Author Topic: Miracle at St. Anna (2008) Trailer  (Read 2072 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Miracle at St. Anna (2008) Trailer
« on: September 10, 2008, 04:48:21 AM »
Trailer for Spike Lee's new film, 'Miracle at St. Anna' - starring Derek Luke, Michael Ealy, Laz Alonso, Omar Benson Miller, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Matteo Sciabordi.

Four soldiers from the army's Negro 92nd Division find themselves separated from their unit and behind enemy lines. Risking their lives for a country in which they are treated with less respect than the enemy they are fighting, they discover humanity in the small Tuscan village of St. Anna di Stazzema.

Release Date: September 26th, 2008

Touchstone Pictures

!

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
Re: Miracle at St. Anna (2008) Trailer
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 12:01:11 AM »
Looks pretty good.  Spike Lee can be hit or miss though.  Thanks for posting.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 04:14:27 AM »
Looks pretty good.  Spike Lee can be hit or miss though.  Thanks for posting.
This is going to be good. Get out opening weekend and support the brother.
!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 04:16:16 PM »

Miracle at St. Anna

Buffalo soldiers in Italy: Omar
  Benson and Miller Matteo Sciabordi

Spike Lee, special presentation
The triumph of human goodness over tragedy drives this moving Second World War drama. Based on the novel by James McBride, this film chronicles four soldiers in the U.S. Army's all-black 92nd 'Buffalo Soldier' Division stationed in Tuscany. Trapped behind enemy lines the men are separated from the unit after one soldier risks his life to save an Italian boy. The inspirational journey that follows transcends national boundaries, race and class.
Star watch: Spike Lee, Derek Luke
w

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 10:16:55 AM »
I saw this movie this past Sunday. Great movie. Two thumbs up!

I read an interview where Spike stated that Wesley Snipes was originally supposed to have the role of Staff Sergeant Aubrey Stamps. Due to his legal troubles, he could not leave the country for filming in Italy. He would have done well, but Derek Luke's performance was excellent and was probably more age appropriate for the role.
!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 11:27:24 AM »
Just finished this last night.  It sucked.  That is all. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 05:53:32 PM »
Just finished this last night.  It sucked.  That is all. 
Expect no less of an opinion from a self professed BUM whose work ethic reflects his lack of patriotism.  ::)

I wish my three uncles who served in the infantry in WWII could raise from the dead just long enough to kick your sorry excuse for an ass.  >:(

Greatest war movie since "Saving Private Ryan."  ;)
!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 06:43:50 PM »
Expect no less of an opinion from a self professed BUM whose work ethic reflects his lack of patriotism.  ::)

I wish my three uncles who served in the infantry in WWII could raise from the dead just long enough to kick your sorry excuse for an ass.  >:(

Yes, I am a beach bum, and proud of it.  Love my hammock.  Love the ocean. 

All this because the movie sucked?  A movie based on a novel??  Geeze.   ::)

They'd have to kick my wife's butt too, because she hated it.  In fact, we were both upset because it took us three nights to finish it, including staying up till after midnight.  When it ended I said:  "I can't believe I stayed up till [checking watch] 12:40 to watch this stupid movie."  Wife:  "It was dumber than stupid."   :)

Spike Lee's last movie, which I think was Inside Man, was head and shoulders better than this one.  Very interesting beginning and all downhill from there. 

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 09:15:40 PM »
Yeah, I just saw it last weekend.  Pretty bad.  Whomever edited the film should be fired.  It had some promises (buffalo soldiers, war in Italy, etc.) but muddled to many other things to flow smoothly.  Wouldn't recommend it:  3/10

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 08:34:30 AM »

It sucked and in no way should be in the same sentance as Saving Private Ryan. What does ur relatives having served have anything to do with this film. Why because they're black? I had tons of relatives serving in WW2...there are plenty of horrible ww2 movies. I'm fine with that.  I'm sure Inglorious Bastards by Tarentino will suck, as the trailer looks ridiculous.  Color has nothing to do with it.
L

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 03:15:48 PM »
It sucked and in no way should be in the same sentance as Saving Private Ryan. What does ur relatives having served have anything to do with this film. Why because they're black? I had tons of relatives serving in WW2...there are plenty of horrible ww2 movies. I'm fine with that.  I'm sure Inglorious Bastards by Tarentino will suck, as the trailer looks ridiculous.  Color has nothing to do with it.
You are nothing but a devilish, low-life pale faced piece of shit. I'd personally put a bullet in your head and throw you into the Bronx River.
!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 08:33:11 AM »
Yes, I am a beach bum, and proud of it.  Love my hammock.  Love the ocean. 

All this because the movie sucked?  A movie based on a novel??  Geeze.   ::)

They'd have to kick my wife's butt too, because she hated it.  In fact, we were both upset because it took us three nights to finish it, including staying up till after midnight.  When it ended I said:  "I can't believe I stayed up till [checking watch] 12:40 to watch this stupid movie."  Wife:  "It was dumber than stupid."   :)

Spike Lee's last movie, which I think was Inside Man, was head and shoulders better than this one.  Very interesting beginning and all downhill from there. 

i almost ordered it on Pay per view.   thanks for the heads up.

Why was it so bad?  Why do you guys think it was so bad?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 10:00:33 AM »
You are nothing but a devilish, low-life pale faced piece of shit. I'd personally put a bullet in your head and throw you into the Bronx River.

Hahahhahhaaha...ok Benny..ok. hahaahahaa...yep I am the white devil...hahahah......... wow ;D

Ozmo the pacing was slow and the acting was horrible. The cast sucked. The book makes the main character our to be a monster (as in huge) yet they cast a fat kid. Oh wait Benny....did I tell u I read the book as well....yes sir..I'ss the white devileee.

Anyway....good enough to rent I guess...but it was badly edited as well.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 11:45:55 AM »
Hahaha!  HH6 is da debil.  lol.   :D  Benny is one sick puppy.

I agree with HH6 and SuperNatural.  The opening scenes are very good.  Gets you hooked.  Then it sort of meanders all over the place.  Way too many subtitles.  No clear plot.  After the start of the movie you're waiting for the payoff and what you get almost 2.5 hours later is . . . "what, that's it?"   

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 11:53:05 AM »
Hahahhahhaaha...ok Benny..ok. hahaahahaa...yep I am the white devil...hahahah......... wow ;D

Ozmo the pacing was slow and the acting was horrible. The cast sucked. The book makes the main character our to be a monster (as in huge) yet they cast a fat kid. Oh wait Benny....did I tell u I read the book as well....yes sir..I'ss the white devileee.

Anyway....good enough to rent I guess...but it was badly edited as well.

Thanks HH6.

Its hard to find good WW2 movies or series after Band of Brothers.   ;D

Other notable WW2 movies off the top of my head:

Schindliers list
Enemy at the gates
Letters from Iwa Jima
Tora Tora Tora
Das boot
U-571

I like everything about Valkerye  except Tom Cruise