Author Topic: She's getting fatter, but is Dana Jacobson more hittable now?  (Read 43346 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
She's getting fatter, but is Dana Jacobson more hittable now?
« on: September 11, 2008, 07:53:09 AM »

Voices: ESPN's new sport: Christian bashing

JAN 31

Over the last few weeks a struggle has played itself out between religious conservatives and the corporate leadership of ABC-owned ESPN. Dana Jacobson, anchor of ESPN’s “First Take,” let go a drunken blue streak at a bawdy roast for Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic of ESPN’s popular “Mike & Mike in the Morning” radio show. For people of the Christian faith, it would be hard to imagine anything worse than what Jacobson reportedly said: “f-ck Notre Dame,” “f-ck Touchdown Jesus” (referring to a mural at Notre Dame) and, finally, “f-ck Jesus.” ESPN suspended Jacobson for one week without pay. After a hollow apology, she is back on the air. When confronted with the fact that other celebrities, such as Don Imus, have been taken off the air for months for similar offenses, ESPN is recalcitrant. They will not discuss punishing Jacobson further.

The lesson learned from this episode is one conservative Christians have come to expect — there is one standard for offending Christians and another for all other groups. ESPN disputes Jacobson’s exact words, but will not deny she said them or something similar. ESPN argues Jacobson’s comments were directed against Notre Dame’s football program. So if Jacobson had attacked the football program at Grambling State University, a black college, by cursing Martin Luther King Jr., would she still have her job?

For Christians of all races this is the most egregious kind of offense because Jesus Christ is the object of their devotion as their Divine Savior. ESPN just does not understand that religious convictions are as profound as racial identity, or more so. Her intoxication is supposed to mitigate her words, but this did not help Mel Gibson’s plight when he made his anti-Semitic comments to police. But it was a roast, one might say, and everyone knows that a roast can get raunchy. Why did ESPN allow itself to be associated with such suspect activities? And when did the shocking, the obscene and the vulgar replace wit, subtlety and class? Apparently, no one told Jacobson that the person getting roasted was not Jesus. What’s the lesson here? Perhaps we need return to a culture of respect for all employees, not just the cool, naughty ones. Here are some simple tests for moral clarity: Would your mother, wife or daughter slap you for having brought her to such an event? Would you as a child have gotten your mouth washed out with soap for such language? In the future, let “Mike & Mike” be roasted by their friends in an appropriate venue, like a middle-school playground or a seedy bar, but let the corporate-sponsored Christian-bashing end.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
Re: She's getting fatter, but is Dana Jacobson more hittable now?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 08:00:13 AM »
Not enough alcohol in the world to bang that BIG bitch.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 08:01:50 AM »
she just spilled over.  she'll be top 6 O with that waistline, no doubt.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 08:02:34 AM »
Christians can't take a fucking joke.  It was a "Roast."  Do they know what a fucking Roast entails.  Ponderous.  Simply ponderous.

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 08:09:07 AM »
She looks kind of good from the face, but her body is to fat ;D

TPSRPBBW-fan1

• Getbig II
  • Liberal is not a bad word
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:16:26 AM »

Voices: ESPN's new sport: Christian bashing

JAN 31

Over the last few weeks a struggle has played itself out between religious conservatives and the corporate leadership of ABC-owned ESPN. Dana Jacobson, anchor of ESPN’s “First Take,” let go a drunken blue streak at a bawdy roast for Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic of ESPN’s popular “Mike & Mike in the Morning” radio show. For people of the Christian faith, it would be hard to imagine anything worse than what Jacobson reportedly said: “f-ck Notre Dame,” “f-ck Touchdown Jesus” (referring to a mural at Notre Dame) and, finally, “f-ck Jesus.” ESPN suspended Jacobson for one week without pay. After a hollow apology, she is back on the air. When confronted with the fact that other celebrities, such as Don Imus, have been taken off the air for months for similar offenses, ESPN is recalcitrant. They will not discuss punishing Jacobson further.

The lesson learned from this episode is one conservative Christians have come to expect — there is one standard for offending Christians and another for all other groups. ESPN disputes Jacobson’s exact words, but will not deny she said them or something similar. ESPN argues Jacobson’s comments were directed against Notre Dame’s football program. So if Jacobson had attacked the football program at Grambling State University, a black college, by cursing Martin Luther King Jr., would she still have her job?

