Author Topic: Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me  (Read 4856 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 08:03:54 AM »
McCain would have to run just one ad..showing Barack annouching Biden, then Biden quiting, then annouching Clinton, along with all the bashing the two have done to each other....then run a crawl or word block asking or questioning his judgement. That would be the end of that.
really?you had millions of women simply change their vote (as polls show this week) because one of the candidates now has a vagina, even if she doesn't match their core beliefs.if the savior of 18 million voters suddenly arrived on the ticket with a smile, what happens?  a few jump back dude.Odd timing that obama is meeting Bill today.  with intrade.com now floating it, and the lib boards abuzz with it, you know it's in slick willy's mind...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 08:10:37 AM »
Sure....but it shows how really indecisive he is.....he should have done it from the get go no doubt about it. He might have a small window to get away with it but i doubt it.
L

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 08:14:18 AM »
I see the rationale for his not picking Hilary Clinton. Her personality clashes with his, plus you have the added baggage of Bill Clinton. Obama's supposed to be the primary focus, something that would not happen with Hilary on the ticket.

He made a bad choice because he talks about Change, CHANGE, C H A N G E, yet he chooses a career politician who has been involved in politics since he was 31 years old.  Politically older than McCain is, yet seldom if ever, did Biden ever go against his party on anything. At least McCain has that going for him.

Everyone knows Barack would have been better off selecting Hillary. Even if he had to share the spotlight, this race would be essentially over by now. Wouldn't it have been great if Barack had elected Hillary and made the Democrats the first party to sent the very first female VP to the White House? That would have been a great CHANGE.

Then again, maybe Hillary wouldn't have accepted. She probably sees anything less than the presidency as a failure for her. Who knows.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 08:16:17 AM »
really?you had millions of women simply change their vote (as polls show this week) because one of the candidates now has a vagina, even if she doesn't match their core beliefs.if the savior of 18 million voters suddenly arrived on the ticket with a smile, what happens?  a few jump back dude.Odd timing that obama is meeting Bill today.  with intrade.com now floating it, and the lib boards abuzz with it, you know it's in slick willy's mind...

Exactly where did he make this claim that all of the Hilary supporters would jump to McCain, just because of Palin?

of course.  i think that may be a backup plan.  if he's losing in the final weeks. have biden back out for personal reasons, and put clinton on the ticket as VP.

think about it.  the far-right wouldn't have time to bash hilary in the press for all her luggage and bill's connections and issues.  Instead, it'd be "Hi shallow idiot women voters who only select a candidate based on sex organs - I came to my senses"

And a lot of Palin voters would jump right to his bandwagon.  It's entirely possible.

*oooh i just noticed Intrade.com has a 7.6% chance of Biden being pulled from ticket  Looks like others are thinking this way also...

Now, there's a great way to show strength for Obama: Basically ignore the Clintons, when he's winning; go groveling to the Clintons to save his behind, once he starts losing.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 08:17:41 AM »
Which illustrates several points that McCain and company will jump on.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 08:20:18 AM »
Sure....but it shows how really indecisive he is.....he should have done it from the get go no doubt about it. He might have a small window to get away with it but i doubt it.

they can just lie, cite some biden personal issue or health problem.

only the CTers will believe it's a ploy to save the elction, no matter how obvious it'll be.  without evidence contrary, you'll just be a CTer.

and even with some having that perception, it wouldn't matter.  those hilary voters 'settling' for mccain would pee their pants with glee to vote hil.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 08:25:37 AM »
CT'er's. Give me a break, if he dumps Biden he's done. It would be atleast a weeik before he could gain any positive media traction with it. The election is to close at this point. The debates are coming up and I'm sorry, Pallin and Clinton on the same stage......it would be a cat fight and people always side with the hot chick in a cat fight.
L

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 08:31:51 AM »
He made a bad choice because he talks about Change, CHANGE, C H A N G E, yet he chooses a career politician who has been involved in politics since he was 31 years old.  Politically older than McCain is, yet seldom if ever, did Biden ever go against his party on anything. At least McCain has that going for him.

Everyone knows Barack would have been better off selecting Hillary. Even if he had to share the spotlight, this race would be essentially over by now. Wouldn't it have been great if Barack had elected Hillary and made the Democrats the first party to sent the very first female VP to the White House? That would have been a great CHANGE.

Then again, maybe Hillary wouldn't have accepted. She probably sees anything less than the presidency as a failure for her. Who knows.

I used to joke that, if I'm Obama, I don't want the Clintons behind me if I'm going down a flight of stairs.

The simple fact is such a move would show the ULTIMATE sign of weakness, making Obama look like a political punk.

they can just lie, cite some biden personal issue or health problem.

only the CTers will believe it's a ploy to save the elction, no matter how obvious it'll be.  without evidence contrary, you'll just be a CTer.

and even with some having that perception, it wouldn't matter.  those hilary voters 'settling' for mccain would pee their pants with glee to vote hil.

Oh really!! Has it ever occured to you that there are a number of female voters, who see in Palin, many of the great qualities in Hilary WITHOUT many of the hiccups?

The Dems were counting on the celebrity of Obama and/or Hilary, combined with the lack of enthusiam of the GOP, as it relates to McCain. One "hockey mom" later, the picture has changed. Palin wasn't picked simply because, she's a woman. She's a solid conservative.

