Author Topic: Palin "whisked away" on plane immediately, headed back to Alaska  (Read 2907 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Palin "whisked away" on plane immediately, headed back to Alaska
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 11:07:04 PM »
I think McCain has two sons in combat?  Or at least two in the military?   :P

wow, this thread just turned to garbage with derailment pieces like this.

what a shit thread, what a shit election.

a gungrabbing commie and an old puppet with a veep with a mess of personal affairs.

what a shit stew to chose from.

we're arguing about the lesser of two evils.  Palin is a puppet or trans oil, and obama is a puppet of those few who wrote his plan - ayers and zbig.  mccain is a puppet of lieberman and the bushco.

what a crock of shit the 2008 mess will be.  I honestly don't care who wins.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 11:15:09 PM »
Lord, if we go by headlines Obama has been dominating them all over the world for months on end.

If we go by speeches, Obama most rational folks can admit is great.

She gave a speech and is in the press. Sound familiar? ;D

It's amusing Obama was slammed for that, now Palin is praised for it. Irony defined.

Issue is can it sustain.

Now, let's not compare kids - as if I bring up "you know what" I'll be wrong ;D

That's the whole point CQ.  She knocked him off the headlines.  She changed the conversation.  Even the media, which is infatuated with Obama, had to put its love affair on hold. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 11:17:16 PM »
That's the whole point CQ.  She knocked him off the headlines.  She changed the conversation.  Even the media, which is infatuated with Obama, had to put its love affair on hold. 

BB,

Do you predict in 5 days, the story will still be Palin?

Of course she knocked him off the headlines.  But how sustainable is that?  The only things emerging on Palin for the next week will be the big news about to break on Babygate... the birth certificate ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 11:21:56 PM »
BB,

Do you predict in 5 days, the story will still be Palin?

Of course she knocked him off the headlines.  But how sustainable is that?  The only things emerging on Palin for the next week will be the big news about to break on Babygate... the birth certificate ;)

Of course.  When she gives her first interview, she will be news.  When she debates Biden, she will be news.  People love this woman.  That's why her peers voted her the most popular governor in the country.  Much of the country will likely have the same opinion.  People will want to see and talk about our future president.   :) 

The other tabloid crap will still be around for people like you to sop up. 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 11:23:45 PM »

Can she draw 20,000 - 80,000 people over and over for well over 6 months. Can she make the dollars pack in like he does...so far all this talk of boom - McCain $1 million in 24hrs, Obama $10 million.

Or was it a momentary spike? They always say Obama gets it as as he is black [I disagaree but whatever], well he is black and boring after that. She is first ever female, with much untypical things around her, literally like a movie script. A ex-beauty queen from Alaska, with 5 kids, a downs baby, a pregnant teen, who shoots wolves from helicopters? Press dream.

Will it sustain is my point.

And the fact remains, all she did was speak and get press that it is. Same thing people accuse Obama of. Fact.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 11:26:06 PM »
The other tabloid crap will still be around for people like you to sop up. 

If she is not the parent of the child as claimed, it's not tabloid crap.  It's a crime and one which will disqualify her from the race.

I guess we'll see early next week when the nat'l enquirer leaks that birth certificate!  maybe they'll 'accidentally' have the wrong name on it...

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 11:35:29 PM »
240 - her daughter easily looks 5 months, if not more, and that baby was born in April. It's Palins.

In retrospect, it was glaringly obvious.

I wondered why that large daft looking blanket was being used as a baby blanket all the time. The teen was *always* holding the baby with that huge blanket spread, check the pics. At one stop the teen and the baby didn't come off the bus with the family as "the baby was sick", guess walking around for hours couldn't be hidden. She's 17, prior pics had cute teen clothes on, but last week was wearing granny dresses.

Enter my snideness, nice to be pregnant and have to hide it publically. Using a blanket to hide your bump, staying on the bus while your family walks around. Wonder why that was needed since it is so "commendable" shes having a baby. Hiding pregnant women went out in the 1800's :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 11:54:46 PM »
Can she draw 20,000 - 80,000 people over and over for well over 6 months. Can she make the dollars pack in like he does...so far all this talk of boom - McCain $1 million in 24hrs, Obama $10 million.

Or was it a momentary spike? They always say Obama gets it as as he is black [I disagaree but whatever], well he is black and boring after that. She is first ever female, with much untypical things around her, literally like a movie script. A ex-beauty queen from Alaska, with 5 kids, a downs baby, a pregnant teen, who shoots wolves from helicopters? Press dream.

Will it sustain is my point.

And the fact remains, all she did was speak and get press that it is. Same thing people accuse Obama of. Fact.

I don't know if she can bring in campaign dollars like Obama.  He's a rock star.  But what Palin has done is energize part of the Republican base and given McCain a huge boost, something VP candidates rarely do. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 11:57:04 PM »
If she is not the parent of the child as claimed, it's not tabloid crap.  It's a crime and one which will disqualify her from the race.

I guess we'll see early next week when the nat'l enquirer leaks that birth certificate!  maybe they'll 'accidentally' have the wrong name on it...

Yes, yes the National Enquirer and Daily Kos will break this story.  lol . . . 

Sudsville

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 03:02:25 AM »
They said the McCain campaign says nobody is going to see Sarah Palin in Alaska or the nation until at least the middle of next week.

The more exposure, the less people like that. 

is that why mccain is rushing her away for a week?  Surely she can run alaska via email for a week?

It doesn't appear she'll be in Alaska anytime soon.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Calendar/

Purge_WTF

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 05:35:42 AM »
  As I said before, Palin is just eye and ear candy for the McCain campaign. Too bad she doesn't have the integrity to realize it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 05:54:40 AM »

Don't you think the spike in $$ being donated is due to Democrats being just a little more concerned now then they were two weeks ago.....?
Y

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2008, 06:01:46 AM »
Don't you think the spike in $$ being donated is due to Democrats being just a little more concerned now then they were two weeks ago.....?

I really think no one is worried. She seems to help Obama, he gets crap for being inexperienced, lacks foreign policy etc, well she helps minimise that problem. Can't complain about him using drugs as she admitted it too etc.

And all she did was give a speech and get [curiousity] press for like a week. Face it, Obama could write the 'how to' book on giving speeches and getting press. He is marquee at that, and will be remembered in history as a great speaker whatever happens.

I honestly think it was simply a matter of being pissed of by her snide remarks out of the blue....

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2008, 06:27:47 AM »
I really think no one is worried. She seems to help Obama, he gets crap for being inexperienced, lacks foreign policy etc, well she helps minimise that problem. Can't complain about him using drugs as she admitted it too etc.

I think you have to look at it past the surface. 

The McCain campaign knew she would be attacked for lack of experience, yet they chose her anyway.

What does that do?  It keeps the theme of inexperience on the table right up until election time - which is Obama's glaring weakness.  Any questions pertaining to experiencein  debates, interviews, etc all play against Obama.  The glaring differnece is, on the Republican side, the weakness is isolated to the the VP, whereas it's on the President on the Democratic side.  It portrays the the Republican side as experience being followed by inexperience, and the Democrats having it backwards.
Y