Author Topic: My gym rant  (Read 3198 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: My gym rant
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 02:02:23 PM »
I was training a guy who was so annoying lol

On chest back day it was always

Flat bench, Pulldowns(could not chin yet) incline DB's then cable rows. He called them chest extensions despite me always calling them cable rows, occassionaly he would call them chest pulls.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 02:02:50 PM »
tough shit, they pay for a membership as well.
buy a home gym if it bothers you.

ta ta

fuckhead
show some respect "ghostdog"

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 02:04:06 PM »
Lots of dudes on their high horses in this thread....
P

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 02:06:25 PM »
guys always come up to me askin stuff..
mostly what steroids are u taking.... and silly stuff like that
..but for the guys who ask about training i try to help as much as possible..
but ive come t realise lifting genetics isnt just a physical thing its a mental thing
a lot of people just dont have the will to conssisntely work out hard...
they just want results fast with no work at all..

I defy anyone on a good training program to train consistently with effort for say 6 months and not make good solid progress

affy

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 02:19:30 PM »
I would have smacked the guy in the head if he said 18 sets.  The guy was most probably being a dick. 

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 02:27:47 PM »
I ahte guys who wait for you to make eye contact before asking a spot. I dont mind spotting here and there. However asking someone for 8-10 spots is absurd and very annoying

GhostDog

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 02:29:22 PM »
I ahte guys who wait for you to make eye contact before asking a spot. I dont mind spotting here and there. However asking someone for 8-10 spots is absurd and very annoying

what a whining little bitch. i hope you get crushed under a bar due to your spotter saying fuck you

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 02:31:19 PM »
I dont train to failure so i always have 1 or 2 reps in me so i could rack it myself :)

Griffon

• Getbig I
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 02:43:29 PM »
I learned a long time ago to never train chest on mondays, try training it on Thursday and see how fast you fly through your workout.

LOL, was just going to say the same. Trying to do a chest workout on Monday is pretty rough. Since my schedule was meant for 8 days, that implied hitting the gym on Monday sooner or later, and every time it's fun to watch how much wt spotters help lifting.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 02:48:05 PM »
I am lucky i train most days at 1pm, not too many about at that time and we have 3 flat benches so benching is never a problme.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 02:50:56 PM »
The last town I lived in had a preppie, new-age gym that I got a free membership at.

It was always full of soccer moms, fratboy twinks and a thousand FACKING KIDS all the time. Pissed me the hell off.

Nothing more annoying than waiting for some cvnt to finish up her 5lb dips and clear space, which is taking her half an f*in hour because shes always cooing at some rat bastard....

That gym sucked.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 02:52:21 PM »
i probably bench once a month now...
mostly dumbell work because no one aint lifting those heavy suckers
everybody wants to show off on bench
choice is an illusion

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 02:54:39 PM »
they guys  that piss me off are the equment hogs. Last week some fat dude was hoging the only v-pulldown bar. It had it the whole time I workout. Then I did an hour of cardio, he was still using it on the same machine, when I finish my cardio!!!  
A

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 02:55:54 PM »
One guy uses the bench for 45 mins. No one really minds.

i am more than happy to work in at anytime with anyone in my gym. Even people i dont like. it is as much their gym as mine

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 03:02:21 PM »
One guy uses the bench for 45 mins. No one really minds.

i am more than happy to work in at anytime with anyone in my gym. Even people i dont like. it is as much their gym as mine
I was going to ask to work in but the guy smelt bad. So I just changed up my tricep workout. 
A

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 03:03:08 PM »

And made sure that everyone knew he was lifting "big weight" :D
Haha!! Yup....in every gym there are these people. Someone who will load up the leg press do the max, then as soon as they rack the weight theyll jump up real quick, look around too see who was watching. LOL fuckin lames.

