Author Topic: Keith Olberman  (Read 1573 times)

The Coach

Keith Olberman
« on: September 05, 2008, 06:26:54 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Keith Olberman
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:22:19 AM »
when left attacks palin, it's because they're scared of her.

when you attack olbermann, it's because you're scared of him.

HTH.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 12:31:55 AM »
olbermann has ether'd the bush administration on a number of occasions. he provides a good amount of facts. I'd take olberman's liberal rants over levin's conservative bs any day.

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 07:46:55 AM »
when left attacks palin, it's because they're scared of her.

when you attack olbermann, it's because you're scared of him.

HTH.

He couldn't hold a rational debate with a two year old. Why would I be scared of someone who has an audiance of 5?

The Coach

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 07:48:12 AM »
olbermann has ether'd the bush administration on a number of occasions. he provides a good amount of facts. I'd take olberman's liberal rants over levin's conservative bs any day.

The difference is Levine backs his facts with the complete story. Shithead crops clips and calls it good.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 08:00:44 AM »
He couldn't hold a rational debate with a two year old. Why would I be scared of someone who has an audiance of 5?

Fox shows are confrontational and petty (much like the Republican Party).  Olberman definitely expressed an opinion but (IMO) is much more even handed and factual than anything on Fox.

regarding ratings - you were either making a weak joke or you're seriously misinformed (as would be expected of someone who get's his info from Fox and "Rash")

NEW YORK - June 10, 2008 - MSNBC continued its ratings surge last week, with viewers flocking out of the "No Spin Zone" and to "The Place for Politics." For the first time ever, MSNBC's "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" was the #1 show at 8 p.m., out-drawing Fox News's "O'Reilly Factor" head-to-head among Adults 25-54. This is the first time since June 2001 that MSNBC has out-rated "The O'Reilly Factor" at 8 p.m.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 08:00:52 AM »
I'll bet Rush would turn down a debate with Olbermann.

That's something we're missing these days.  I would like to see debates between guys like Rush and Olbermann.  I'd payperview for that shit.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
I'll bet Rush would turn down a debate with Olbermann.

That's something we're missing these days.  I would like to see debates between guys like Rush and Olbermann.  I'd payperview for that shit.
Guys like Rush don't do debates.  Unless they are preaching to the choir, they have no other utility.  The few times Rush left the insulation of his radio cage, screened callers and all, he's crashed like the HIndenburg.  Letterman made Limbaugh look like the total joke he is.

Republican politics since the days of Reagan has thrived on deception and suckering in the average voter..whether by race, sex, class warfare, patriotism or xenophobia.  Government for the benefit of a few and flag waving and bible thumping for everyone else.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 03:38:51 PM »
Fox shows are confrontational and petty (much like the Republican Party).  Olberman definitely expressed an opinion but (IMO) is much more even handed and factual than anything on Fox.

regarding ratings - you were either making a weak joke or you're seriously misinformed (as would be expected of someone who get's his info from Fox and "Rash")

NEW YORK - June 10, 2008 - MSNBC continued its ratings surge last week, with viewers flocking out of the "No Spin Zone" and to "The Place for Politics." For the first time ever, MSNBC's "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" was the #1 show at 8 p.m., out-drawing Fox News's "O'Reilly Factor" head-to-head among Adults 25-54. This is the first time since June 2001 that MSNBC has out-rated "The O'Reilly Factor" at 8 p.m.

No wonder Olbermann is always obsessing and ranting about O'Reilly. If I were getting my behind beat in the ratings for SEVEN YEARS STRAIGHT, I'd be grumpy, too.

;D

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 03:49:36 PM »
No wonder Olbermann is always obsessing and ranting about O'Reilly. If I were getting my behind beat in the ratings for SEVEN YEARS STRAIGHT, I'd be grumpy, too.

;D
And Slim Whitman has sold more records than Elvis and the Beatles combined.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 04:18:25 PM »
Poor Kieth couldn't hack ESPN now he is a bottom rung opinionist on a unwatched cable channel that is bankrupting itself.  MSNBC is like Air America...it pays the advertisers.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »
And Slim Whitman has sold more records than Elvis and the Beatles combined.

Hey, I'm just reading what Straw Man posted.

He highlighted the fact that, after seven straight years of beatings (June 2001 -June 2008), Olbermann FINALLY got over O'Reilly show during the 8 p.m. slot.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 04:34:36 PM »

He highlighted the fact that, after seven straight years of beatings (June 2001 -June 2008), Olbermann FINALLY got over O'Reilly show during the 8 p.m. slot.

I dount that very much where is the proof (i know its the repeat hour for O'rielly but still).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 04:38:36 PM »
I dount that very much where is the proof (i know its the repeat hour for O'rielly but still).

O'Reilly comes on the East coast at 8 p.m. (EST) and replays again at 11 p.m.

In any event, breaking a 7-year losing streak is hardly ticker-tape parade material.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 04:42:44 PM »
Republican politics since the days of Reagan has thrived on deception and suckering in the average voter..whether by race, sex, class warfare, patriotism or xenophobia.  Government for the benefit of a few and flag waving and bible thumping for everyone else.

quoted for truth.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 05:28:13 PM »
Guys like Rush don't do debates.  Unless they are preaching to the choir, they have no other utility.  The few times Rush left the insulation of his radio cage, screened callers and all, he's crashed like the HIndenburg.  Letterman made Limbaugh look like the total joke he is.

I thought it thrived on beating on whiny Democrats, who have more excuses than a guy going to jail, every time they get beat.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 07:12:24 PM »
I thought it thrived on beating on whiny Democrats, who have more excuses than a guy going to jail, every time they get beat.

Yeah, but you'd be wrong then.  Republicans since the time of Reagan have used gov. to enrich themselves and cronies.  Cheney, Bush, Rumsfeld, Bush, and all their underlings are career politicians that exploit their gov. connections for profit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 03:55:43 PM »

no you read the quote but you still got it wrong.  It was the first time in 7 years that MSNBC out-rated O'Reilly on Fox.  Olberman has only been on the air for ~ 5 years.   I'd say 5 years from nowhere to beating O'Reily is pretty good.

For the first time ever, MSNBC's "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" was the #1 show at 8 p.m., out-drawing Fox News's "O'Reilly Factor" head-to-head among Adults 25-54. This is the first time since June 2001 that MSNBC has out-rated "The O'Reilly Factor" at 8 p.m.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 04:11:23 PM »
Once!
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 04:17:01 PM »
Once!

the only ones that should care are O'Reily,Olberman and their advertisers.

I'm sure viewers couldn't care less.  I know I don't.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 05:27:45 PM »

owned yourself. lol

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 05:31:15 PM »
O'Reilly comes on the East coast at 8 p.m. (EST) and replays again at 11 p.m.

In any event, breaking a 7-year losing streak is hardly ticker-tape parade material.

True, but WCW beat WWF for like 2 years  once... And we see who's still in business today.

Eventually, it will all really come out... Will O'Reilly stay top dog?

Only time will tell.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 06:39:19 PM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 08:15:43 PM »
True, but WCW beat WWF for like 2 years  once... And we see who's still in business today.

Prior to those two years, the then-WWF dominated WCW/NWA for the better part of a decade. So, I don't think that's the best comparison.

Eventually, it will all really come out... Will O'Reilly stay top dog?

Only time will tell.

I'll put my money on O'Reilly.