Author Topic: Sarah Palin Fundraised $8 Million for Barack!  (Read 776 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Sarah Palin Fundraised $8 Million for Barack!
« on: September 05, 2008, 09:27:50 AM »
Sarah Palin Fundraised $8 Million for Barack!
Filed under: Politik > Barack Obama > Sarah Palin

The factually inaccurate and exaggerated speech bashing Barack from the lipstick wearing pit bull delivered at the RNC convention on Wednesday inspired 130,000 donors to give money to the Obama campaign.

To the tune of $8 million in 24 hours!!!!!

Wowsers!

Who would've guessed that Sarah Palin would be such a great Obama fundraiser????

An Obama campaign rep said they were on track to make $10 million by the time John McCain took the stage Thursday night.

Wonder how the fundraising is going for the GOP these days?!

[Barack image via WENN. Palin image via Getty Images.]

Permalink / 167 comments  (RSS)  / Forward this post  »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Sarah Palin Fundraised $8 Million for Barack!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:32:00 AM »
It means the Democrats are scared shitless of Palin and are emptying their wallets to keep up the fight.
Y

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 09:33:28 AM »
It means the Democrats are scared shitless of Palin and are emptying their wallets to keep up the fight.

NICE SPIN MOVE... ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 09:34:06 AM »
yeah, i thought obama raised 10 since her speech, and she raised 8 or 9.  very close.

now we'lls tart to see IF mccian's 85 mil cap, and obama's unlimited cap, come into play.  He can outspeend her, but the RNC can outspend him if they want to derail their senate bids and put all the eggs in executive basket on mccain.  in other words, forfeit congressional races.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 09:43:21 AM »
NICE SPIN MOVE... ::)

No, it's just an opinion.  Why else would there be a massive increase in funding right after her speech?
Y

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 09:48:35 AM »
No, it's just an opinion.  Why else would there be a massive increase in funding right after her speech?

Many reasons.

My company donated money on monthly basis to an orphange for years, and I assure you I am not scared of 8yr olds :P

I think many just wanted to show support, realized that yes, she would get press, plus he's always had fundraising pull anyway. $10 million in a day is great yes, but he's hit high numbers many times before.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 09:49:14 AM »

Exactly, this is a big sign that she is a threat.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 09:53:53 AM »
Many reasons.

My company donated money on monthly basis to an orphange for years, and I assure you I am not scared of 8yr olds :P

I think many just wanted to show support, realized that yes, she would get press, plus he's always had fundraising pull anyway. $10 million in a day is great yes, but he's hit high numbers many times before.

You're reaching.

I would imagine any increases over the norm were triggered by certain events, just as this one was.  Is it really a strech to think they had concern over what they just saw?
Y

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 09:56:15 AM »
Many reasons.

I don't think people that saw Sarah talk that night were thinking about orphans at all.

They were thinking, this women is a real threat, she has as many viewers as Obama and is only a VP, and she fired them up.

CNN is even reporting on how Sarah is the Repubs "Obama" and their "Red Bull" that sent a big message to throw more money to help Obama

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 10:38:35 AM »
You're reaching.

I would imagine any increases over the norm were triggered by certain events, just as this one was.  Is it really a strech to think they had concern over what they just saw?

I wasn't reaching, merely making a valid point there are many reasons we donate money.

The money point is all moot anyway, Obama raised more money in a day then McCain has since he announced her as VP. So whichever or whatever, that is good for Obama's campaign financially.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 11:01:48 AM »
I wasn't reaching, merely making a valid point there are many reasons we donate money.

You were providing general reasons why money is donated, but the topic was why there was a SPIKE in money donated.

The money point is all moot anyway, Obama raised more money in a day then McCain has since he announced her as VP. So whichever or whatever, that is good for Obama's campaign financially.

True.
Y

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 08:13:15 PM »

Yet, despite all that money (and he's had a HUGE monetary advantage from the get-go), he is STILL in a NECK-AND-NECK race with McCain.

McCain is already showing his fiscal savvy.  ;D