Author Topic: Republicans Lack Heart!  (Read 966 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Republicans Lack Heart!
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:26:48 PM »
Ann and Nancy Wilson are pissed at the Republican Party and have fired off a cease and desist letter to the McCain/Palin campaign.

Specifically, the Heart women are upset that the GOP has used their classic "Barracuda" as a theme song for Sarah Palin. TMZ obtained a statement from Heart's rep, who says "The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted that permission."

The statement goes on: "We have asked the Republican campaign publicly not to use our music. We hope our wishes will be honored."

We're told Ann was watching TV today and heard the song at the convention when Palin was touted.

UPDATE: Twenty minutes after we posted this story, the GOP ended the evening after McCain's speech with the song, "Barracuda."

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Republicans Lack Heart!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:29:01 PM »
If Heart can grab just 1% of the female vote for Obama, the election's his.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 12:32:07 PM »
if im not mistaken the same was done by an artist that obama used at the DNC...pointless and mindless drivel but what else should we expect from you

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 12:44:45 PM »
if im not mistaken the same was done by an artist that obama used at the DNC...pointless and mindless drivel but what else should we expect from you

which one?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 12:50:22 PM »
who

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 12:56:01 PM »
im sure ill hear the story again and i will make a note of it.

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 12:59:02 PM »
Ann and Nancy Wilson are pissed at the Republican Party and have fired off a cease and desist letter to the McCain/Palin campaign.

Specifically, the Heart women are upset that the GOP has used their classic "Barracuda" as a theme song for Sarah Palin. TMZ obtained a statement from Heart's rep, who says "The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted that permission."

The statement goes on: "We have asked the Republican campaign publicly not to use our music. We hope our wishes will be honored."

We're told Ann was watching TV today and heard the song at the convention when Palin was touted.

UPDATE: Twenty minutes after we posted this story, the GOP ended the evening after McCain's speech with the song, "Barracuda."

LOL!  They played it after the request to stop.......classic!  Actually, that shows a lot of heart and backbone.

Are there things, Rob?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 01:00:28 PM »
im sure ill hear the story again and i will make a note of it.

thanks.  Obama did use the country song that Dubya used in 04, but i didn't know he did it without permission.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »
thanks.  Obama did use the country song that Dubya used in 04, but i didn't know he did it without permission.
im not thinking thats the one they were talking about, when i heard the story you brought up i heard them say the DNC did the same thing only nothing was made of it or something like that.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 02:52:58 PM »
If the artist really doesn't want them to use the song, I think they shouldn't use it.  jmo

Lots of other songs from which to choose
R

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 03:01:33 PM »
I'd use it purely out of spite.  ;D

But that's just me.

Hereford

• Getbig V