Author Topic: Tis the season for the "dumbing down" of men.......  (Read 10318 times)

dov

• Getbig IV
Tis the season for the "dumbing down" of men.......
« on: September 08, 2008, 06:53:44 PM »
some call it football season...every commercial break there will be at least one of these commercials that has the man who is bossed around repeatedly by the wife/kids (Lowe's commercial with the home improvements) ...or a fuckin beer commercial(the worst) that portrays men acting like total fucktards with big ass fuckin bellies eating all kinds of junk food chuggin beer..absolutely terrible

The "dumbing down" of men...I'm sick of it!

...turn on the TV and I'll guarantee within the next set of commercials, at least one will have a man looking like some fckin retard who answers only to women..beer commercials, sitcom tv shows, etc...I guess most people like to see grown men portrayed as thoughtless, irresponsible children..fckin man up and bitch slap someone the next time you see shit like this!

Discuss..

yeah yesterday watching football i counted no less than 4 commercials in a row exactly like this. glad others are noticing as well

Purge_WTF

Re: Tis the season for the "dumbing down" of men.......
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »
  Yeah, I'm getting sick of the King Of Queens feminazi bullshit myself. Too bad that most of our gender  are slaves to their hormones and don't do or say anything about it.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »
  Yeah, I'm getting sick of the King Of Queens feminazi bullshit myself. Too bad that most of our gender  are slaves to their hormones and don't do or say anything about it.
shit like that tv show is the problem..men are def. getting more feminine by the day.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 06:59:09 PM »
anyone who challenges this = part of the problem :-\

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »
Stay strong bros!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 07:03:03 PM »
dov hows u training for getbig contest 3 goes?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????//
w

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 07:05:15 PM »
dov hows u training for getbig contest 3 goes?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????//
coming along my friend..down about 25 lbs on the scale

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 07:06:09 PM »
My take on it is athletes are overpaid schmucks meant to entertain the mindless masses by playing a worthless game spurned by gross and meaningless consumerism.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 07:08:24 PM »
The men who watch sports ARE exactly as these commercials portray. For the most part, they are dunderheaded beer-swilling morons who screams like an overfed swine when "his team" scores a point.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 07:17:44 PM »
My take on it is athletes are overpaid schmucks meant to entertain the mindless masses by playing a worthless game spurned by gross and meaningless consumerism.

I hate it when I get rejected by meaningless consumerism.  ;)

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 07:24:12 PM »
The men who watch sports ARE exactly as these commercials portray. For the most part, they are dunderheaded beer-swilling morons who screams like an overfed swine when "his team" scores a point.

hahaha, very true.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 09:31:39 PM »
hahaha, very true.

Exactly...except for World Cup Soccer fans...lets leave them outta this! ;D

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 10:06:57 PM »
the dumbing down of men has actually been going on a long time, like 10 yrs or so...every sitcom portrays dads as stupid and inept or single men as Cads, or businessmen as heartless.... I suppose its just payback from yrs of doing the same to women...but hollywood is still controlled by mostly straight men, so it is a mystery...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 10:14:15 PM »
I hate it when I get rejected by meaningless consumerism.  ;)

Neologism my friend.  Thomas Jefferson`s and one of my new favorite past-times.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 01:20:34 AM »
I think the worst fucking things are all those fucking retarded "reality" shows Fox advertises for, during Football games. People actually watch that shit? I mean really? I just sit there shaking my head at the garbage they put out.......is it ANY wonder I hardly watch tv anymore?
HAHA, RON.....

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 04:40:16 AM »
LOL. You're becoming Scrooge-like, TA. Afterall, we can't be concerned with Derrida's deconstruction or string theory 24/7, now can we? Sometimes it's good to relax and belch and fart and get pissed.  :)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 10:02:37 AM »
Stop your hissy fit, and buy a DVR. No more commercials.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 10:19:53 AM »
LOL. You're becoming Scrooge-like, TA. Afterall, we can't be concerned with Derrida's deconstruction or string theory 24/7, now can we? Sometimes it's good to relax and belch and fart and get pissed.  :)
I`m only bitter because the sheer quantity of poor content outweighs the minimal quality of wonderful content.  It is a stark reflection of our society and the direction it is heading socially, memetically and as well as being a great predicator of the ebb, flow and direction of the zeitgeist. The current of culture is currently cresting in clearly a negative regressive tide with forceful waves that will wash over and drown any beacon of now-fading light that stands ashore meant for the benefit and guidance of the masses.....  Lost at sea...

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 10:23:58 AM »
I love the NFL, but those commercials are overly simplistic and dumb down American society a notch  :-\

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »
the dumbing down of men has actually been going on a long time, like 10 yrs or so...every sitcom portrays dads as stupid and inept or single men as Cads, or businessmen as heartless.... I suppose its just payback from yrs of doing the same to women...but hollywood is still controlled by mostly straight men, so it is a mystery...

LOL Where have you been?  I'd have to disagree.  There are  A LOT of fags and women in very high authority positions in Hollywood.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 10:38:52 AM »
I`m only bitter because the sheer quantity of poor content outweighs the minimal quality of wonderful content.  It is a stark reflection of our society and the direction it is heading socially, memetically and as well as being a great predicator of the ebb, flow and direction of the zeitgeist. The current of culture is currently cresting in clearly a negative regressive tide with forceful waves that will wash over and drown any beacon of now-fading light that stands ashore meant for the benefit and guidance of the masses.....  Lost at sea...

TA = Truth Assessor

That is all.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 10:46:36 AM »

I was at Lambeau last night for the Packers/Vikings game and I can attest that a large majority of the crowd were fat, drunken slobs.  Nevertheless, it was a great time!  Rodgers looked fantastic. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 04:46:38 PM »

Well said......
HAHA, RON.....

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 05:32:06 PM »

Accurate assessment for sure

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 06:09:09 PM »
LOL Where have you been?  I'd have to disagree.  There are  A LOT of fags and women in very high authority positions in Hollywood.

true, but I said mostly, meaning majority are still straight males.