Author Topic: THAT HIT ON TOM BRADY'S KNEE DID NOT LOOK GOOD!!!  (Read 9344 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
THAT HIT ON TOM BRADY'S KNEE DID NOT LOOK GOOD!!!
« on: September 07, 2008, 10:39:45 AM »
The New England faithful are holding their collective breath........

I am not gloating about this by any stretch of the imagination. I do not like to see injuries happen and this was tough to watch. I really hope it's nothing serious.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: THAT HIT ON TOM BRADY'S KNEE DID NOT LOOK GOOD!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 01:26:26 PM »
That looked deliberate to me. I'm sure the NFL tells players all the time not to go for the knees, but the penalties aren't sufficient to disuade some morons.

The NFL has to revise it's rules on shots like this as well as rules on pass interference. On a play like this, the defensive player should lose the entire season or the same number of games as the player injured at the least.

body88

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 01:27:07 PM »
The New England faithful are holding their collective breath........

I am not gloating about this by any stretch of the imagination. I do not like to see injuries happen and this was tough to watch. I really hope it's nothing serious.

What a shitty start to the season! They got the win, and that's great, but I hope Brady will be ok. I saw the hit up close, and it looks like sprained ligaments to me. He walked off the field pretty much under his own power....so thats positive. Given the pats schedule, if Brady has to miss 4 weeks (including the week four bye), I don't see them losing to much. They can beat both the Jets in the Phins with Cassel, and even if they lost one of those two games, Brady could come back week five 2-1. Thats IF it's only a sprained knee. Without Brady the pats will make the playoffs, but there is no way they will go past the first round.

The positives:
Defense looks great. Seymour is finally healthy, and I don't see a better DLine in the NFL than Wilfok, Warren and Seymour
The pats had a great Draft. Wilhite, Wheatley and Mayo looked great
Pats running game is going to be very potent this year
Cassel did what he is supposed to do.

Negatives:
Oline blocked very poorly at times, but looked all-pro at times. I think when Neal comes back they will be way more consitant on the left side. Mankins, Light and Koppen are all-pro's, but Nick K sucks.
Brady got hurt
Fumbles by Moss and Welker
poor play calling from Mcdaniels at times
I thought the pats putting Crable on the inactive list was a mistake

I hope Brady is ok. I would never wish injury on any player, and I was looking forward to see the season unfold with one of the best players to ever live.

body88

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 01:29:24 PM »
That looked deliberate to me.

The NFL has to revise it's rules on shots like this as well as rules on pass interference. On a play like this, the defensive player should lose the entire season or the same number of games as the player injured at the least.

I didn't want to go there, but I agree. That lb was on the ground and crawled up on Brady's knee. He made the hit on Brady after he released the ball, and he had no chance to stop the play. It looked like they where trying to hit him in the knee that was bothering him from last season. Thats football though, and if he comes back, he will be back with a hair across his ass to light it up.

Wilfork did some dirty shit last year, so I am not going to bitch about what happened, thats life in the NFL.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 01:30:56 PM »
That ASS should be out for the season for that hit, period if the NFL wants to stop it. Most players would agree with that, as it's a potentially career-ending injury for some.

IMO *All* NFL QBs should be wearing knee braces, even if it hinders mobility. There are too many opportunities for these types of injuries, doesn't take much. Hopefully it's only a deep bruise or something like that vs. a Carson Palmer injury, which happened about the same way.

body88

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 01:33:04 PM »
That ASS should be out for the season for that hit, period if the NFL wants to stop it. Most players would agree with that, as it's a potentially career-ending injury for some.

IMO *All* NFL QBs should be wearing knee braces, even if it hinders mobility. There are too many opportunities for these types of injuries, doesn't take much. Hopefully it's only a deep bruise or something like that vs. a Carson Palmer injury, which happened about the same way.

Thats what I was thinking..... Sadly, it does look alot like what happened to Palmer, and if thats the case, he is done for the year.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 01:36:05 PM »
Thats what I was thinking..... Sadly, it does look alot like what happened to Palmer, and if thats the case, he is done for the year.

Depends on the severity of the impact, and Brady's knee. Hopefully it'll be one of those 6 week things.

Knee braces have to be mandatory for QBs, it's too easy for someone 300 lb. + 30 lb. of equipment to do serious damage to someone just standing there.

body88

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 01:39:06 PM »
Depends on the severity of the impact, and Brady's knee. Hopefully it'll be one of those 6 week things.

I saw the hit up close, and it looked like he was able to offset some of the torque from his left ligament, to his hips. He walked off under his own power, and seemed to have control of his movements. I don't think its a terrible thing if he comes back week five. His foot was bothering him, and he was rumored to have a bone bruise during the pre-season. I think the pats can stay .500 until he returns, and start week five 2-1 at the worst.

