Author Topic: THAT HIT ON TOM BRADY'S KNEE DID NOT LOOK GOOD!!!  (Read 9341 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: THAT HIT ON TOM BRADY'S KNEE DID NOT LOOK GOOD!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2008, 03:06:21 PM »
I agree with this. 

NFL: Pollard hit is legal

Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff September 8, 2008 02:33 PM

The NFL's officiating department has reviewed the Bernard Pollard hit that injured the left knee of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, and has deemed it within the rules.

NFL rules state that "no defensive player who has an unrestricted path to the quarterback may hit him flagrantly in the area of the knee(s) or below when approaching in any direction".

But the Pollard hit was deemed legal because "the defensive player was coming off and affected by a block by the offense", according to a league spokesman.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/09/nfl_pollard_hit.html

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2008, 03:55:59 PM »
Thanks for the link.  That wasn't a hit.  The guy was blocked into the ground then grabbed Brady's legs.  I wouldn't call that a dirty play. 

LOL you agree with a thug who of course is going to say this. You probably believed George Atkinson too.

Question: After reviewing the play (of Tom Brady’s knee injury), do you think the play was dirty?

Belichick: "It doesn’t really matter what I think. The officials officate the game. I am sure they will handle it. We have always taught our players that it is their responsibility to hit the quarterback above the knees and below the shoulders."

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »
Anyone got any suggestions for good QB's that aren't probably on a 12 team roster?    (My other QB is Jeff Garcia)

:-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »
LOL you agree with a thug who of course is going to say this. You probably believed George Atkinson too.

Question: After reviewing the play (of Tom Brady’s knee injury), do you think the play was dirty?

Belichick: "It doesn’t really matter what I think. The officials officate the game. I am sure they will handle it. We have always taught our players that it is their responsibility to hit the quarterback above the knees and below the shoulders."

I agree with the NFL's officiating department. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2008, 04:12:53 PM »
I agree with the NFL's officiating department. 

Complete lack of imagination. Were you ever a serious athlete? Anyone who has been would know that the guy had time to adjust his tragectory, but didn't. In fact he aimed for where he hit him.

Interesting how some want to be politically correct and say nothing, on a board where it doesn't matter.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2008, 04:13:02 PM »
Anyone got any suggestions for good QB's that aren't probably on a 12 team roster?    (My other QB is Jeff Garcia)

:-\

I'd grab Cassel.  He still has Moss and Welker and a well coached team.  

Pennington should be available.  What other QBs are FAs?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2008, 04:15:52 PM »
Complete lack of imagination. Were you ever a serious athlete? Anyone who has been would know that the guy had time to adjust his tragectory, but didn't.

Me a "serious athlete"?  Depends on who you talk to.  :)

What kind of imagination do you need to look at a clip, reach a conclusion, then have your conclusion affirmed by the people who make and interpret the rules? 

The guy was on the ground.  It wasn't a hit.  How can you "adjust tragectory" when you're on the ground?  Didn't look like he could.  He was blocked into the ground.  That's why the league office said the play was legal.     

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2008, 04:16:56 PM »
Me a "serious athlete"?  Depends on who you talk to.  :)

What kind of imagination do you need to look at a clip, reach a conclusion, then have your conclusion affirmed by the people who make and interpret the rules? 

The guy was on the ground.  It wasn't a hit.  How can you "adjust tragectory" when you're on the ground?  Didn't look like he could.  He was blocked into the ground.  That's why the league office said the play was legal.     

That you're clueless is no revelation, you alway believe that Kobe's a good team player and that the Colts had no shot the year they won it all. LOL

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2008, 04:18:00 PM »

I'll check in a bit when i get home.  But Cassel should be available, unless a team who lost this weekend grabs him.  I still scored 70+ points, that's with Turner having the game of his life vs the lions and the Bills stuffing the Seahawks

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2008, 04:26:56 PM »

That you're clueless is no revelation, you alway believe that Kobe's a good team player and that the Colts had no shot the year they won it all. LOL

LOL.  Who holds the distinction of saying Tiger is erratic and overrated?   :)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2008, 04:44:19 PM »
Spygate karma.  True story.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2008, 04:51:22 PM »

My friend who's an avid Pats fan said this, but also said it was also related to hanging a banner celebrating a 16-0 regular season in a year they llost the SuperBowl.
Y

body88

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2008, 05:21:43 PM »

Sour grapes. Brady is a good person, and most players in the NFL like him.

body88

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2008, 05:22:49 PM »
My friend who's an avid Pats fan said this, but also said it was also related to hanging a banner celebrating a 16-0 regular season in a year they llost the SuperBowl.

