Author Topic: 333386 bumping another thread that is 1,100 days old.  (Read 7756 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Nat'l enquirer claims next week's issue will prove Palin Affair?
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2008, 01:17:48 PM »
Well, perhaps the biggest whoremonger and adulterer in American political history got a standing ovation at the DNC. But, that doesn't seem to bother the liberals here, for some reason.
getting a bj from an intern is not as bad as shamelessly ditching your family for a woman who will help further your political career like your great Man of Integrity and Honor did ;)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2008, 01:20:31 PM »
getting a bj from an intern is not as bad as shamelessly ditching your family for a woman who will help further your political career like your great Man of Integrity and Honor did ;)

You know good and well that Bill was whoring around LOOOOOOONG before "Monica-gate". Unless, you're implying that it's fine to screw around on your wife, as long as you don't leave (notwithstanding the fact that Hilary has political reasons to stay with Bill and, were he to leave, Hilary would BLEED HIM DRY).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2008, 01:40:07 PM »
Well, perhaps the biggest whoremonger and adulterer in American political history got a standing ovation at the DNC. But, that doesn't seem to bother the liberals here, for some reason.

the difference is that BC didn't lecture the public on morals and family values.

That is always the difference in these issue.

Kind of like when David Vitter and Larry Craig sponsoring (among others) the Federal Marriage Ammendment

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2008, 01:59:21 PM »
the difference is that BC didn't lecture the public on morals and family values.

Silly me! I thought married men were supposed to be faithful to their wives, not get caught red-handed and try to redefine what "is" is.

That is always the difference in these issue.

Kind of like when David Vitter and Larry Craig sponsoring (among others) the Federal Marriage Ammendment

AHHHHHH!!! So, whoring and adultering isn't as bad, provided you aren't lecturing the public about it (or a Democrat).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2008, 02:01:39 PM »
Rationalizations by liberals are comical. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2008, 02:07:10 PM »
Silly me! I thought married men were supposed to be faithful to their wives.
AHHHHHH!!! So, whoring and adultering isn't as bad, provided you aren't lecturing the public about it (or a Democrat).

other people marriages are none of my biz.

When you are a public figure who preaches family values and then have an affair (allegedly) then the issue is hypocrisy

When you preach abstinence over sex education and your teenage daughter get's knocked up then the issue is hypocrisy.

When you want to take away a womans right to choose and then you want credit for not choosing abortion the issue is hypocrisy

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2008, 02:26:06 PM »

yours certainly are.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2008, 02:36:47 PM »
other people marriages are none of my biz.

When you are a public figure who preaches family values and then have an affair (allegedly) then the issue is hypocrisy

Key word: Allegedly. I guess the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing goes out the door, when it comes to conservatives, especially when they're women.

When you preach abstinence over sex education and your teenage daughter get's knocked up then the issue is hypocrisy.

You don't get it. It doesn't matter what type of sex education Palin favors. Her daughter DIDN'T heed it. Do you really think that girl knew nothing about condoms?

Had she used contraception, she might not have become pregnant; had she abstained, she DEFINITELY would not be pregnant. She did neither; she's pregnant. By your logic, we should get of sex education altogether, because there are plenty of teens who hear about condoms and birth control, BUT KEEP SCREWING WITHOUT USING THEM, anyway.

Of course, it's awfully hard to get pregnant, without having sexual intercourse. But, never let common sense stand in the way of the liberals' mantra of wanting the screw without consequence.

When you want to take away a womans right to choose and then you want credit for not choosing abortion the issue is hypocrisy

What she decided is that, Down's syndrome or not, that baby is just that: A BABY. Trig deserves a chance to live, not hacked to pieces due to his imperfection.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2008, 02:38:13 PM »
yours certainly are.

Beach Bunnys' rationalization are more sad and pathetic than funny and are usually followed by pretending not to understand the topic or when he's really stumped just the every ready eye roll......cue eye roll now

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2008, 02:47:26 PM »
Key word: Allegedly. I guess the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing goes out the door, when it comes to conservatives, especially when they're women.

yep - that's why I was careful to include the word

You don't get it. It doesn't matter what type of sex education Palin favors. Her daughter DIDN'T heed it. Do you really think that girl knew nothing about condoms?  Had she used contraception, she might not have become pregnant; had she abstained, she DEFINITELY would not be pregnant. By your logic, we should get of sex education altogether, because there are plenty of teens who hear about condoms and birth control, BUT KEEP SCREWING WITHOUT USING THEM, anyway.

My logic is that I think it should be taught for both preventing unwanted pregnancy and avoiding disease (not just HIV but all types of STD's)
Abstinence only works until the point where you can't abstain and then you better have a back up plan.  You're right on one thing.  I'm sure Bristol was aware of condoms and how they work so I guess she's either stupid or maybe wanted to get knocked up (not uncommon)

What she decided is that, Down's syndrome or not, that baby is just that: A BABY. Trig deserves a chance to live, not hacked to pieces due to his imperfection.

Given her strident position on abortion I would expect nothing less of her.

Any other CHOICE would have been hypocritical

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2008, 02:51:46 PM »
yep - that's why I was careful to include the word

Good for you!

