Author Topic: McCain: I Will Appoint Democrats to My Cabinet  (Read 830 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
McCain: I Will Appoint Democrats to My Cabinet
« on: September 07, 2008, 01:55:24 PM »
McCain: I Will Appoint Democrats to My Cabinet
by FOXNews.com
Sunday, September 7, 2008

Republican John McCain said Sunday if he’s elected president, he will appoint Democrats to his Cabinet.

Arguing Americans’ distrust of government doesn’t break down by party, McCain said he wants the best people to tackle the nation’s toughest problems regardless of partisanship. He continued to build on his nomination acceptance speech last week in which he faulted Democrats as well as Republicans for losing their way in Washington.

“When we do all the town hall meetings and people, say I’ve lost all trust and confidence in government, they don’t say, I’ve lost confidence in Republicans, Democrats. They’ve lost confidence in everybody. The way you restore it is obviously to have a very bipartisan approach,” McCain told CBS’ “Face the Nation” in an interview taped for air Sunday.

Asked if that meant he will appoint Democrats to his Cabinet, McCain said, “Yes, of course.”

The Arizona senator said he expects Congress to return to Washington this week and spend the next month in gridlock before handing off the budget for the next Congress to tackle. He said that will leave Americans even more disillusioned, “if that’s possible.”

McCain did not say how many Democrats he would appoint to his Cabinet, but he wouldn’t be the first president to cross party lines. President Clinton chose former Republican Sen. William Cohen as his defense secretary. President Bush picked former Democratic Rep. Norm Mineta to be his transportation secretary. Mineta was in his position on Sept. 11, 2001, when all U.S. carriers in and outside the U.S. were grounded for nearly a week.

“I don’t know how many (Democrats will serve),” McCain said of his Cabinet’s configuration. “But I can tell you, in all due respect to previous administrations, it’s not going to be a single, you know, well, we have a Democrat now; it’s going to be the best people in America, the smartest people in America.”

McCain said the individuals he asks to join his Cabinet will be motivated by service over anything else.

“And I’ll tell you, some of them I’ll ask them to work for a dollar a year. They’ve made enough money. But I’ll also ask people who have struggled out there in the trenches to help people, to volunteer in their communities, who understand these problems at that level, which obviously is lost on a lot of — a lot — a big segment of Washington,” he said.

It’s believed that McCain closely considered Independent Democratic Sen. Joe Lieberman as his running mate despite reports he was warned off such a move by conservatives within his party.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/07/mccain-i-will-appoint-democrats-to-my-cabinet/

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: McCain: I Will Appoint Democrats to My Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 02:03:52 PM »
And why not...he has a history of crossing party lines unlike OBAMA who has never crossed party lines to go against his own party on anything of any substance. He votes Dem down the line everytime.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 02:10:57 PM »
And why not...he has a history of crossing party lines unlike OBAMA who has never crossed party lines to go against his own party on anything of any substance. He votes Dem down the line everytime.
last week I said he would have to make a big move to hold the middle after his palin choice.  This is just that, nothing more, nothing less, nothing special. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 02:20:20 PM »
What are u gonna do when the SarahCuda takes a bite outa u............dems running scared across the land.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 02:22:50 PM »
last week I said he would have to make a big move to hold the middle after his palin choice.  This is just that, nothing more, nothing less, nothing special. 

Why does he need to hold "the middle"?  And who are they?  He needs independents and some Democrat crossovers. 

Independents can be liberal, moderate, or conservative.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 02:23:22 PM »
What are u gonna do when the SarahCuda takes a bite outa u............dems running scared across the land.

Sarah can bite me anytime...  If that's her thing, I'll get kinky with her.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 02:36:57 PM »
Then she'd go 4wheeling with u, shoot weapons, drink beer, watch football.....all Mrs Obama would do is bore the dogshit out of u.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 02:55:53 PM »
Why the F would mccain hire shitbag dems?

He's taking jobs from more worthy repubs.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 05:50:59 PM »
C'mon. McCain has crossed the aisle more times than a cousin at a Mississippi wedding.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 05:54:07 PM »
Yes, I see four years of McCain pissing me off.  Maybe he should focus on beating the dems instead of "working" with them.

Meh.. better than the alternative.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 05:56:28 PM »
C'mon. McCain has crossed the aisle more times than a cousin at a Mississippi wedding.

wat wrong wit dat?

I don't think your avatar is working.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »
wat wrong wit dat?

I don't think your avatar is working.
lol. Yeah I should fix that avatar. You have the best one on this site. BTW