For Christians of all races this is the most egregious kind of offense because Jesus Christ is the object of their devotion as their Divine Savior. ESPN just does not understand that religious convictions are as profound as racial identity, or more so. Her intoxication is supposed to mitigate her words, but this did not help Mel Gibson’s plight when he made his anti-Semitic comments to police. But it was a roast, one might say, and everyone knows that a roast can get raunchy. Why did ESPN allow itself to be associated with such suspect activities? And when did the shocking, the obscene and the vulgar replace wit, subtlety and class? Apparently, no one told Jacobson that the person getting roasted was not Jesus. What’s the lesson here? Perhaps we need return to a culture of respect for all employees, not just the cool, naughty ones. Here are some simple tests for moral clarity: Would your mother, wife or daughter slap you for having brought her to such an event? Would you as a child have gotten your mouth washed out with soap for such language? In the future, let “Mike & Mike” be roasted by their friends in an appropriate venue, like a middle-school playground or a seedy bar, but let the corporate-sponsored Christian-bashing end.

keep this junk out of here, christians haven't been bashed for thousands of years because they were the majority, now you're trying to compare yourself to blacks?  don't even dare.  when there's a time or place that christians are the underdog, that'll be the same day that jay cutler's a 99 pound weakling. wah wah wah, you turn a cheek when blacks, jews, hispanics, muslims and other non-christian cultures are bashed every day, but yet when the poor defenseless christians are bashed as a byproduct of some news reporters hate for Notre Dame, which is always known as a pretentious school, then you cry wolf.

It just makes me sick.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 08:17:26 AM »
Need a pic of the booty before i make up my mind.
Q

TPSRPBBW-fan1

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 08:17:56 AM »
not a personal attack, just an attack to whatever publication shat out that article

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 08:20:30 AM »
keep this junk out of here, christians haven't been bashed for thousands of years because they were the majority, now you're trying to compare yourself to blacks?  don't even dare.  when there's a time or place that christians are the underdog, that'll be the same day that jay cutler's a 99 pound weakling. wah wah wah, you turn a cheek when blacks, jews, hispanics, muslims and other non-christian cultures are bashed every day, but yet when the poor defenseless christians are bashed as a byproduct of some news reporters hate for Notre Dame, which is always known as a pretentious school, then you cry wolf.

It just makes me sick.

did you vomit or have diareah?

TPSRPBBW-fan1

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 08:25:09 AM »
3,000 years of beautiful history from moses to sandy kofax shoved aside so a conservative magazine can cry crocodile tears puts some strain on the stomach.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 08:31:36 AM »
3,000 years of beautiful history from moses to sandy kofax shoved aside so a conservative magazine can cry crocodile tears puts some strain on the stomach.

dry heave?

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 08:33:47 AM »
I actually hung out with her a couple months ago out in Santa Monica.  She was cool.  Didn't even realize it was her till like an hour in. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 08:44:00 AM »

Brilliant post! 

You sure you're new?? 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 08:46:03 AM »
I actually hung out with her a couple months ago out in Santa Monica.  She was cool.  Didn't even realize it was her till like an hour in. 

Was she 'thick' or fat then?

Back in the day, I always gave her a pass for being thick.  She was just one of those big ol' Michigan girls who developed a big, thick ass from eating potatoes and shoveling snow. 

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 08:48:08 AM »
Was she 'thick' or fat then?

Back in the day, I always gave her a pass for being thick.  She was just one of those big ol' Michigan girls who developed a big, thick ass from eating potatoes and shoveling snow. 
She was thick.  She's strong as hell too.  She arm wrestled my brother.  He beat her, but she put up a pretty good fight.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 09:52:01 AM »
She was thick.  She's strong as hell too.  She arm wrestled my brother.  He beat her, but she put up a pretty good fight.

PM me her phone number.

Thanks!    ;D

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 10:22:56 AM »
PM me her phone number.

Thanks!    ;D

haha.  She actually gave my brother her phone number.  Her parents live about 2 minutes from me.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 10:28:16 AM »
Christians can't take a fucking joke.  It was a "Roast."  Do they know what a fucking Roast entails.  Ponderous.  Simply ponderous.
Casey Kasem? Is that you, buddy?  ;)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 10:47:59 AM »
haha.  She actually gave my brother her phone number.  Her parents live about 2 minutes from me.

Ok, you're my new drinking buddy!   :D

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 11:05:27 AM »
Casey Kasem? Is that you, buddy?  ;)

wink

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 11:08:13 AM »
how come she is called dana and is a she and dana white is a he?
Z

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 11:27:33 AM »
how come she is called dana and is a she and dana white is a he?

Now you know why Dana White had to get into fighting.

I've heard that guys named 'Lauren' are pretty good fighters, too.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »
cause i'm the sumbitch that named you sue.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 11:34:54 AM »

It just makes me sick.

you obviously have no grasp of world history other than what is shown to you on tv.  christians have had their times of persecution like just about every other religion.  they are just not spoken of because americans dont like to think past the tip of their own nose.  do you think the world started at world war II?

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 11:52:12 AM »
A little too wide where the pin fits.