Author Topic: Palin's church: You can pray away the gay  (Read 2311 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Palin's church: You can pray away the gay
« on: September 08, 2008, 12:11:57 PM »
ANCHORAGE — Gov. Sarah Palin’s church is promoting a conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer.

“You’ll be encouraged by the power of God’s love and His desire to transform the lives of those impacted by homosexuality,” according to the insert in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has worshipped for about six years.

Gay activists in Alaska said Palin has not worked actively against their interests, but early in her administration she supported a bill to overrule a court decision to block state benefits for gay partners of public employees. At the time, less than one-half of 1 percent of state employees had applied for the benefits, which were ordered by a 2005 ruling by the Alaska Supreme Court.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Palin's church: You can pray away the gay
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 12:14:43 PM »
CNN is investigating her church, bigtime.

They're playing the youtube clip of Palin in her church - her making comments about the pipeline bring part of god's plan, and iraq war being for energy resources.

Her pastor's statements are also under dissection.  When the world ends, Alaska will receive people as a safe haven when the world ends.  Nutty shit. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 12:54:47 PM »
ANCHORAGE — Gov. Sarah Palin’s church is promoting a conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer.

“You’ll be encouraged by the power of God’s love and His desire to transform the lives of those impacted by homosexuality,” according to the insert in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has worshipped for about six years.

I only wish this were true.  :( In some cases I believe it is. 
!

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 01:05:34 PM »
I pray for the gay and Heterosexuals.  I must be crazy.  BIG FUCKING DEAL! 

Keep this shit coming please!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 01:15:17 PM »
Prayer didn't see to help Ted Hagee or Larry Craig?
Infact, I don't know anyone who's been able to pray away the gay.  ???
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 01:26:01 PM »
That is good, I hope CNN looks into Rev. Wright's church next

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 01:28:40 PM »
I pray for the gay and Heterosexuals.  I must be crazy.  BIG FUCKING DEAL!  

Keep this shit coming please!
agreed, LOL your mocking her and making a big deal out of her beliefs as a christian.
Its not secret that the vast majority of christians view homosexuality as wrong and immoral so this church saying things like this falls right in line with what you would expect.

NOW AS FOR OBAMAS CHURCH...you cant even compare the two obamas church has said things that are much more offensive and degrading so why dont you just drop the church thing 240

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 01:41:43 PM »
NOW AS FOR OBAMAS CHURCH...you cant even compare the two obamas church has said things that are much more offensive and degrading so why dont you just drop the church thing 240
No it hasn't, jackass.
!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 01:52:32 PM »
agreed, LOL your mocking her and making a big deal out of her beliefs as a christian.
Its not secret that the vast majority of christians view homosexuality as wrong and immoral so this church saying things like this falls right in line with what you would expect.

Are you talking about Revrend Wrights church..The same Rev Wright who Served this country as a marine but still questions a screwed up government.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »
No it hasn't, jackass.
does what palins church said offend you?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 01:55:29 PM »
Are you talking about Revrend Wrights church..The same Rev Wright who Served this country as a marine but still questions a screwed up government.
LOL by saying that it created AIDS as a way of dealing with the black community...LOL

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 02:09:42 PM »
No it hasn't, jackass.

Are you sure about that? So believing that homosexuality is a sin, which Obama's church most likely believes since they claim they are CHRISTIANS, is worse than Rev. Wright "GOD DAMNING" USA for 911? Blaming the USA for the loss of 3,000 in the World Trade Center is worse than believing that through prayer and self discipline anything is possible in Jesus?

Wright went so far as to make his "sermons" racially biased. If the "good" Rev. Wright was so innocent, why did Obama make it publicly clear that he was breaking off any ties to him?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 02:11:26 PM »
LOL by saying that it created AIDS as a way of dealing with the black community...LOL

HEHEHEE. I missed that one. That is deplorable.  Some how in Benny's mind stating your religious belief that being gay is wrong is somehow worse.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 02:16:04 PM »
HEHEHEE. I missed that one. That is deplorable.  Some how in Benny's mind stating your religious belief that being gay is wrong is somehow worse.

He also said the government is to blame for the black crack epidemic....apparently they forced people to smoke it by savy advertising commercials and posters

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 02:19:11 PM »
Cue the Nazi music. Burn the constitution. Kiss your religious freedom away.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 02:46:12 PM »
He also said the government is to blame for the black crack epidemic....apparently they forced people to smoke it by savy advertising commercials and posters

I dont believe that. But I do beleive in the Iran Contra Scandle...Gary Webb is the man that cracked that story...then after he came out with it in the San Jose Times (some shit like that) he was black balled and then he killed himself by shooting himself in the back of the head 2 times...

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 04:48:04 PM »
Cue the Nazi music. Burn the constitution. Kiss your religious freedom away.

The Constitution is overrated anyway.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 04:52:20 PM »
I hear gay is the new straight
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 05:01:05 PM »

If the "good" Rev. Wright was so innocent, why did Obama make it publicly clear that he was breaking off any ties to him?

Just a guess, ...but probably because he realized that the "good" Rev. Wright intended to milk every last drop of the unwarranted attention he was getting for his own gain, without any consideration about how his ambitious grasp at the limelight was negatively affecting others. He chose to be part of the problem rather than be part of the solution.
w

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 05:06:40 PM »
i hope this gets as much attention as the Wright nonsense did. dont think it will though.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 05:11:45 AM »
Prayer didn't see to help Ted Hagee or Larry Craig?
Infact, I don't know anyone who's been able to pray away the gay.  ???