Then again you never know....Bill was joking about what happened in the post-game press conference( joking that none of the reporters might have some intrest in what happened to Tom), but you can never tell with these things. Realistically the pats are a 9 - 7 to 10 - 6 (at best) team without Brady.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 01:42:44 PM »
I LOVE IT ;D ;D ;D

E
E

body88

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 01:46:32 PM »
I LOVE IT ;D ;D ;D

E

Why would you be happy to see Brady get hurt? Real fans don't gloat when great players are injured. I know I wouldn't laugh if big Ben was injured. Sour grapes is what I think off when people gloat about HOF players going down.

The hate for Brady comes from his skill, because he is always respectfull of his opponents, and is good friends with many players from rival teams....including Manning.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 01:48:47 PM »
Why would you be happy to see Brady get hurt? Real fans don't gloat when great players are injured. I know I wouldent love if big Ben was injured. Sour grapes is what I think off when people gloat about HOF players going down.

i'm happy because i'm tired of seeing him kick my teams ass

hell yeah i have sour grapes :)

every teams chances have gotten a whole lot better if he's out for awhile 8)

E
E

body88

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 01:53:54 PM »

E

Thats true.... I thought you where mocking Brady getting injured. I wonder if this injury will end his season. It will be really weird to see another QB running this team.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 01:58:32 PM »

E

Earl, that's a very short-minded thing to say. You should never admit to being happy about an NFL player getting injured.

Just joking...I really hope it's nothing serious for Brady. I hate seeing injuries happen to any NFL player.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 02:20:03 PM »
Sucks for Pats fans (and anyone who took Brady in the first in their FF leagues).  Hope he is okay. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 02:32:57 PM »
Thats true.... I thought you where mocking Brady getting injured. I wonder if this injury will end his season. It will be really weird to see another QB running this team.

you probably thought the same when bledsoe went down

E
E

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 02:45:21 PM »
I LOVE IT ;D ;D ;D

E

You're a simpleton. Career-threatening injuries no one deserves, outside of guys like Warren Sapp that remind me of your attitude.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 02:50:39 PM »
Watching Bill joke around was weird and hopefully a good sign. They are playing the Jets next week so expect a full on psyop campaign worthy of our best efforts in Iraq. We'll hear everything from he died of wounds to amputation....none of which any loyal Pats fans will be able to draw conclusions from. It won't stop me from trolling the  Pats forums for news and rumors from "some guy who heard from his cousin who saw Brady put into a body bag" etc but we won't know anything until the injury report comes out on Friday.
L

body88

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 03:53:40 PM »
you probably thought the same when bledsoe went down

E

I did.... But Brady is one of the greatest qb's ever, Bledsoe was good, but not great.

body88

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 03:54:38 PM »
Watching Bill joke around was weird and hopefully a good sign. They are playing the Jets next week so expect a full on psyop campaign worthy of our best efforts in Iraq. We'll hear everything from he died of wounds to amputation....none of which any loyal Pats fans will be able to draw conclusions from. It won't stop me from trolling the  Pats forums for news and rumors from "some guy who heard from his cousin who saw Brady put into a body bag" etc but we won't know anything until the injury report comes out on Friday.

I heard it was a pcl. Shit man, with the way Belichick handles inside information, we never see Brady again.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 04:19:45 PM »
Speak on it. Ignoring reality will ensure that thugs like this will be rewarded.

Randy Moss on 'dirty' play

Various Patriots players were asked their thoughts on the hit that knocked Tom Brady out of today’s game. Receiver Randy Moss was the most outspoken about the play:

“I don’t really want to get into it, but me personally, I think it was dirty,” he said.

“Like I said, I didn’t really see anything; I was running down the field. When I came back in [and watched it], it looked dirty to me. I’ve never been a dirty player. I honestly don’t even know how to play dirty. I just play the game. Any time you see something like that, that looks foul, it looks dirty, it opens your eyes. So, me personally, it looked dirty.”

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 04:22:12 PM »
Out for the year if this is accurate. That guy should be out of the league for the season. I like the new commissioner, he might do something more appropriate.

So far we had heard absolutely nothing about the severity, but Tom Curran of NBC Sports says that one NY Jets player told him that it’s a torn ACL.

“Everybody I talked to said it’s a torn ACL,” said the Jets player. “Players AND coaches. When we came in here that’s what people were saying, ‘Brady’s got a torn ACL.’ ”

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 05:45:45 PM »
You're a simpleton. Career-threatening injuries no one deserves, outside of guys like Warren Sapp that remind me of your attitude.

you're a simpleton for not realizing the chances of your team going all the way have greatly increased

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 05:47:10 PM »
Not official yet but there are several reports that say Brady has a torn ACL.

Think Matt Cassel is ready for the big time?

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 05:49:34 PM »
according to yahoo.com, he's done for the year.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 06:00:55 PM »
Body88?

Waiting on your 'state of the union' address??