Author Topic: McCain Campaign Crowds Grow Exponentially  (Read 609 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
McCain Campaign Crowds Grow Exponentially
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:43:40 AM »
At John McCain's rally in the town of Lee's Summit, Mo., there were more people standing outside than were able to fit inside.

Republican presidential candidate John McCain, joined by his wife Cindy McCain and at right is his running mate Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, at a campaign event in Cedarburg, Wisconsin on September 5, 2008.
(ROBYN BECK/AFP/Getty Images)That kind of crowd just hadn't been seen at McCain's events before last week's Republican convention.

Saturday in Colorado Springs, about 10,000 people waved American flags at McCain's rally in an airport hangar there, and Friday in the town of Cedarburg, Wis., there were more people crowding the main street and the surrounding blocks than the population of the tiny town.

These numbers seemed unfathomable to the campaign just last month.

So what happened?

Two words: Sarah Palin.

A typical McCain event before he announced the Alaska governor as his running mate averaged only about 1,000 people. Now 5,000 has been the low end of turnout in the last few days, and the biggest event last weekend drew about 11,000.

These are crowd sizes that are pretty typical for the Obama-Biden campaign, before and after the conventions. There were about 10,000 at an Obama-Biden event in Lancaster, Pa., last week, and more than 12,000 estimated at the Democrats' event in Battle Creek, Mich., earlier in the week.

L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: McCain Campaign Crowds Grow Exponentially
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 07:47:25 AM »
I just heard that the independent men are flocking in large numbers.  Obama is still ahead in women but I guess the horney men over 35 crowd is rushing in to see Palin...  Maybe they should change that ticket to Palin/McCain for the horndog midlife crisis clowns lol..  Half the crowd hoping to take a upskirt shot lol...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:01:09 AM »
Whatever works....
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 08:23:51 AM »
Whatever works....
It works for me, maybe the first time I go to a republican event if they let me in :D  She is sooooooo sexy...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 09:07:46 AM »
I'll attend both mccain and obama events in my town.. just to see what all the fuss is about.

mccain was here a few months ago but I was too busy, and he wasn't the nominee yet.