Here's a start:

Excerpts from "No Longer Lesbian", by Christine Sneeringer

My heart pounded as the Sunday School teacher asked us to break into small groups and discuss how we might reach the homosexual community for Christ.

I often had wondered if everyone knew my secret. Now I would find out. In my group of four, Rachel spoke first: "I don't have any compassion for homosexuals."

My heart sank......

A natural athlete, I excelled in every sport I attempted, from tennis to Little League Baseball to sandlot football. I was accepted as one of the guys and often mistaken for a boy. I refused to go by my full name -- Christine -- because it was obviously a girl's name, and went by Chris instead. Most adults thought I was a boy and often called me "son" or "young man."

When I was 12, my parents divorced and sent me to live with relatives, where an older cousin molested me. Growing up, I had other experiences in which men took advantage of me. I never felt safe with men, so relationships with women seemed to be the only safe option.

My first lesbian relationship began in high school. It was exhilarating and met a need in my life. For the first time I really felt loved.

I was a lesbian for six years and thought I would always be that way, and I never knew that change was possible. But in my early 20s, I met some Christians who showed me a better love -- the love that God had for me. Still in a homosexual relationship, I joined a friend's church softball team. I just wanted to play ball, but God had other ideas.

For 18 months, I played on the women's softball team for Idlewild Baptist Church in Tampa, Fla. During that time, I was drawn by the love my teammates had for one another and for me. It seemed so pure and so right. They knew I was different because of my foul language and unsportsmanlike conduct, but they never treated me like an outsider. Their attitude made me want what they had -- a relationship with Christ. I later found out that they were regularly praying for me.

One teammate, Kelly, knew that I was a lesbian, but she never preached to me. She just cared for me and prayed for me. I became interested in spiritual things and asked Kelly to help me study the Bible. She agreed, and we met weekly to study the book of John. One Sunday night in October, 1989, Kelly led me in the prayer of salvation as I knelt beside my bed in my dorm room.

When I stood up, I knew that deep down something had changed. I knew that I wanted God more than my homosexuality. But becoming a Christian was only the beginning of my journey. It didn't instantly resolve my homosexual feelings. I broke up with my partner, but I continued to struggle with unwanted same-sex attractions.

Thankfully, I found out about a ministry that helps people overcome their homosexuality, and I began to attend a local support group. There, I discovered the root causes of my homosexual desires, including sexual abuse, gender confusion, a breakdown in the relationship with my same-sex parent, an abusive father and peer rejection.

I met strong, godly women in church who helped me to see that being feminine didn't mean being weak. I met men who treated me with dignity and respect. This freed me to embrace my gender and to stop rejecting God's design. I even started using my full name, Christine, because I no longer wanted to hide being a girl. My ideas about men and women were changed. I learned that being female is not a liability. And I began to identify outwardly with women, experimenting with wearing makeup and different clothes and using purses. I became different from the inside out.....

The key to my healing was developing healthy same-sex friendships. As I did this, my sexual attractions for women naturally diminished because I found what I was looking for all along -- real love and connections with others. With God's help and the support of caring people, I now walk in freedom from lesbianism. I know that a changed life is possible because I am a changed person.

http://www.bpnews.net/BPFirstPerson.asp?ID=28789

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 05:17:13 AM »
Here's a start:

Excerpts from "No Longer Lesbian", by Christine Sneeringer

are you for real with this?  do you really think one personal testimony, which in no way guarantees truth, in a world of vastly difference, proves a point on your behalf?  You believe the gay can be expelled by faith? lol...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 05:21:46 AM »
Are you sure about that? So believing that homosexuality is a sin, which Obama's church most likely believes since they claim they are CHRISTIANS, is worse than Rev. Wright "GOD DAMNING" USA for 911? Blaming the USA for the loss of 3,000 in the World Trade Center is worse than believing that through prayer and self discipline anything is possible in Jesus?

Wright went so far as to make his "sermons" racially biased. If the "good" Rev. Wright was so innocent, why did Obama make it publicly clear that he was breaking off any ties to him?

O'Reilly mentioned it last night. Every time one of these numbskulls said something stupid, it helps put one more vote in McCain's tally.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 05:31:26 AM »
are you for real with this?  do you really think one personal testimony, which in no way guarantees truth, in a world of vastly difference, proves a point on your behalf?  You believe the gay can be expelled by faith? lol...

You’re hoping the tabloids can deliver the goods about Palin’s alleged adulterous affair. And, you’re talking about guaranteeing truth? That’s rather hilarious.

This young lady is hardly the lone case of people who’ve left the homosexual lifestyle. Of course, had this been an article about someone “coming out”, I doubt you’d be brining up any issues, regarding truth.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 05:38:55 AM »
You’re hoping the tabloids can deliver the goods about Palin’s alleged adulterous affair. And, you’re talking about guaranteeing truth? That’s rather hilarious.

This young lady is hardly the lone case of people who’ve left the homosexual lifestyle. Of course, had this been an article about someone “coming out”, I doubt you’d be brining up any issues, regarding truth.

everything u read (that agrees with your logic) Is the Gospel.
DAWG