Author Topic: Chuck BRUTALLY KTFO AGAIN.  (Read 7119 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Chuck BRUTALLY KTFO AGAIN.
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 12:05:11 PM »
He also caught him directly on the chin, which any fighter knows is bad news even with someone with moderate punching power.  Rashad put his whole body into that punch.  Hats off to him.
Exactly, Chuck's long lanky punches have a lot of power but are not fast. 

Great post ! my brother doesn't like Rashad so he said it was a lucky punch lol I said nonsense that was a clean fast punch that landed right where he placed it no luck involved , Chuck seems on a down slope as of late even with his win over a past his prime Silva , I guess Rashad's arrogance turns people off but he's talking trash and he backed it up so props to him

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 12:58:02 PM »
Pretty fun watching it at Hooters and hearing the idiots remarks outloud, especialy dumb drunk whores. Rashad was oviously the shorter smaller man and he was ducking and weaving and trying to get chucks timing, and when he knocked him out they were all crying that he was running and just got lucky, although chuck was looking good as normal he wasent really dominating or hurting rashad much. Simply put Rashad out boxed him, didnt even have to use his wrestling. chucks long looping punches have a lot of power and range, but they also take a while, and rashad timed him capitalized with superior speed. btw chucks never been knocked on his face to sleep like that, even after quinton he was fine in seconds, so imo i dont think he's done just got caught by a man who now posses awsome mma boxing skills.

i don;t agree watching again..rashad ran his mouth saying he would stand with chuck but he DID run ...this forced chuck to chase him to push the fight so he wouldn;t get outscored like he did against jardine which was bad for chuck..he is a counter puncher..rashads plan was to run get chuck to chase and get against the cage and let one fly..the punch was somewhat of a lucky punch because rashad threw it while looking down..watch the replay. i am still not all that impressed with evans. i don;t see him getting the title anytime soon.
irongearco.com

ezweight

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 01:20:31 PM »
You're right, chuck IS a counter puncher.  Thats his game plan.  Every fighter tries to get the other fighter to abandon their game plan, and the way to do it vs. chuck is to make him come to you.  Rampage did it, rashad did it, and they both KTFO'd chuck.  Rashad wasn't "running".  He was only pulling chuck outta his plan and imposing his own plan.  Thats called smart fighting.  Machida runs, not rashad.  Notice how rashad stayed at the cage when he got there?  That was his plan, he didn't run away from the cage at all.

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 01:57:21 PM »

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 02:48:26 PM »
You're right, chuck IS a counter puncher.  Thats his game plan.  Every fighter tries to get the other fighter to abandon their game plan, and the way to do it vs. chuck is to make him come to you.  Rampage did it, rashad did it, and they both KTFO'd chuck.  Rashad wasn't "running".  He was only pulling chuck outta his plan and imposing his own plan.  Thats called smart fighting.  Machida runs, not rashad.  Notice how rashad stayed at the cage when he got there?  That was his plan, he didn't run away from the cage at all.

watch the replay..he was running in a circular movement the whole fight. hey he won though..just don't see him going anywhere in that divison
irongearco.com

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 03:12:41 PM »
He was running around the cage, but when he would end up against the cage he stood and traded, being small he would be stupid to try and throw with chuck anytime anywhere in the cage. No one ever complains about chuck running but look at the randy fights he runs his ass off and he attacks when he thinks hes got his opponent hurt, well he probrably thought rashad was hurt when he had him up against the cage and decided to start trading and got cliped. the punch was blind but rashad looked right before throwing it with all he had and landed on the button.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 03:13:22 PM »
He was running around the cage, but when he would end up against the cage he stood and traded, being small he would be stupid to try and throw with chuck anytime anywhere in the cage. No one ever complains about chuck running but look at the randy fights he runs his ass off and he attacks when he thinks hes got his opponent hurt, well he probrably thought rashad was hurt when he had him up against the cage and decided to start trading and got cliped. the punch was blind but rashad looked right before throwing it with all he had and landed on the button.
chuck is small too, Rashad won the fight, get over it.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »

Dorian won the Olympia and Nasser didn't get over it  ;)

RC Money

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 03:27:11 PM »
I know Rashad won, i am defending that point to those that say he got lucky, read.
chuck is small in bb terms as far as muscular development. but for a 205 poiund fighter he is big and tall and probly weighs 215 - 220 on fight night rashad is strong but could cut to 85. thats being big in combat sports.

