Author Topic: Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me  (Read 4863 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me
« on: September 10, 2008, 05:34:49 PM »
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/biden-hillary-a.html

September 10, 2008 5:17 PM

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Barack Obama's vice-presidential nominee Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., Wednesday said that Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, might have been a better pick for the position than him.

At a rally in Nashua, New Hampshire, a man in the audience told Biden how glad he was that Obama picked him over Hillary "not because she's a woman, but because look at the things she did in the past."

"Make no mistake about this," Biden responded. "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let’s get that straight. She’s a truly close personal friend, she is qualified to be president of the United States of America, she’s easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America and quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me. But she’s first rate, I mean that sincerely, she’s first rate, so let’s get that straight."

Spokesman Ben Porritt  offered this response from the McCain camp: "Barack Obama’s most important decision of this election and Biden - the candidate he selects - suggests himself that he wasn’t the right man for the job and that Hillary Clinton would have been a better choice. Biden certainly has a credible viewpoint on this."

OzmO

• Getbig V
Re: Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 05:35:35 PM »
You'd think with all his experience he'd know better.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 05:39:29 PM »
The CTer in me says...

If things are close or Obama can't win - will he have biden retire due to personal reasons, and then take on hilary?

Palin would lose a lot of supporters, and more importantly, there wouldn't be enough time for the repubs to remind us of all hilary's flaws.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 05:39:59 PM »
ummmm, so we have not heard Biden speak for the past two weeks and this is the most recent comment?

wth is going on with Biden

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:41:02 PM »
Obama could have won the election the day he selected hillary as a running mate, when the door of oppurtunity opened Maccain selected someone he probably never heard of until after obama made biden his mate.

It's just human nature,women were gonna vote for whoever had the female running mate.

Im not pro hillary but the goal is to win and she gave Obama easy victory.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 05:41:40 PM »
ummmm, so we have not heard Biden speak for the past two weeks

Biden has spoken almost every day.

The media hasn't covered it.  Instead, they're all about lipstick and whatnot.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 05:42:06 PM »
I don't see this as a big deal.

If your bud is better than you at something... You say... yes, he is just as good, maybe even better than me.

So what?

You go for an interview with your pal and you both have great qualifications, but you get it... Does that mean you can't give him props for being good at his job?

I'm confused by why this is "bad".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 05:42:18 PM »
Obama could have won the election the day he selected hillary as a running mate, when the door of oppurtunity opened Maccain selected someone he probably never heard of until after obama made biden his mate.

It's just human nature,women were gonna vote for whoever had the female running mate.

no, the repubs would have had two months to remind us how shady billl's dealings are.

Watch them switch it up last minute.  The ultimate october surprise lol...

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 05:44:10 PM »
Biden has spoken almost every day.

The media hasn't covered it.  Instead, they're all about lipstick and whatnot.

Of course he speaks everyday, media not covering means he has not spoken. Biden has alos refused to become the attack dog against Palin, theyhave spent 2 weeks focusing on Sarah, their campaign is going down the toilet.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 05:45:48 PM »
Of course he speaks everyday, media not covering means he has not spoken. Biden has alos refused to become the attack dog against Palin, theyhave spent 2 weeks focusing on Sarah, their campaign is going down the toilet.

They have to focus on her... She's the only one NOT saying anything and she's the one who's the complete UNKNOWN.

This chick is a farce and the fact that anyone is falling into it is sad.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 05:50:01 PM »
They have to focus on her... She's the only one NOT saying anything and she's the one who's the complete UNKNOWN.

This chick is a farce and the fact that anyone is falling into it is sad.

So when Biden says something, media does not report on it, but when Palin remains silent the media reports on her, excellent

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 05:51:43 PM »
So when Biden says something, media does not report on it, but when Palin remains silent the media reports on her, excellent

Because someone being completely unknown and not answering questions is absolutely unbelievable in this day and age... Especially someone who can potentially be VP of the USA.

The fact everyone is hanging onto her girl hairs while knowing NOTHING about her says a lot more about the followers than anything.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »
Because someone being completely unknown and not answering questions is absolutely unbelievable in this day and age... Especially someone who can potentially be VP of the USA.

The fact everyone is hanging onto her #### hairs while knowing NOTHING about her says a lot more about the followers than anything.

Are you talking about people not knowing about Obama's connections with Ayers and company as unbelievable or a Hockey mom's connections? haha

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 05:56:41 PM »
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/biden-hillary-a.html

September 10, 2008 5:17 PM

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Barack Obama's vice-presidential nominee Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., Wednesday said that Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, might have been a better pick for the position than him.

At a rally in Nashua, New Hampshire, a man in the audience told Biden how glad he was that Obama picked him over Hillary "not because she's a woman, but because look at the things she did in the past."

