacks.
Statements like:  Is she still going to be a mother to her children if she's elected?  How dumb!
No one ever asked Nancy Pelosi if she was still going to be a mother~ 3rd most powerful person in the world.
No one has asked if Obama is he still going to be a father. 
Besides, the media is worried more about her daugthers sex life than Obama's relationship with a terrorist.

Feminism has always be filled with liberal women under the spot light.  Now that a conservative woman has a chance to be the 2nd most powerful person in the world- these liberal feminist don't like it.  And it's all because of her political views.  And that is the truth; doesn't matter that she's a woman.
That is pure definition of hipocrisy. 

Who's to say she's not able be VP and a mother?  That's not for us to pick apart.
So her daughter made a mistake.  They are a close family and her daughter and grandchild will be very well taken care of.  That is not for us, or a talking head on TV, to worry about. 

Again, I agree (mostly) with you.  But these attacks on her cross a line. 
W

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 05:23:56 PM »
MM, agree mostly with you and I hope the media shows some politeness re:the kid.

It's not sexism though for 90% imo. Right or wrong, the media were going to jump like fire. Pelosi, Clinton, Snowe, Hutchinson, Sebulius or any men thrust their pregnant kid into the media to be mauled. They don't have a special needs baby, with 2 other kids. They would have gotten a whole different reaction.

The teen is getting mauled as her mom is running for VP. The Palins made that choice. That is the sad thing for many moms.

Thing I note, is they have pulled the gender card many times already. Suppose Obama's camp [which has never done that despite all ppl say] or I start ranting any insults to Obama are racist? On CNN her supporter told Carville when he said not experienced enough he was sexist? Obama been getting that alot - is that racist? No. Just opinion.

Equal rights for us is standing as equals. Not hiding behind a shield, saying any criticism is sexist. Worse thing is, it isn't Palin saying that, it's the "camp", so it reflects on her, and isn't her fault :-\