[quote author=Straw Man link=topic=232560.msg3279318#msg3279318

My logic is that I think it should be taught for both preventing unwanted pregnancy and avoiding disease (not just HIV but all types of STD's)
Abstinence only works until the point where you can't abstain and then you better have a back up plan.  You're right on one thing.  I'm sure Bristol was aware of condoms and how they work so I guess she's either stupid or maybe wanted to get knocked up (not uncommon).[/quote]

She didn't use "Plan A" or "Plan B".

Given her strident position on abortion I would expect nothing less of her.

Any other CHOICE would have been hypocritical

Then, why are you talking about hypocrisy, in this case? If there were ANY opening for her to be hypocritical with regards to abortion, those two instance (her pregnancy with Trig and her daughter's out-of-wedlock pregnancy) would have been it.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Sarah Palin's extramarital affair.......
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2008, 02:52:44 PM »
Its absolutely amazing how hard some are trying to discredit this woman.  Actually its appauling and the some of the reason I haven't checked this board lately.  240, and some of the others are posting every single negative story that comes up on the liberal blogs whether it has any credibility or not.  I guess their take on it is if you keep repeating negative things, whether true or not, it will change perceptions.  This is the part of politics I hate.

John, this isn't liberal blog speculation, ...this is an international news story in circulation in the intl news media

w

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2008, 03:01:20 PM »
John, this isn't liberal blog speculation, ...this is an international news story in circulation in the intl news media

That's likely where it started. And, would any of this international news media be of the left-leaning kind, particularly the ones that cried almost as much as the liberals did here, when Bush got re-elected (i.e. the UK's "Guardian")?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2008, 03:03:22 PM »

You give liberals far too much credit, they're really not all that comical.
Republicans on the other hand, ...they're an absolute hoot!   ;D

See for yourself... what Liberal could ever possibly compete with such incredible comedy gold...

Republican Comedy Gold

If there was an Olympic Gold medal for comedic moments, ...the Republicans would win hands down.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2008, 03:05:42 PM »
Good for you!

Then, why are you talking about hypocrisy, in this case? If there were ANY opening for her to be hypocritical with regards to abortion, those two instance (her pregnancy with Trig and her daughter's out-of-wedlock pregnancy) would have been it.

it's simple - she's an advocate of removing all possiblity for choice so can't expect any credit when it's her turn to make that choice for herself.  

Good for Sarah Palin for not having an abortion.   I don't think it's an issue.

Too bad for Bristol Palin that her abstinence training failed.  That happens alot.  Too bad she wasn't smart enough to use a condom.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »
I agree.  I think it discourages good people from running for office.  This is probably why people like Powell and Rice don't want to run. 
And just what do either of those two wastes of space have to do with "good people?"

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2008, 04:27:46 PM »
it's simple - she's an advocate of removing all possiblity for choice so can't expect any credit when it's her turn to make that choice for herself.  

Good for Sarah Palin for not having an abortion.   I don't think it's an issue.

Too bad for Bristol Palin that her abstinence training failed.  That happens alot.  Too bad she wasn't smart enough to use a condom.

It's too bad Sarah Palin trumpets every moment that it was Bristol's choice to keep her baby,
...but can't see the hypocrisy of taking a position that supports choice for her own daughter, but no one else's
w

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2008, 04:30:22 PM »
It's too bad Sarah Palin trumpets every moment that it was Bristol's choice to keep her baby,
...but can't see the hypocrisy of taking a position that supports choice for her own daughter, but no one else's

What she can see that this isn't about "choice"; it's about the BABY.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2008, 06:04:42 PM »
yours certainly are.

You know I could slap you around all day, but I start to feel sorry for you sometimes.  :) 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2008, 06:05:35 PM »
And just what do either of those two wastes of space have to do with "good people?"

They're both great Americans.  I'd vote for a Powell/Rice ticket.   :) 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2008, 07:09:23 PM »
They're both great Americans.  I'd vote for a Powell/Rice ticket.   :) 
Of course you would.  Rice missed all the warnings for 9/11 and Powell disgraced himself by lying to the UN so the US could attack the wrong country.

Since you're a Bush fan, this would be your dream team ticket.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2008, 07:33:28 PM »
Of course you would.  Rice missed all the warnings for 9/11 and Powell disgraced himself by lying to the UN so the US could attack the wrong country.

Since you're a Bush fan, this would be your dream team ticket.

Only until Nov. After the election, he'll either be unemployed,  or horny for Obama / Biden, ...or both.
w

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2008, 08:44:21 PM »

No.
But he did stand there and lie about the affair, which to me is worse.

I’ve always believed that was the bigger issue with Wild Bill, and ultimately lead to the impeachment trial.
Hell, his approval rating went up when that whole mess (on the dress) started, which flagrantly proved that Americans love BJ’s.

So you cigar-fvcked an intern who “in turn” smoked your stogie, and you got caught.
Fine.
There are plenty of things far worse than that.

But when you’re the President of the United States, it’s not a great policy to lie about the incident, especially with so much incontrovertible evidence - i.e. squirting your DNA all over the other party’s dress.

Do it.
But don’t lie about it.
You’re the PRESIDENT for fvck’s sake.
That damages credibility.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2008, 08:57:01 PM »

That could be one of the best P'wnings of Rove I've ever seen...  What a fucking douchebag.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2008, 09:05:51 PM »

I just watched this, and this is pure comic gold.  ;D An utter roasting of the repubes, and I don't even care for John Stewart.
!