Author Topic: The 25 Things You Never Knew About John McCain  (Read 2243 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
The 25 Things You Never Knew About John McCain
« on: September 04, 2008, 09:59:03 PM »
Thursday September 4, 2008

Photo credit: Emmanuel Dunand/AFP/Getty Images

First it was his vice-presidential pick's turn.

Now the man who hopes to be the next president of the United States is prepared to officially accept the honour in a ceremony at the Republican convention in St. Paul, Minnesota Thursday night. John McCain is a war hero and has long been known as a maverick on some issues that have always been the centerpiece of his party's main platforms.

But with the ex-POW firmly in place, the final charge for the White House and his inevitable clash with Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama can officially begin.

You might think there's nothing left to find out about the possible next resident of the White House.

But you'd be wrong.

Here are the 25 things you never knew about John McCain.

1. He has a stuffed dancing hamster on display in his Senate office.

Every evil egotistical dictator has a mini-me, why should he be any different?

2. His wife says her obsession with electronic gadgets and technology is one of his pet peeves.

That's probably because he can't figure out how to use them.

3. He says his pet peeve is politicians who talk too much. (He admits that he's guilty, too, sometimes.)

4. He's not much of a shopper, but he likes to buy rugs when travelling abroad.

5. His favourite book is "For Whom the Bell Tolls," by Ernest Hemingway.

6. He was addicted to the TV show "24."   :o

Folks, ...this in itself should be reason enough to keep him out of the oval office.

7. He carries a lucky penny in his pocket.

8. He played Scrooge in the PoWs' staging of "A Christmas Carol" at the Hanoi Hilton.

Threy were probably type-casting.

9. His movie favourites include "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World," "Casablanca," and "Viva Zapata!" He and wife Cindy have seen "Mamma Mia!" twice.

10. He talks to fellow prisoners of war, those with whom he shared a cell in Vietnam, almost daily.

11. He has seven children. The first two he adopted from his first wife's previous marriage, the third was born to him and his first wife, the next three were born to him and his second wife, and the seventh they adopted from Mother Teresa's orphanage in Bangladesh. He has four grandchildren.

12. His wife was in Bangladesh on a charity mission and brought home baby Bridget without checking first with McCain.

13. He describes himself as "a person who is mostly normal."

It's not the normal part that scares us, ...it's the "not normal" part that'll mess us up.

14. His parents "eloped" and got married at Caesar's Bar in Tijuana, Mexico; McCain's grandfather accompanied them.

15. He's serious about the finer points of barbecuing, and he likes to deep-fry turkeys in peanut oil.

16. He wasn't happy when Hudson, the neighbours' black lab, ate the tenderloin he'd been marinating to grill for dinner at their ranch in Sedona, Ariz.

Wonder if his neighbour still has the dog, ...or if it suddenly, mysteriously disappeared one night? ???

17. He doesn't like to be alone.

That must pose a real problem for him, ...especially since people can't stand to be around him.  :-\

18. At Christmastime, he likes to supervise the lighting of about 1,000 luminaria candles on their property in Sedona with family and friends.

19. Going on vacation with him is anything but relaxing. His children call it "Camp McCain."

Why does this not surprise me in the least?

20. He's an early-bird, not a night-owl.

21. He doesn't e-mail. He doesn't surf the Web. He likes to read the newspaper in print. He's attached to his cell phone.

First he has to figure out the Googles.   :D

22. His office window sill is overrun with stacks of books. He hands books off to friends once he's read them.

23. He's into fruit trees. And birds. He keeps binoculars and bird books at the ready in Sedona. His pet collection: two dogs, two turtles, a cat, a ferret, three parakeets and 13 saltwater fish.

24. His wife is super-rich. They have a prenuptial agreement.

I guess after seeing how easily he tossed aside Carol, ...Cindy wasn't all that dumb after all

25. He programmed digital remotes at the family's homes in Phoenix and Washington so they can call up DVDs in any room.

Source. The Associated Press

commentary in red is my own

w

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: The 25 Things You Never Knew About John McCain
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 10:00:56 PM »
He liked 24 also?  ;D

Damn this guy gets better everyday!!!!!!!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 10:13:14 PM »
The one thing that we all know about JAG!