Are you saying that going 16-0 in todays NFL is not an accomplishment worth celebrating? Also, why do people care that they hung a banner? I think it was done for the players, who worked so hard, and know how hard it is to win 16 games in a row. Every year someone is an AFC champion, there has never been a undefeated 16 game NFL football team.

Yes the pats lost the superbowl, but they have the right to remember something no one else has done,imo.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2008, 05:30:03 PM »

Yeah,  I'll go for Cassel Pennington Edwards and then Ryan in that order.   Or do you think Pennington is a better choice over Cassel?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2008, 05:36:09 PM »

As a guy who has routinely made fun of the Colts AFC championship participation banners...yes..maybe something less visible.
L

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2008, 05:41:20 PM »
Yeah,  I'll go for Cassel Pennington Edwards and then Ryan in that order.   Or do you think Pennington is a better choice over Cassel?

why not alex smith?

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2008, 06:02:38 PM »
Are you saying that going 16-0 in todays NFL is not an accomplishment worth celebrating? Also, why do people care that they hung a banner? I think it was done for the players, who worked so hard, and know how hard it is to win 16 games in a row. Every year someone is an AFC champion, there has never been a undefeated 16 game NFL football team.

Yes the pats lost the superbowl, but they have the right to remember something no one else has done,imo.

No, I'm not saying that - my friend is.

It's an incredible accomplishment, which should be noted, it just seems empty to me after what they've done.  A football season is about winning the Superbowl.  The Patriots are about winning Superbowls, and should define themselves as such.  I thought the fact they got rings for it was ridiculous.  If I were a player, I wouldn't wear it had I had SB rings to wear instead.

When the Yankees won more regular season games than anyone in '98 it would have been worthless had they not finished off the season with a WS win.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2008, 06:53:08 PM »

Pennington is a good QB when healthy, but I don't like his supporting cast.  Cassel is an unknown, but I'd take a gamble on him with their staff, Moss, etc.  I think Miami is really going to struggle on O.  Do you have room for both?  Who is your QB2? 

Personally, I'd avoid the rookie (Ryan), because rookies almost always struggle.   

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2008, 07:57:57 PM »
Sour grapes. Brady is a good person, and most players in the NFL like him.

I have no problem with tom brady, i think he's a great guy and a a great player.  This is karma against the patriots organization for the past in my opinion.  Its up to you to decide if you believe in karma. 

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2008, 08:07:22 PM »
Its Bill B's fault for taking Brady off the injured list...Brady has been on that thing for a few years now every single game...Always listed as "probable"...That game was the first game he was not listed...Never should have changed a good thing...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2008, 08:13:54 PM »
Pennington is a good QB when healthy, but I don't like his supporting cast.  Cassel is an unknown, but I'd take a gamble on him with their staff, Moss, etc.  I think Miami is really going to struggle on O.  Do you have room for both?  Who is your QB2? 

Personally, I'd avoid the rookie (Ryan), because rookies almost always struggle.   

Jeff Garcia is my back up.

Your reasoning makes sense.  I'll go for Cassel and hope no one wants him that's has a losing record.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2008, 11:57:28 PM »
body, HH6 and other patriots fans, sorry to see this happened to Brady.  Not ever cool to see this kind of thing happen to any player/team.  Hope your team steps up in a bad spot, I sure they will.  He'll be back next year.  Then we'll see them get their asses kicked royal ;D 

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2008, 06:34:17 AM »
   They can hire Peyton Manning.....ok that aint funny.  :-X  HH6 would kill himself.

sorry to see TB get hurt. Hope he makes a full recovery.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2008, 08:32:48 AM »
Honestly...and I guess after axe murdering my neighbors and burning some  villages, I've come to realize that i might enjoy this season. There are no expectations. I had come to expect them to win every game. i expected almost every pass to be perfect, the defense to stop everybody. Its not healthy. Now we have some ambiguity. I have no idea how Cassel will play or how the defense will step up.
L