Author Topic: Tis the season for the "dumbing down" of men.......  (Read 10322 times)

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Tis the season for the "dumbing down" of men.......
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 06:13:25 PM »
My take on it is athletes are overpaid schmucks meant to entertain the mindless masses by playing a worthless game spurned by gross and meaningless consumerism.
Have to agree
I am a big baby

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 06:56:14 PM »
Football is by far the worst. 

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 07:40:16 PM »
 Professional sports are by and far way overated. They do serve a purpose however in bringing people together in some ways. I am sick and tired of all the so called "Professionals" acting up in society and then getting away with it in our courts. I guess thats whats to be expected when most of the pro sports are dominated by those from the ghetto whom grew up without a dad and had very little to no education. Take a thug from the streets who has some talent with a ball, then pay him millions of dollars then watch the tragedy begin.

h

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »
My take on it is athletes are overpaid schmucks meant to entertain the mindless masses by playing a worthless game spurned by gross and meaningless consumerism.
fixed
A

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 12:50:07 AM »
Professional sports are by and far way overated. They do serve a purpose however in bringing people together in some ways. I am sick and tired of all the so called "Professionals" acting up in society and then getting away with it in our courts. I guess thats whats to be expected when most of the pro sports are dominated by those from the ghetto whom grew up without a dad and had very little to no education. Take a thug from the streets who has some talent with a ball, then pay him millions of dollars then watch the tragedy begin.

Dude what are you talking about?  Most NFL players are sadly college educated.  LOL They probably all majored in psychology or communications!  Just ask Hereford!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 10:28:16 AM »
Dude what are you talking about?  Most NFL players are sadly college educated.  LOL They probably all majored in psychology or communications!  Just ask Hereford!
philosophy or art
A

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 10:33:17 AM »
HTEXAN,  you think the cowboys can take the Packers again this year?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 10:43:25 AM »

That's going to come down to who's playing better football WBB.  Both of these first class organizations have what it takes to get the job done and the pool of talent they have to draw on is second to none.  When these titans clash, it'll be to show us who's the better team once and for all.  This much is for sure: both these teams are going to show up ready to play some football!

;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2008, 10:44:03 AM »
HTEXAN,  you think the cowboys or the Packers can beat the Giants this year?

Fixed ;)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2008, 04:43:45 PM »
no Brett? abso-fucking-lutely!!
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2008, 04:44:36 PM »
no Brett? abso-fucking-lutely!!

I want Favre in the superbowl though... I would love to see Green Bay have to eat it.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 11:11:50 AM »
BUMP

I love all sports, but the damn commercials are getting more and more out of hand each year. Teh best is when a black, white, and asian guy are standing around a grill like REAL MEN talkin football and the little ladies are laughing at em'...just terrible.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2009, 11:27:57 AM »
I`m only bitter because the sheer quantity of poor content outweighs the minimal quality of wonderful content.  It is a stark reflection of our society and the direction it is heading socially, memetically and as well as being a great predicator of the ebb, flow and direction of the zeitgeist. The current of culture is currently cresting in clearly a negative regressive tide with forceful waves that will wash over and drown any beacon of now-fading light that stands ashore meant for the benefit and guidance of the masses.....  Lost at sea...

well said and I agree 100%

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, 11:35:30 AM »
some call it football season...every commercial break there will be at least one of these commercials that has the man who is bossed around repeatedly by the wife/kids (Lowe's commercial with the home improvements) ...or a fuckin beer commercial(the worst) that portrays men acting like total fucktards with big ass fuckin bellies eating all kinds of junk food chuggin beer..absolutely terrible

The "dumbing down" of men...I'm sick of it!

...turn on the TV and I'll guarantee within the next set of commercials, at least one will have a man looking like some fckin retard who answers only to women..beer commercials, sitcom tv shows, etc...I guess most people like to see grown men portrayed as thoughtless, irresponsible children..fckin man up and bitch slap someone the next time you see shit like this!