And, unless you missed it, McCain is gaining ground with independents. If one "hockey mom"-turned-Governor can turn the once-ultra-confident Obama/Biden ticket, into a bunch of sniveling, self-doubting babies, maybe Obama isn't ready to lead this country, after all.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 08:33:30 AM »
Palin probably looks like a FEMALE VP without all the Hillary baggage to most.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 09:02:12 AM »

just last night on O'Reilly he said he is now for Nuclear Energy, haha, he's been for it and against it about 4 times now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 09:11:08 AM »
palin will be owned by world leaders.  she'll crack under pressure.jeez, 18 months as governor, over half of which she worked form home.  worse atendance record than obama.  couple of lousy candidates we have running.  you are allowed to admit that both she and obama are underqualified.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2008, 10:05:47 AM »
just last night on O'Reilly he said he is now for Nuclear Energy, haha, he's been for it and against it about 4 times now.

His website has stated he's for Nuclear energy for quite some time now.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008, 10:08:02 AM »
#1- We need to hear from Palin now.  I think she has been wise to let the media stew for a week or so while the left hurled ridiculous insults...but now, we need to hear some specifics from her.  She may or may not be qualified IMO.  I see the excitement, but now is the time to step up.

I think there are a lot of independent and conservative women in the country, who we usually don't hear from politically, that are going to bat for Palin because they see similarities to themself.  We have a lot of outspoken liberal women in politics but less conservative women.  I think we are seeing many of these women around the country, who may have stayed out of politics, now rallying for Palin.  She may win this election for McCain.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2008, 10:08:40 AM »

You know polls only call land lines right?

How many under 30 people in this country even own a land line anymore?

Believe me when I tell you that the under 30 crowd is sorely misrepresented in this poll. When the booths close, Obama will be The President of the United States and it will be because of the youth vote.

That is all.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 10:10:15 AM »
Biden's public reply was a great example of him putting his foot in his mouth.  Hillary is a very capable politician, I agree, but never admit someone may have been a better choice.  Its a huge blunder that should make fringe supporters nervous.

Obama was in a tough position, nominate Hillary and win the election....but then you have 2 (or 3) presidents in the white house.  I think Obama likes when the attention is on him.  He is incredibly ambitious, which was well documented in the CNN biography.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2008, 10:11:42 AM »
Obama has spoke several times about being reserved about nuclear energy because of the waste issue.  Seems his focus was always on alternative fuels.  If he is now solidly backing expanding nuclear, then good for him, because its wise....but it is a change of some degree.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2008, 10:20:38 AM »
You know polls only call land lines right?
How many under 30 people in this country even own a land line anymore?

Brutal truth.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2008, 10:30:36 AM »

Goodness!!! I guess all it takes to get the real scoop on what Obama's all about is putting him on the O'Reilly factor.

palin will be owned by world leaders.  she'll crack under pressure.jeez, 18 months as governor, over half of which she worked form home.  worse atendance record than obama.  couple of lousy candidates we have running.  you are allowed to admit that both she and obama are underqualified.

Obama's cracking under the pressure, and he hasn't even been elected, yet. You do realize that Palin is #2 on the GOP ticket.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2008, 10:32:52 AM »
You do realize that Palin is #2 on the GOP ticket.

you do realize mccain is 72, has had 4 bouts of cancer, and is about to enter the most stressful job on earth?

plus the VP usually runs again, and she likely would run for the main job in 2012 (against hilary, oddly)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2008, 10:36:41 AM »
you do realize mccain is 72, has had 4 bouts of cancer, and is about to enter the most stressful job on earth?

plus the VP usually runs again, and she likely would run for the main job in 2012 (against hilary, oddly)

1 in 3 chance that he dies in office.

1 in 3.

If you had a 1 in 3 chance to win the lottery, you'd play that guy wouldn't you?

Or if you had a 1 in 3 chance of dying if you left the house in the next 5 minutes, you may wait 10 minutes before leaving right?

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 11:03:31 AM »
Obama's cracking under the pressure, and he hasn't even been elected, yet. You do realize that Palin is #2 on the GOP ticket.

No he's not.

Like the rest of us Americans he's shocked that the Republicans have sunk to a new low to get votes.

Just think about this scenario, if McCain wins.

McCain, gets sick. Then Hockey Mom Palin is running the country in between breast feeding her baby.

This country is so fucked.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »
He's not crackling under pressure nor is he shocked.

He's simply losing the battle at the moment.

He better do something pretty soon.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 11:17:32 AM »

the world is high on palin.  they'll tire of it when she starts to look ordinary.  Just like Rev wright (He's ruined - it's over - lights out!) this shit is temporary. 

He was laughing on letterman about the pig comment.  He seems to have a relaxed grittiness that both kerry and gore lacked.  Both of them would have been up there apologizing for anyone offended.  Instead obama just laughed it off. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2008, 11:21:29 AM »

Definitely losing.  I don't think it will get better for him.  His major speech opportunities are gone (race and convention speeches).  He has three debates and he doesn't debate nearly as well as he gives speeches.  Biden will probably make another five dumb comments before the election. 

He needs some kind of October surprise. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 11:25:10 AM »
the world is high on palin.  they'll tire of it when she starts to look ordinary.  Just like Rev wright (He's ruined - it's over - lights out!) this shit is temporary. 

He was laughing on letterman about the pig comment.  He seems to have a relaxed grittiness that both kerry and gore lacked.  Both of them would have been up there apologizing for anyone offended.  Instead obama just laughed it off. 

Exactly... He should have looked into the camera and said "Welcome to the big leagues."

Republicans have turned into bitches.