Author Topic: Dr. Laura Slams Palin on Motherhood  (Read 809 times)

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Dr. Laura Slams Palin on Motherhood
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:07:30 AM »
I'm sure most of you aren't fans of Dr. Laura Schlessinger, but Republicans and conservatives
are, and she's been called on time and time again for her opinions on moral and family values - even by
Evangelicals, even though she's Jewish.  I wonder how they will take to this. 
And as for Palin and Guiliani saying it's sexist to question her capacities as a mother,
I've not seen it from the media they attacked last night, but basically, from one of "their own"

http://www.drlaurablog.com/2008/09/02/sarah-palin-and-motherhood/

Give her credit, she's consistent, and apparently, not a Republican schill.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Dr. Laura Slams Palin on Motherhood
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »
I'm sure most of you aren't fans of Dr. Laura Schlessinger, but Republicans and conservatives
are, and she's been called on time and time again for her opinions on moral and family values - even by
Evangelicals, even though she's Jewish.  I wonder how they will take to this. 
And as for Palin and Guiliani saying it's sexist to question her capacities as a mother,
I've not seen it from the media they attacked last night, but basically, from one of "their own"

http://www.drlaurablog.com/2008/09/02/sarah-palin-and-motherhood/

Give her credit, she's consistent, and apparently, not a Republican schill.
That was a good read.  Sounds like she had the same hesitation that some other high-profile conservatives have.  I'd be interested to see if Dr. Laura feels the same way about Gov. Palin after her speech last night and the interviews/debates to come?  I have a suspicion that she no longer sees Gov. Palin as depicted in her editorial.

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 08:18:06 AM »
She may find her more qualified than she expected, but her main issue on mothers staying home to raise their kids, and her amazement on how she went back to work 5 days after giving birth to her child with DS, not to mention her pregnant daughter probably strengthened her arguments for stay-at-home nurturing.  I don't think the speech would have done much to change her opinion there.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 08:29:56 AM »
She may find her more qualified than she expected, but her main issue on mothers staying home to raise their kids, and her amazement on how she went back to work 5 days after giving birth to her child with DS, I don't think the speech would have done much to change her opinion there.
You may very well be right on that assumption.  I, personally, would rather have the situation that I do with my own family where my wife is a stay-at-home mom.  But I know this isn't true for every family.  From what I understand, Mr. Palin is a stay-at-home dad for the most part.  This may not be true though, so I'm not going to say with certainty.  But, if it is indeed a fact, then I would say having at least one parent at home (though there's nothing like Mom) is better than what we have with the majority of American households.  We also don't know to what specific capacity it was that Gov. Palin returned to work.  Returning to work could still involve feeding her son, and with him being nursed, it's paramount that she have that bond.  We don't know.  It's only speculation on Dr. Laura's (and mine for that matter) part. 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 08:31:24 AM »
  "Any full-time working wife and mother knows that the family takes the short end of the stick.  Marriages and the welfare of children suffer when a stressed-out mother doesn’t have time to be a woman, a wife, and a hands-on Mommy."

True--her daughter seems to be off on a wonderful start.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 10:24:09 AM »
Was the daughter 'shacking up with some young stud'??