Discuss..

yeah yesterday watching football i counted no less than 4 commercials in a row exactly like this. glad others are noticing as well

ALOT of your typical slobs who love watching football ARE like the commercials. Their women own them and ONLY after completing the "honey-do" list for the weekend can they watch some "Ball"

They are the same group who probably never played ANY football in their life. They are the same cube warrior geeks armored in khaki pants and a tight fitting polo who love fantasy sports also and who get together to have team "drafts" with fellow fantasy nerds. Losers.

>:(

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2009, 11:39:13 AM »
The NFL is by far the guiltiest party regarding the dumbing down theory. It's turned into "bufoonism", played by bufoons and embraced by bufoons. I hate what it's become. And then you have that idiot on ESPN with the "he could go all the way" schtick and all his other stupid sound affects. When a guy scores a touchdown he acts like a total idiot with the dancing and the me me me crap. Could you imagine a guy hitting a home run in baseball and dancing around the bases. Do u know what would happen to him next time up? He'd get a 95 mph fastball in the ribs. The baseball players police that crap themselves.

And have u ever walked thru the parking before an NFL game? Don't bring your little kids because this is where all the tough drunks hang out in packs of seven to ten. Jet games are the worst. 70,000 people of which 50,000 are losers who blow off steam every Sunday at a football game.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2009, 12:44:52 PM »
The NFL is by far the guiltiest party regarding the dumbing down theory. It's turned into "bufoonism", played by bufoons and embraced by bufoons. I hate what it's become. And then you have that idiot on ESPN with the "he could go all the way" schtick and all his other stupid sound affects. When a guy scores a touchdown he acts like a total idiot with the dancing and the me me me crap. Could you imagine a guy hitting a home run in baseball and dancing around the bases. Do u know what would happen to him next time up? He'd get a 95 mph fastball in the ribs. The baseball players police that crap themselves.

And have u ever walked thru the parking before an NFL game? Don't bring your little kids because this is where all the tough drunks hang out in packs of seven to ten. Jet games are the worst. 70,000 people of which 50,000 are losers who blow off steam every Sunday at a football game.
Well said....a guy sacks the QB and performs some crazy grave digging dance....agreed about baseball policing themselves..hockey as well....just an observation, but not an overwhelming amount of blacks in baseball and maybe 1 or 2 in hockey...just an observation. :-X

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2009, 12:56:35 PM »

And keeping some far apart...

Not only sports attract "the wrong" type of people, these thugs like you called them, but the leagues and the whole culture molds the players from early childhood into a specific role.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2009, 01:47:33 PM »
ALOT of your typical slobs who love watching football ARE like the commercials. Their women own them and ONLY after completing the "honey-do" list for the weekend can they watch some "Ball"

They are the same group who probably never played ANY football in their life. They are the same cube warrior geeks armored in khaki pants and a tight fitting polo who love fantasy sports also and who get together to have team "drafts" with fellow fantasy nerds. Losers.

>:(

Man this is so very true, I see it all the time here in suburbia.  I can't stand those guys.  Their wives never fuck em either cause they are repulsed by the usually very fat and unkempt slobs.  One guy I knew fit you description to a T, the guy always looked like a pig and wore the same t-shirt all the time, always a "brewski" in his hand.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 03:14:35 PM »
a lot of people in this thread that clearly think bodybuilding is the best sport in the world

E
E

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 03:38:03 PM »
a lot of people in this thread that clearly think bodybuilding is the best sport in the world

E
yeah, the stupid meathead fucktards in the gym walkin round like teh Hulk in their sleeveless affliction jabbin needles in their arses don't help the situation either.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 05:10:54 AM »
some call it football season...every commercial break there will be at least one of these commercials that has the man who is bossed around repeatedly by the wife/kids (Lowe's commercial with the home improvements) ...or a fuckin beer commercial(the worst) that portrays men acting like total fucktards with big ass fuckin bellies eating all kinds of junk food chuggin beer..absolutely terrible

The "dumbing down" of men...I'm sick of it!

