Author Topic: "ask not what your country can do for you......"  (Read 1120 times)

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
"ask not what your country can do for you......"
« on: September 04, 2008, 03:02:40 PM »
a wise democrat (and one that I would have voted for/admire deeply by the way) once said, "don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

What happened to that democratic party?  Today's democratic party does nothing but ask "what can my country do for me? Who will pay for my college, who will pay for my health care, who will write my welfare check?"

Even Biden's response to Palin's speach was "I didn't hear her mention helthcare of education one time..."  Well there is a good reason for that, Republicans don't believe in paying higher taxes to support those that don't work as hard and earn it themselves.  Kennedy never wanted people to suck the government tit to pay for college/healthcare. 

I hear the Dems talk about families not being able to make ends meet.  The reason is that for the average person today, making ends meet includes having a PS3, HD tvs, $4 a pack cigarettes, $20 cases of beer, sattelite TV, internet, cell phones, computers etc...  These things are luxuary but to many americans consider them necessaties.  We need to make people understand that making ends meet means food on the table and a roof over head.  if we could get back to that mindset, we would nearly eliminate the poverty class.  We shouldn't bail out people that took on a mortgage deal that was to good to be true. 

I want to see the old democratic party come back, the one that kennedy led when he was here on earth with us. 

Cardfan

• Getbig III
Re: "ask not what your country can do for you......"
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 03:08:34 PM »
a wise democrat (and one that I would have voted for/admire deeply by the way) once said, "don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

What happened to that democratic party?  Today's democratic party does nothing but ask "what can my country do for me? Who will pay for my college, who will pay for my health care, who will write my welfare check?"

Even Biden's response to Palin's speach was "I didn't hear her mention helthcare of education one time..."  Well there is a good reason for that, Republicans don't believe in paying higher taxes to support those that don't work as hard and earn it themselves.  Kennedy never wanted people to suck the government tit to pay for college/healthcare. 

I hear the Dems talk about families not being able to make ends meet.  The reason is that for the average person today, making ends meet includes having a PS3, HD tvs, $4 a pack cigarettes, $20 cases of beer, sattelite TV, internet, cell phones, computers etc...  These things are luxuary but to many americans consider them necessaties.  We need to make people understand that making ends meet means food on the table and a roof over head.  if we could get back to that mindset, we would nearly eliminate the poverty class.  We shouldn't bail out people that took on a mortgage deal that was to good to be true. 

I want to see the old democratic party come back, the one that kennedy led when he was here on earth with us. 

Spot on brother

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:43:51 PM »

Good post. 

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 09:47:21 PM »

Sorry dude......I stopped reading after "a wise democrat" ;D!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 09:52:10 PM »

Yes but the tables have turned, these words once spoken by a true Democrat are now the words spoken by true Republicans, and others that deeply lover their country. People are seeing how, an Obama would help those that want from their country rather than a McCain who will tell you FLAT OUT help your country.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 10:01:22 PM »

You voted clinton in 1992, didn't ya? 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 10:02:56 PM »
Not a bad write-up.

My mother goes into epic meltdown mode on me for saying this, but I think if your finances don't allow you to eat, like well don't eat then. If you can't afford a bed, that's what the floor is for and so on.

I realize this doesn't work, kids will suffer and the next generation will be a hot mess, crime will spike massively blah blah, but internally I cannot help but think these things.

Having lived in places with welfare, and one with like zero where you work or starve - in my view it can also impact an ingrained mentality.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 10:04:41 PM »
Not a bad write-up.

My mother goes into epic meltdown mode on me for saying this, but I think if your finances don't allow you to eat, like well don't eat then. If you can't afford a bed, that's what the floor is for and so on.

I realize this doesn't work, kids will suffer and the next generation will be a hot mess, crime will spike massively blah blah, but internally I cannot help but think these things.

Having lived in places with welfare, and one with like zero where you work or starve - in my view it can also impact an ingrained mentality.

Yeah.  Well said CQ.  It absolutely creates a mindset.  It becomes cyclical too. 

The Coach

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 10:05:54 PM »

Oh for fucks sake Rob, get over it. How many times to I have to rehash that???????

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 10:09:10 PM »

JFK was a man who thought outside the box and it was a shame that he was murdered before he was able to do anything for this country. Here is how I see it, when it comes to being Dem or Rep. I hear a lot of people say it is about the rich and the poor. Rep do everything to keep their money this and that. Only work for the rich this and that..

Here is the real way that I see it. What has the government ever done right when it had complete power? The republicans believe that the private sector should be responsible (or at least have the power to fix the problems) as to where the democrats believe that the Govern. should have the power and ability to fix the problems. They do this with the implementation of government programs. WELFARE being the first example.. HORRIBLE IDEA.. Good intentions but horrible idea. I think of Democrats to be, bleeding hearts. They have the best interest in the country and for the country, but they don't live in the real world.. HELLO the majority of government programs FUCKING SUCK! Personally I am tired of paying for others people shit, fuck paying for everyone elses health care. I worked my ass off to get a degree and get a good paying job so that I could get health care! I don't want my paycheck taxed anymore so that the lazy fat KUNT down the street can get the same services that I do...

I also like how McCain said he will stop sending money to countries that don't like us that much! It's about God Damn Time those pieces of shit either have our back or fend for themselves!

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 10:11:40 PM »

Just to make it clear, read my tag line >:(