Author Topic: Dem surprises for tomorrow?  (Read 956 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Dem surprises for tomorrow?
« on: September 04, 2008, 10:04:54 PM »
Obama Campaign will announce that they raised $103 million in August.

Later in the day, a surprise endorsement will be the buzz for the whole weekend, blowing the RNC off the front pages.

Colin Powell.

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Dem surprises for tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 10:08:45 PM »
Collin, no not really. He agreed with the war that Obama is against right?

Obama made some mistakes on O'Reilly, and Bill is saving them for the whole week next week.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 10:11:07 PM »
At the risk of sounding like BB, do you have a link?

And yeah, I do know he is pouring in money, $9 million since Palins speech. My brother, a notorious tightwad, maxed him and his wife out after Palin. Palin grated on my sister in law so she twisted my brothers arm with threats of chronic nagging.

Problem with Palin, she fired up both sides with her snide remarks. Biden semi bored both sides, but at least he didn't send repubs into their pockets.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 10:11:20 PM »

Later in the day, a surprise endorsement will be the buzz for the whole weekend, blowing the RNC off the front pages.

Colin Powell.

Colin Powell's endorsement of Obama is old news.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 10:16:30 PM »
At the risk of sounding like BB, do you have a link?

lol.   ;D

Nothing more than blog gossip. 

Obama's Next Move

At the moment, the GOP's week feels like an inversion of the Democrats' week in Denver. Sarah Palin's speech was a sensation on a level with Obama's triumph at Invesco. Just as the McCain campaign seemed at a loss for how to respond to Obama Thursday night, last night the Obama team lacked a killer comeback against  Palin (admittedly, responding to a winning speech is never easy).

McCain skilfully shifted the race's momentum the morning after Invesco with his surprise Palin announcement. Now, the question is whether the Obama team can continue the week-versus-week parallel and come up with a similar attention-getter. In the past, Obama's campaign has repeatedly demonstrated a marvelous sense of timing and an ability to rebound quickly after a setback. (As Jason Zengerle recently reported, for instance, Obama kept John Kerry's promised endorsement in his pocket and sprang it as a comeback after losing New Hampshire.)

I don't know what rabbit might be hiding in Obama's hat. But here's one fanciful thought: Colin Powell.

Imagine if Obama kicked off Friday with a Powell endorsement, shutting down the Palin hype and McCain speech bounce the same way as McCain smothered Obama's afterglow last weekend. After all, Bill Kristol recently predicted that Powell would actually appear at the Democratic convention. Clearly there's fear among Republicans that Powell will come out for Obama. And think about the impact a Powell endorsement would bring on the heels of a convention that is flogging McCain's military service, along with shots at Obama for never having worn a uniform.

Perhaps it's too much for Obamaphiles to hope for. Powell shot down the Kristol rumor and you get the sense the general is willing to stay neutral but not actively inflame the right.

Still, a Powell endorsement--be it Friday, or some other time later this fall--isn't unthinkable. And if delivered in the near future, it could deflate McCain's convention high in a single stroke.

--Michael Crowley

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_stump/archive/2008/09/04/obama-s-next-move.aspx

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 10:20:49 PM »
As an aside, I know for a fact Colon is expected in the Caribbean in the next few days for vacation, so that leads me to not think this.

Although it's obvious by his non-endorsment and "I am not sure who I will vote for" he is an undercover supporter anyway.

The Coach

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 10:25:24 PM »

Colin Powell.

NY Yankees have the biggest payroll in baseball yet they're getting their asses handed to them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 10:31:28 PM »

NY Yankees have the biggest payroll in baseball yet they're getting their asses handed to them.

Right.  Because after all, baseball records are usually related to TV ad spending, like elections.