1) When it comes to poitics she has no idea and posts stupid shit!

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 10:15:34 PM »
Thursday September 4, 2008

Photo credit: Emmanuel Dunand/AFP/Getty Images

First it was his vice-presidential pick's turn.

Now the man who hopes to be the next president of the United States is prepared to officially accept the honour in a ceremony at the Republican convention in St. Paul, Minnesota Thursday night. John McCain is a war hero and has long been known as a maverick on some issues that have always been the centerpiece of his party's main platforms.

But with the ex-POW firmly in place, the final charge for the White House and his inevitable clash with Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama can officially begin.

You might think there's nothing left to find out about the possible next resident of the White House.

But you'd be wrong.

Here are the 25 things you never knew about John McCain.

1. He has a stuffed dancing hamster on display in his Senate office.

Every evil egotistical dictator has a mini-me, why should he be any different?

2. His wife says her obsession with electronic gadgets and technology is one of his pet peeves.

That's probably because he can't figure out how to use them.

3. He says his pet peeve is politicians who talk too much. (He admits that he's guilty, too, sometimes.)

4. He's not much of a shopper, but he likes to buy rugs when travelling abroad.

5. His favourite book is "For Whom the Bell Tolls," by Ernest Hemingway.

Folks, ...this in itself should be reason enough to keep him out of the oval office.

7. He carries a lucky penny in his pocket.

8. He played Scrooge in the PoWs' staging of "A Christmas Carol" at the Hanoi Hilton.

Threy were probably type-casting.

9. His movie favourites include "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World," "Casablanca," and "Viva Zapata!" He and wife Cindy have seen "Mamma Mia!" twice.

10. He talks to fellow prisoners of war, those with whom he shared a cell in Vietnam, almost daily.

11. He has seven children. The first two he adopted from his first wife's previous marriage, the third was born to him and his first wife, the next three were born to him and his second wife, and the seventh they adopted from Mother Teresa's orphanage in Bangladesh. He has four grandchildren.

12. His wife was in Bangladesh on a charity mission and brought home baby Bridget without checking first with McCain.

13. He describes himself as "a person who is mostly normal."

It's not the normal part that scares us, ...it's the "not normal" part that'll mess us up.

14. His parents "eloped" and got married at Caesar's Bar in Tijuana, Mexico; McCain's grandfather accompanied them.

15. He's serious about the finer points of barbecuing, and he likes to deep-fry turkeys in peanut oil.

16. He wasn't happy when Hudson, the neighbours' black lab, ate the tenderloin he'd been marinating to grill for dinner at their ranch in Sedona, Ariz.

Wonder if his neighbour still has the dog, ...or if it suddenly, mysteriously disappeared one night? ???

17. He doesn't like to be alone.

That must pose a real problem for him, ...especially since people can't stand to be around him.  :-\

18. At Christmastime, he likes to supervise the lighting of about 1,000 luminaria candles on their property in Sedona with family and friends.

19. Going on vacation with him is anything but relaxing. His children call it "Camp McCain."

Why does this not surprise me in the least?

20. He's an early-bird, not a night-owl.

21. He doesn't e-mail. He doesn't surf the Web. He likes to read the newspaper in print. He's attached to his cell phone.

First he has to figure out the Googles.   :D

22. His office window sill is overrun with stacks of books. He hands books off to friends once he's read them.

23. He's into fruit trees. And birds. He keeps binoculars and bird books at the ready in Sedona. His pet collection: two dogs, two turtles, a cat, a ferret, three parakeets and 13 saltwater fish.

24. His wife is super-rich. They have a prenuptial agreement.

I guess after seeing how easily he tossed aside Carol, ...Cindy wasn't all that dumb after all

25. He programmed digital remotes at the family's homes in Phoenix and Washington so they can call up DVDs in any room.

Source. The Associated Press

commentary in red is my own

Good post....your right on track with your usual.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 10:19:12 PM »
Good post....your right on track with your usual.

