Author Topic: Imagine the GOP backlash if Obama selected a "Hockey mom" to be VP.  (Read 475 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV

NT  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Imagine the GOP backlash if Obama selected a "Hockey mom" to be VP.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 08:42:32 AM »
you'll shortly be labeled a hellbound lib for your believe that an 18-month governor is not experienced enough to run the free world.

if you have high standards for education and experience for your leaders, you hate Reagan and want to have sex with castro.  hope this heps.

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 08:47:35 AM »
The Fox anchors would be cumming all over themselves :P if Obama made this kind of choice

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 12:34:11 PM »
Just like the dipshist at MSNBC right?  ::)

St. Paul — If you watched MSNBC on mute Wednesday night after Sarah Palin’s speech, it looked like the top story was that a hurricane swept through the North Pole and killed Santa Claus, so crestfallen were the network’s stars. It was the same with the sound up. Keith Olbermann’s first words after the applause in the Xcel Center finally died down were, “That appears to be the end of it.” He sounded relieved.

The same man who literally couldn’t find anything wrong with Barack Obama’s speech in Denver last week — calling it “spellbinding,” “fully realized” and “tough” — found that the best he could say of Palin’s speech was, “People who like this sort of thing will find this… the sort of thing they like.”

Chris Matthews, who gets thrills up his leg when Obama speaks, sounded shell-shocked. “Well, I have to say that I was completely surprised by what I saw,” he said, without an ounce of enthusiasm. “She is a torpedo aimed directly at the ship of Barack and Michelle Obama. That’s what she is. She’s an alternative to them. This is not an alternative to Hillary. This is a cultural alternative to Obama and his proposed First Lady. This is a very direct cultural shot.”

After he’d had a moment to compose himself, Olbermann tried to come up with a better reaction. Of the speech, he said there was some “condescension in there towards Obama.” Condescension is an interesting word. Here’s a woman who was belittled for being a small-town mayor by a guy who described small-town people as clinging to their guns and religion because they’re bitter. And yet, when she hits him back, she’s the condescending one.

It wasn’t just MSNBC’s anchors who were struggling to respond. On the floor of the convention center, a visibly depressed Andrea Mitchell interviewed a beaming Rudy Giuliani about Palin’s speech. Some context: Last week, reporting from among the Democratic delegates at Invesco Field, Mitchell relayed the reaction of the delegates to some of Obama’s best lines, literally shouting, “Whooee! Whooee!” into the camera.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 12:48:19 PM »
Both have core audiences...and Obermann has been making up ground abit for his network, as regards Fox's domination. Acting like a turd is helping his numbers. But Obama is not breaking down his door to be interviewed, he will appear on the "Factor" and I would expect that O'Reilly won't throw softballs. I hope he goes in without a question sketch, like many do. O'Reilly says he doesn't do or allow that, but this is a big risk vs reward for Obama. I hope we get to here O'Reilly specifically mention that before the interview.
L