"Make no mistake about this," Biden responded. "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let’s get that straight. She’s a truly close personal friend, she is qualified to be president of the United States of America, she’s easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America and quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me. But she’s first rate, I mean that sincerely, she’s first rate, so let’s get that straight."

Spokesman Ben Porritt  offered this response from the McCain camp: "Barack Obama’s most important decision of this election and Biden - the candidate he selects - suggests himself that he wasn’t the right man for the job and that Hillary Clinton would have been a better choice. Biden certainly has a credible viewpoint on this."

I love it.   :)  Spin away . . . .

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 06:52:55 PM »
What's there to spin?

That has to be one of the worse blunders in presidential race history.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 06:56:55 PM »
Are you talking about people not knowing about Obama's connections with Ayers and company as unbelievable or a Hockey mom's connections? haha

I'm pretty sure it's the Hockey mom who won't answer any questions.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 07:24:58 PM »
i can see it now......

At the VP debate:

Mr Biden:  "Do you feel you are the best candidate for the VP and why?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 07:35:28 PM »
interesting... this will take lipstick out of the news ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 10:59:31 PM »
What's there to spin?

That has to be one of the worse blunders in presidential race history.

Oh I'm sure they'll try and spin it someway.  Biden is constantly putting his foot in his mouth.  There is a reason he was never a serious candidate in field full of duds. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 11:32:20 PM »
interesting... this will take lipstick out of the news ;)

yeah if we are lucky, lipstick thing needs to go away...like yesterday

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 05:20:40 AM »
I’m sure that line went over well with the PUMAs.

How do you go on the campaign trail and say that you are NOT the best candidate for the office which you seek? That is just plain DUMB!!!

Furthermore, why isn’t Biden coming to Obama’s aid? He’s supposed to handle stuff like this, especially regarding Palin. He’s supposed to have Obama’s back.

Instead, it seems the Dems are just standing by and watching Obama get beat up. And, that stupid statement by the congresswoman from South Carolina didn’t help matters, either.

McCain has been free to re-establish his maverick image and appeal to independents, because everyone else (including Obama) has been so stuck on Palin.

I still can’t believe it. If you had told anyone a few weeks ago, that a woman would be DOMINATING the political headlines, stealing the spotlight, and basically setting the country’s campaign on fire, but that woman would NOT be Hilary Clinton, most people would have suggested you checked into rehab.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 07:07:56 AM »
HEHEHEHE!!

Even Biden admits that Obama can't even make simple decisions.  How can anyone vote for Barack? How can he be trusted with making decisions regarding our nation when he can't even make the right decision regarding his running mate?

Democrats are just shooting themselves on the foot everyday. Unbelievable.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 07:47:04 AM »
HEHEHEHE!!

Even Biden admits that Obama can't even make simple decisions.  How can anyone vote for Barack? How can he be trusted with making decisions regarding our nation when he can't even make the right decision regarding his running mate?

Democrats are just shooting themselves on the foot everyday. Unbelievable.

I see the rationale for his not picking Hilary Clinton. Her personality clashes with his, plus you have the added baggage of Bill Clinton. Obama's supposed to be the primary focus, something that would not happen with Hilary on the ticket.

It's not as if Obama made a BAD choice, per se, in terms of his picking Biden. It's just goes to show you just how much impact Sarah Palin has made. Had McCain picked Romney, Pawlenty, Ridge, or Lieberman, we would be talking about his magnificent speech, the 75,000 people in Mile High, the energy, the aura, and the political phenomenom of Barack Obama.

But, with one fell swoop, McCain has snatched that from him (or at least, Obama's monopoly on such) by choosing Sarah Palin. It's come to the point where Obama is almost whining about Team McCain stealing his "change" moniker and message.

The bottom line is this: The country has caught Palin fever, and if Obama doesn't find the antidote (and find it QUICKLY), Obama's words, much to his chagrin, will come true. McCain will be just like Bush; he will be PRESIDENT of the United States.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 07:50:15 AM »
of course.  i think that may be a backup plan.  if he's losing in the final weeks. have biden back out for personal reasons, and put clinton on the ticket as VP.

think about it.  the far-right wouldn't have time to bash hilary in the press for all her luggage and bill's connections and issues.  Instead, it'd be "Hi shallow idiot women voters who only select a candidate based on sex organs - I came to my senses"

And a lot of Palin voters would jump right to his bandwagon.  It's entirely possible.

*oooh i just noticed Intrade.com has a 7.6% chance of Biden being pulled from ticket  Looks like others are thinking this way also...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 08:00:30 AM »
McCain would have to run just one ad..showing Barack annouching Biden, then Biden quiting, then annouching Clinton, along with all the bashing the two have done to each other....then run a crawl or word block asking or questioning his judgement. That would be the end of that.
L