What the hell does this have to do with shit.. The guy Frys chicken in peanut oil and he likes a tv show.. WHO FUCKING CARES!

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 10:23:35 PM »

What the hell does this have to do with shit.. The guy Frys chicken in peanut oil and he likes a tv show.. WHO FUCKING CARES!

Dude, I meant that with sarcasm.....when it comes to politics Jag has her head up her............

Little miss feminist I guess really doesn't believe what she spews.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 10:24:35 PM »
Dude, I meant that with sarcasm.....when it comes to politics Jag has her head up her............

Little miss feminist I guess really doesn't believe what she spews.

My bad, I was wondering how anyone could think like that!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 10:39:56 PM »
Why don't you guys try attacking the message rather than the messenger?
w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 10:44:51 PM »
LOL at the prenup. Good move for Cindy in all seriousness. When you start an affair with a married man, then marry him when you inherited 100 million I do not blame her one bit.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 10:46:35 PM »
he fries turkey in peanut oil also? Damn this guy is getting better, that is the best tasting turkey ever. It's dangerous gotta know what your doing....it takes a leader to do that kinda stuff a real maverick

although i wonder what books he likes to read

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 10:48:50 PM »
Why don't you guys try attacking the message rather than the messenger?

coach is very good at calling people libs without debating their argument.

The other day he called the Associated press a left-wing media lie machine.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 10:49:10 PM »
LOL at the prenup. Good move for Cindy in all seriousness. When you start an affair with a married man, then marry him when you inherited 100 million I do not blame her one bit.

actually when you inherit money from family, it is usually in writing in the family's trust that the women must have a prenup if she marries or remarries or the money gets transferred to other siblings, or the trust beneficiary takes ownership, etc.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 10:57:47 PM »
actually when you inherit money from family, it is usually in writing in the family's trust that the women must have a prenup if she marries or remarries or the money gets transferred to other siblings, or the trust beneficiary takes ownership, etc.

Yes I am sure, but still a good move. They are fine yes, but many others are not.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 11:08:17 PM »

That could possibly account for why he didn't discard her when she became a junkie, like he did with Carol.
Why else would someone "not blink an eye" upon discovering his wife was a junkie who was committing forgery?
w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 11:11:48 PM »
That could possibly account for why he didn't discard her when she became a junkie, like he did with Carol.
Why else would someone "not blink an eye" upon discovering his wife was a junkie who was committing forgery?

Love probably.

That said, if people are afforded multiple mansions and travel on a private jet, most people would be far more amenable.

As if not - back to a house and standing in line for Delta with the peons like us.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 11:52:07 PM »
As if not - back to a house and standing in line for Delta with the peons like us.

speak for yourself...I fly JetBlue

I also further don't like this list, since I now miss watching 24. Maybe I can write to McCain about that.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 03:57:06 AM »
I'm okay with all this.

I like McCain as a person.

I like Obama as a person too.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 06:16:01 AM »
speak for yourself...I fly JetBlue
I also further don't like this list, since I now miss watching 24. Maybe I can write to McCain about that.

You know I was going to say that but didn't want to look cheap. I *live* on jetblue as well ;D

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 06:23:33 AM »
My buddy had to do that before he got his inheritance and marrying his gf.
Squishy face retard

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 06:34:41 AM »

I don't think I've ever watched "24" but I've heard it's actually pretty good. 

What does your comment mean here Judi?
R

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 06:53:55 AM »
He liked 24 also?  ;D

Damn this guy gets better everyday!!!!!!!
Just like Dick Chaney and all the other neo-cons of the Bush administration.  ::)
!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 06:56:18 AM »
Jack Bauer would make a great President.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 06:56:28 AM »
What is the deal w/the show 24  ???
R

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 06:58:39 AM »
What is the deal w/the show 24  ???

STella get with it >:(

24 is like a show where the USA is attacked by terrorists like 60 times a day and Jack Bauer saves the day in the most shocking of ways 100 times a week.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 06:59:49 AM »
Jack Bauer could single handedly defeat the Iranian Quds force while getting a blow job and curing cancer.