...turn on the TV and I'll guarantee within the next set of commercials, at least one will have a man looking like some fckin retard who answers only to women..beer commercials, sitcom tv shows, etc...I guess most people like to see grown men portrayed as thoughtless, irresponsible children..fckin man up and bitch slap someone the next time you see shit like this!

Discuss..

yeah yesterday watching football i counted no less than 4 commercials in a row exactly like this. glad others are noticing as well

BUMP for the barage of Super Bowl commercials that will portray 40 yr old men acting like they're 4 yrs old. Guaranteed....any of you laugh histerically at these upcoming commercials are only fueling the problem. Thinks about it.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2010, 05:18:57 AM »

how can someone be over paid when that is what the market can bear?  and over paid by whom? are the owner over paid as well? The NFL generate billions of dollars in revenue and profits, what is wrong with the players getting a cut of that? By your logic the owners would keep the billions and pay the the players crumbs, would you then consider that fair?

through out the course of human history those will superior physical abilities that can be demonstrated in an arena where/are/and will be rewarded for entertaining the masses. 
I

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2010, 05:23:50 AM »
BUMP for the barage of Super Bowl commercials that will portray 40 yr old men acting like they're 4 yrs old. Guaranteed....any of you laugh histerically at these upcoming commercials are only fueling the problem. Thinks about it.

The other side of the coin

"EU wants to ban 'sexist' TV commercials"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/2686538/EU-wants-to-ban-sexist-TV-commercials.html

"MEPs want TV regulators in the EU to set guidelines which would see the end of anything deemed to portray women as sex objects or reinforce gender stereotypes.
This could potentially mean an end to attractive women advertising perfume, housewives in the kitchen or men doing DIY.

Related Articles
The new Queen of British football
China team in sex scandal
Sexism 'spurs women to success'
Such classic adverts as the Diet Coke commercial featuring the bare-chested builder, or Wonderbra's "Hello Boys" featuring model Eva Herzigova would have been banned.
The new rules come in a report by the EU's women's rights committee.
Swedish MEP Eva-Britt Svensson urged Britain and other members to use existing equality, sexism and discrimination laws to control advertising.
She wants regulatory bodies set up to monitor ads and introduce a "zero-tolerance" policy against "sexist insults or degrading images".
Ms Svensson said: "Gender stereotyping in advertising straitjackets women, men, girls and boys by restricting individuals to predetermined and artificial roles that are often degrading, humiliating and dumbed down for both sexes."
She added: "Gender stereotyping in advertising is one of several factors that have a big influence in efforts to make society more gender equal.
"When women and men are portrayed in a stereotypical way the consequence may be that it becomes difficult in other contexts to see women and men's resources and abilities."
The Advertising Standards Authority however had said there are already checks in place to prevent "discriminatory or harmful" material.
A spokesman said: "Although the ASA supports the overall objectives of the report... the approach suggested is inflexible and impractical."
Do you think sexist adverts should be banned?"
I

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2010, 05:27:41 AM »
Dov, I am with you that TV commercials are portraying men as slow, fat, beer guzzling and mentally inferior to women.

so basically, you are in favor of banning commercials that reinforce negative stereotypes? or just banning those that deal with the white american male?

I

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2010, 05:38:55 AM »
I`m only bitter because the sheer quantity of poor content outweighs the minimal quality of wonderful content.  It is a stark reflection of our society and the direction it is heading socially, memetically and as well as being a great predicator of the ebb, flow and direction of the zeitgeist. The current of culture is currently cresting in clearly a negative regressive tide with forceful waves that will wash over and drown any beacon of now-fading light that stands ashore meant for the benefit and guidance of the masses.....  Lost at sea...

8)