Author Topic: Tito Ortiz Confirms Juanito Ibarra’s Scumbaggery  (Read 1244 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Tito Ortiz Confirms Juanito Ibarra’s Scumbaggery
« on: September 08, 2008, 02:52:38 PM »
There's a pretty good story up on cagepotato.com

From PunchDrunkGamer via FiveOuncesofPain:

"Ortiz: Let me explain this to you because it really pisses me off that Ibarra has done what he has done. He is a thief. I have been running training camps for seven years up in Big Bear California and the most that my camp has cost a fighter to attend is $35,000. Ibarra was charging Jackson $65,000 to go to Big Bear. I don’t understand that! He was being very disrespectful and taking advantage of Rampage. Including travel, training partners, food and lodging, the most ever was $35,000. Maybe if you flew in more trainers, $40,000. Where did that extra money go that Ibarra was charging? Rampage is really pissed and he feels betrayed that he was taken advantage of and I couldn’t agree more with him. I don’t care if Juanito reads this or hears about it anywhere, he already knows that he is blackballed. I don’t care who you are; fighters work very hard for the money they earn and I feel slighted for even knowing Juanito.

So that’s it, then. Sometime directly before or after his fight with Forrest Griffin, Jackson learned that the cost of training at Tito’s camp was much less than Ibarra told him it was. Ibarra — his mentor and spiritual advisor — was skimming 30 large per training camp, and Rampage’s world fell apart. Hence, the fasting and the energy drinks and the bumper car session in Costa Mesa and Ibarra not making public statements. If this is true, Juanito is a scumbag who should be bounced out of the business. And it’s just another warning to young fighters who can’t be bothered with the financial aspect of their careers: Hire a professional, and don’t leave everything in the hands of the sketchy guy with the Kangol hat and focus mitts."

Btw,

Rampage isn't going to train at the Wolfslair afterall, he can't even leave the country with his legal issues, and even then, he has stated he is just gonna bring some trainers over from the Wolfslair and train up in Big Bear with them.
Predictions
 40/61

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
Re: Tito Ortiz Confirms Juanito Ibarra’s Scumbaggery
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 04:40:12 PM »
So what type of money are pro's paying to train teams like Couture, Americian Top, etc?  What lenght of time constitutes the two training camps. I think there are several factrs to take into account before directly comparing the two costs that Tito has stated.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 06:32:37 PM »
So what type of money are pro's paying to train teams like Couture, Americian Top, etc?  What lenght of time constitutes the two training camps. I think there are several factrs to take into account before directly comparing the two costs that Tito has stated.

Tito has been running camps up in big bear for most of his career, I actually think he bought out one of De la Hoya's training facilities up there.  I think the cost he's referring to has more to do with Big Bear itself, and taking into consideration Juanito is just a boxing coach.  Most training camps run 8-10 weeks.
Predictions
 40/61

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 03:26:48 AM »
Thanks for the reply CB

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 04:20:42 AM »
Interesting read

I'd have figured that Rampage would have know the cost of training at big bear since he and Tito have trained together in the past.