Author Topic: Jon Stewart - Sarah Palin and how the Republicans see her  (Read 1703 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Jon Stewart - Sarah Palin and how the Republicans see her
« on: September 07, 2008, 11:49:01 PM »

LOL

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
Re: Jon Stewart - Sarah Palin and how the Republicans see her
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 11:53:23 PM »
Liberals are really showing their sexism....keep it up.  This kind of thing only plays to the Left wing and they won't be elected the next president.  Woman independents and centrists will make up the bulk of the swing votes.

Thanks Jon Stewert!!!

Thanks MB!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 11:59:38 PM »

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 12:02:30 AM »
Hell yeah breaking down the sexist ceilings walls for women everywhere

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 12:20:33 AM »
Uh... Didn't Geraldine Ferraro beat you to that?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 12:29:49 AM »
Hell yeah breaking down the sexist ceilings walls for women everywhere

You may choose to believe that, ...but I have to honestly tell you from a woman's perspective...
I see the nomination of Sarah Palin as one of the most sexist and insulting pandering moves McCain has made.

Yes, women enjoy seeing other women succeed, ...but imo it is insulting to believe that throwing a woman on the ticket, especially one so... 'chirpy' for want of a more diplomatic term, who appears to have been selected more for her physical aesthetic appeal than for anything substantive is a sexist insult to women everywhere, and is going to backfire. The women who backed Hilary in the primaries did so NOT because they wanted a woman, ...but because they wanted THAT woman. They felt hilary was a capable candidate who happened to be a woman. As one former Clinton supporter put it, the only thing Clinton and Palin have in common are "t*ts and a v*gina." Sadly, I found myself nodding in agreement. As much as I wanted to be, I found myself considerably less than impressed with Palin, and I don't believe women across America will be very impressed with her either, ...let alone Hilary supporters. But that's just my opinion, my "female intuition".
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 12:31:50 AM »
Uh... Didn't Geraldine Ferraro beat you to that?

Shhhh, ...you'll simply confuse the issue for him by introducing facts.  ;)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 12:33:42 AM »
w

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 07:22:53 AM »
You may choose to believe that, ...but I have to honestly tell you from a woman's perspective...
I see the nomination of Sarah Palin as one of the most sexist and insulting pandering moves McCain has made.

Yes, women enjoy seeing other women succeed, ...but imo it is insulting to believe that throwing a woman on the ticket, especially one so... 'chirpy' for want of a more diplomatic term, who appears to have been selected more for her physical aesthetic appeal than for anything substantive is a sexist insult to women everywhere, and is going to backfire. The women who backed Hilary in the primaries did so NOT because they wanted a woman, ...but because they wanted THAT woman. They felt hilary was a capable candidate who happened to be a woman. As one former Clinton supporter put it, the only thing Clinton and Palin have in common are "t*ts and a v*gina." Sadly, I found myself nodding in agreement. As much as I wanted to be, I found myself considerably less than impressed with Palin, and I don't believe women across America will be very impressed with her either, ...let alone Hilary supporters. But that's just my opinion, my "female intuition".

The PUMA ladies might see things differently. Yes, they wanted THAT woman. But, Obama didn't deliver. And every time Sarah Palin hits the screen, it reminds them of what could have been. For Hilary to get another shot, McCain has to win this election. If Obama wins.....GAME OVER for Hilary Clinton.

As for your implication that Palin was selected for her aesthetic appeal, notwithstanding what appeared to be McCain staring at her booty during her acceptance speech, that's simply a bonus. She can reform government, get the energy policies going, and help McCain keep our taxes low.

Lost in all this is that for all the Hilary Clinton supporters out there,there are almost as many CONSERVATIVE women, who feel that they are grossly underrepresented in our society. This may come as a shock to some people, but not all women voters are bra-burning, hard-left "feminists". Palin touches a cord with those voters, one of the reasons the conservative base (that was anything but enthusiastic about McCain) is now FIRED UP!!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 11:38:21 AM »

LOL
bahaha, excellent stuff. the republicans are the kings of double standards, lies, and purposely misleading the public to achieve their own goals.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 11:47:18 AM »
I agree. The Daily Show is a highly reputable news-reporting program that gives all the facts in its entirety with no bias whatsoever. Jon Stewart is a journalistic genius the likes of which America has not gazed upon since Walter Cronkite. He blew the lid off this story.