RC Money

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 03:29:42 PM »
Dorian won the Olympia and Nasser didn't get over it  ;)
Good point  ;D

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »
Chuck won the first round, he should have been patient and just done enough to win the second instead of trying to entertain, that would have forced Rashad to come to him in the third where Chuck could have countered, which is his main strength, offensively his style is way to open and he lacks the speed to get in and out, that exchange was a bit of a lottery though, but Chuck had his chin up, so props to Rashad.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »
I know Rashad won, i am defending that point to those that say he got lucky, read.
chuck is small in bb terms as far as muscular development. but for a 205 poiund fighter he is big and tall and probly weighs 215 - 220 on fight night rashad is strong but could cut to 85. thats being big in combat sports.

Go on over to the MMA board dude
Always room for fresh input

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2008, 10:44:37 PM »
Chuck won the first round, he should have been patient and just done enough to win the second instead of trying to entertain, that would have forced Rashad to come to him in the third where Chuck could have countered, which is his main strength, offensively his style is way to open and he lacks the speed to get in and out, that exchange was a bit of a lottery though, but Chuck had his chin up, so props to Rashad.

Lucky punch. that's all it was, of course based on Chucks mistake ...he really fucked up when he tried that uppercut from that distance. He should have been a little closer to Rashad...I really think Rashad will be the next " Rampage" for The Axe Murderer.. ;D
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2008, 11:53:05 PM »
 My bad. Sorry.
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 12:00:01 AM »

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 12:24:38 AM »
Lets see.....

Flat footed.

Hands down by the waist to prevent the shot.

Doesn't protect the lead leg from cut kicks.

Leaves his chin up like he is about to sprawl, and takes away the reach advantage by throwing lead hand hooks.

Anything I missed.  

Chuck is tailor made for someone who will stand in the pocket, with a tight, orthodox boxing structure and trade.  He left his chin out, he got caught.  Wasn't the first time, won't be the last.  He is too old to change.  If he isn't fighting a grappler who wishes to take him down, his striking is exposed.  He does have power in both hands moving backwards, but he was chasing Rashad.  His bad.  

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 03:40:49 AM »
Lucky punch. that's all it was, of course based on Chucks mistake ...he really fucked up when he tried that uppercut from that distance. He should have been a little closer to Rashad...I really think Rashad will be the next " Rampage" for The Axe Murderer.. ;D
Wanderlei is past his prime. Next up for Rashad is a title shot with Forrest.
!

RC Money

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 09:18:15 AM »
I love MMA, but the
getbig MMA board is horrible.
Dont go there.
nothing bad to say about our mma section, but i get my bb at a bb forum and my mma at an mma forum.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 10:53:12 AM »
Wanderlei is past his prime. Next up for Rashad is a title shot with Forrest.
Most likely, but he looked pretty good versus Jardine.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 11:01:58 AM »
I can't stand that cocky negro Rashad Evans.    I hope someobody KO's him bigtime.  

but dude is humble

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 12:08:30 PM »
Chuck is tailor made for someone who will stand in the pocket, with a tight, orthodox boxing structure and trade. He left his chin out, he got caught.  Wasn't the first time, won't be the last.  He is too old to change.  If he isn't fighting a grappler who wishes to take him down, his striking is exposed.  He does have power in both hands moving backwards, but he was chasing Rashad.  His bad.  

spot on here.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 12:38:25 PM »
Chucks worst fight.

All he did was load up for the right hand.

He did NOTHING else.

He could have won this fight had he started using some leg kicks early.

Horrible fight, chuck is done.

Congrats to Rashad, he deserved this win.

8)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 02:38:23 PM »
Chucks worst fight.

All he did was load up for the right hand.

He did NOTHING else.

He could have won this fight had he started using some leg kicks early.

Horrible fight, chuck is done.

Congrats to Rashad, he deserved this win.

8)

What fight does Chuck not load up the right hand.  He hasn't changed all that much from his early fights.  Pele, even though he lost, gave him fits and put him on queer street.  And Chuck couldn't KO him.  Likewise with his fight with Murillo.  IDK what the judges were watching, but I thought Murillo pushed the pace, and was attempting to be offensive.  He definitely got jobbed here.  Chuck is a great fighter when fighting someone who will attempt to take the fight to the ground.  He can back up and counter punch throwing loopey lead hand hooks and that devastating right.  Thats why Mezger, Overeem had him queasy on his feet.  And that is why Rampage beat the snot out of him in both fights.  All of these guys stood in front of him, used nice tight structures for defense, and were willing to throw straight punches to Chucks loopey punches. 

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2008, 10:50:03 PM »
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2008, 11:37:20 PM »
BTW - Rashad has been using Dr. Scott Connelly's new protein (Progenex).  You can listen to a recent Rashad interview on www.prommaradio.com and learn about Progenex at www.progenexsrg.com

:)
w