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »
I learned a long time ago to never train chest on mondays, try training it on Thursday and see how fast you fly through your workout.
I found this also. Good advice

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 03:09:24 PM »
guys always come up to me askin stuff..
mostly what steroids are u taking.... and silly stuff like that

and yet you claimed to never have heard of prohormones. like no one ever asked you if you use em ::)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 03:16:11 PM »
for this reason i'm always changing gyms...
and yes when i come back the same guy is still doing the same excersises... and looks the same....
choice is an illusion

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 03:19:33 PM »
for this reason i'm always changing gyms...
and yes when i come back the same guy is still doing the same excersises... and looks the same....

that "same guy" is more natural than you'll ever be

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 03:31:12 PM »
speaking of which Im gonna be in miami very soon any good gyms on south beach?
choice is an illusion

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2008, 03:45:59 PM »
People don't neep help, but a kick in the butt.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2008, 02:08:31 AM »
When I was in college I went to the University weight room (which I did several times a week) and worked in on bench with this one dude.  I did like 185 for my workset and when it was his turn I asked him if that weight was ok, he said "yeah it's good for my warm-up set."  Made me look like a weak little twink.  Oh yeah, I always referred to that dude as sweat suit guy.  Whether in the gym, class, or walking around campus that dude only wore sweat pants and sweat shirt.  No warm up pants or track pants, I'm talkin 1980s hanes basic solid color old school sweats. 

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2008, 02:16:26 AM »
When I was in college I went to the University weight room (which I did several times a week) and worked in on bench with this one dude.  I did like 185 for my workset and when it was his turn I asked him if that weight was ok, he said "yeah it's good for my warm-up set."  Made me look like a weak little twink.  Oh yeah, I always referred to that dude as sweat suit guy.  Whether in the gym, class, or walking around campus that dude only wore sweat pants and sweat shirt.  No warm up pants or track pants, I'm talkin 1980s hanes basic solid color old school sweats. 
Brutal admittance to being a skinny weak little twink. :-\

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2008, 02:39:41 AM »
Ok.... Everybody has the right to train wherever they want
fine.

what really puzzles me is this
ok I train at Muscle limit one of the most hardcore gyms in London 24 hr gym
yet you have guys all of 150lbs who come in.. not to knock them i started out light too they come in and do cable movements exclusively.. like rear delt raises one arm concentartion curls...front raises and the most cable crossovers i will come in see a guy chatting and laughing with his friend doing cable crossovers do a hardcore chest session ..come to do cable crossovers.. and still see the same guys on the cable crossover machine.... :-\

i saw this guy on the hammer strength press machines
after doing some heavy ass incline dumbell and flat dumbell presses..
and flyes and pullovers i asked this guy how many sets he had left
he said 18   :-\
like i said everybody pays their membership
but why come to a hardcore gym just to do hammer strength presses.... when u could do so in any of those soft leisure centre gyms... i think its unfair to guys who actually go to a hardcore gym gym to train hardcore. to have it invaded buy guys who have no interest in training properly (only there for summer) and hold up the machines doin damn foolishness.. i mean cable concentrated curls when your arms are 14 inches max.... you will never see them touch any free weights... aside from bench ..and the reason they do that is to ego lift and to answer the how much do you bench question.. i am sick of it.. i had to change chest day from monday to tuesday because on a monday evening you arent getting any of the benches as the gym is filled of 150 lb guy "benching" i meaning pulling bars off their friends chests
 i can count on one hand the amount of hardcore gyms left in london.
it sucks

Shit man, I share your pain. Just the other day while I'm doing legs, this fucking skinny twerp (looked like Freddy Mercury) was fucking going around doing his "hardcore" leg workout. I go in there with a fucking plan, and I bust my ass.....this asshole has no clue, and goes from one fucking machine to the next with zero fucking regard for anyone else. I try to be considerate of others, so I don't see why it's so hard for people to do the same.

Fucking asshole Bogart's the fucking leg extensions and shit, while doing his fucking murderous He-man like  30lbs sets. It's one thing if you're rehabbing (I've been there), but these fuckers are just there to take up space. I leave my water and gym bag next to the machine, and take a few steps away to loosen up my legs, since they are so fucking fried, and next thing you know, he's trying to fucking take the machine I'm on as well.  >:( Fucking asshole.

As far as Hardcore gyms go, they are going the way of the Dinosaurs.  :'( All that's left are these fitness centers, which cater to fat people who wouldn't dream of showing up 2 fucking days in a row, or to skinny twats who "don't want to get too big".
HAHA, RON.....