Author Topic: No Questions: Palin Won't Talk To The Press  (Read 1481 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
No Questions: Palin Won't Talk To The Press
« on: September 06, 2008, 05:04:02 PM »

A John McCain campaign aide tells Jay Carney that she sees no reason why Sarah Palin should have to answer reporters' queries:

According to Nicole Wallace of the McCain campaign, the American people don't care whether Sarah Palin can answer specific questions about foreign and domestic policy. According to Wallace -- in an appearance I did with her this morning on Joe Scarborough's show -- the American people will learn all they need to know (and all they deserve to know) from Palin's scripted speeches and choreographed appearances on the campaign trail and in campaign ads.

Watch the exchange:

Newsweek's Jonathan Alter predicts how this strategy will play out:

I'd imagine that Palin will dodge press conferences in favor of interviews with people like Sean Hannity, Larry King and Ellen DeGeneres. Then, when the media complain that she is being kept away, the McCain campaign will cite the half dozen or so interviews she has granted as proof that the campaign press is just bellyaching. Brief press "avails" on the plane will be useless, unless reporters ask open-ended queries designed to elicit proof of real knowledge.

That should get Palin through the next three weeks. By the end of the month, the McCain camp can say she has to go to ground to prepare for the Oct. 2 vice presidential debate, where expectations will be so low for Palin that she will likely emerge intact. It will be up to the press and public to raise enough of a stink about this, that Palin is forced to submit to real interviews with real questions that show whether her real-life experience is any preparation for assuming high office. In that sense, the Palin nomination is as much of a test of us as it is of her.

And Marc Ambinder suggests they can get away with it:

What harm would befall the McCain campaign if Palin sat for one major television interivew with, say, a gentle but probing Diane Sawyer... and then an interview with her local paper in Alaska... and then gave no press avails and held no press conferences. The media would complain a lot. Would people care?

!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: No Questions: Palin Won't Talk To The Press
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 12:12:57 AM »
Even pat buchanan admits at 58% approval rating (higher than obama or mccain), it's the highest TODAY that it'll ever be.  It can only go down, and as with every other person in these races - including the messiah obama - it goes down with more and more exposure.

So, they're going to expose her very little, to keep it from moving down very little.

Pat Buchanan is a republican lifer and former white house man.  If you believe "no, it's high and can only go higher, pat's wrong".... well, then you're a dumb shit. 

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 12:57:07 AM »
LOL.  Perhaps she is a bit busy and more concerned with talking to her partner John McCain. 

Only an idiot would think this woman is afraid to talk to the press, she will and she will do great.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 02:59:16 AM »
Even pat buchanan admits at 58% approval rating (higher than obama or mccain), it's the highest TODAY that it'll ever be.  It can only go down, and as with every other person in these races - including the messiah obama - it goes down with more and more exposure.

So, they're going to expose her very little, to keep it from moving down very little.

Pat Buchanan is a republican lifer and former white house man.  If you believe "no, it's high and can only go higher, pat's wrong".... well, then you're a dumb shit. 
Keep that "messiah Obama" stuff to yourself, you sacrilegious jerk.  >:(
!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 06:56:48 AM »
She'll have to eventually but with the way they have treated her so far, its no surprise.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 07:38:16 AM »
Keep that "messiah Obama" stuff to yourself, you sacrilegious jerk.  >:(

just poking a little fun at him!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 08:36:19 AM »
just poking a little fun at him!
Now that's a funny pic!  ;D

The "messiah" stuff...not so much. It especially should never come from the mouths of Christian Republicans.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 08:57:47 AM »
yeah there's a huge clut following of superman obama pics.  i haven't yet found what mccain's cult pics are.  palin should have some good ones too.  biden is a little boring.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 09:01:21 AM »

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 09:04:32 AM »
I don't like that one AT ALL, 240. That's bullshit.  >:(
!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 10:28:53 AM »

240 I've said this also with Obama, but you have different gradients of how it will go down and why it will go down.

Sarah, came on to the scene much later, not much press, and has said everything that her base has wanted to hear. Obama, has been on the scene a long time people are tired of him, and he keeps making flip flops of things he regrets saying such as the Saddleback abortion question.

I don't think she is going to fade, rather this makes Obama fade much more faster, and he is going to continue pulling for straws!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 12:13:01 PM »
Have you guys seen the Obama baby on youtube.  F'n hillarious, definitely worth a look.

"Ok hunny, say Hillary"
"Obammmma!!!"

&feature=related

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 01:26:13 PM »

I like it. 

The Messiah is an empty suit. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 01:45:03 PM »
I don't like that one AT ALL, 240. That's bullshit.  >:(

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......oba messiah is that better u wuss.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 03:07:27 PM »
ALBEQUERQUE, N.M. — Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin plans to sit down later this week for her first television interview since John McCain chose her as his running mate more than a week ago.

The first-term Alaska governor has given speeches, alongside McCain and at the Republican National Convention, since McCain introduced her as his surprise vice presidential pick on Aug. 29.

McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said Sunday that Palin would be made available “when we think it’s time and when she feels comfortable doing it.”

Later, a McCain-Palin adviser said Sunday that an interview was offered several days ago to Charles Gibson of ABC News. The adviser spoke on condition of anonymity because an official announcement had not been made.

The adviser said the interview was expected to take place later this week in Alaska. Palin is expected to return to her state at midweek after more joint appearances with McCain.

An ABC News spokeswoman said the network had no comment.

McCain, who appeared on CBS’ “Face the Nation,” said he expected Palin to start doing interviews “in the next few days.”

I guess this makes u, oh what's the word, WRONG!!!!!
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 03:10:22 PM »
I guess this makes u, oh what's the word, WRONG!!!!!

Actually, it makes the mccain campaign adviser wrong.

A John McCain campaign aide tells Jay Carney that she sees no reason why Sarah Palin should have to answer reporters' queries:

thank you for poiting out the ignorance of his mccain employee.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 03:49:11 PM »
No Benny the douche reported it like it was fact and that Pallin would crawl into a box and never talk to the media. Because he has zero clue how things work I guess I could see him somehow believing that. I mean the guy is voting for Obama.
L