Author Topic: A reminder of Obama’s compassion…for jihadists  (Read 888 times)

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
A reminder of Obama’s compassion…for jihadists
« on: September 11, 2008, 08:57:39 AM »
 :-[

In one of the “very serious” articles about Mr. Obama, called “Making It,” in the current issue of The New Yorker we are treated to his response to 9/11 as published in the September 19th 2001 edition of the Hyde Park Herald:

Even as I hope for some measure of peace and comfort to the bereaved families, I must also hope that we as a nation draw some measure of wisdom from this tragedy. Certain immediate lessons are clear, and we must act upon those lessons decisively. We need to step up security at our airports. We must reexamine the effectiveness of our intelligence networks. And we must be resolute in identifying the perpetrators of these heinous acts and dismantling their organizations of destruction.

We must also engage, however, in the more difficult task of understanding the sources of such madness. The essence of this tragedy, it seems to me, derives from a fundamental absence of empathy on the part of the attackers: an inability to imagine, or connect with, the humanity and suffering of others. Such a failure of empathy, such numbness to the pain of a child or the desperation of a parent, is not innate; nor, history tells us, is it unique to a particular culture, religion, or ethnicity. It may find expression in a particular brand of violence, and may be channeled by particular demagogues or fanatics. Most often, though, it grows out of a climate of poverty and ignorance, helplessness and despair.

We will have to make sure, despite our rage, that any U.S. military action takes into account the lives of innocent civilians abroad. We will have to be unwavering in opposing bigotry or discrimination directed against neighbors and friends of Middle Eastern descent. Finally, we will have to devote far more attention to the monumental task of raising the hopes and prospects of embittered children across the globe—children not just in the Middle East, but also in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe and within our own shores.

“Empathy” would appear to be Mr. Obama’s watchword when it comes to talking about 9/11.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/07/21/080721fa_fact_lizza?currentPage=all

W

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: A reminder of Obama’s compassion…for jihadists
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 08:58:37 AM »
Oooh, concern for innocent civilians. How terrible!!!!!!!!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:06:29 AM »
We just lost 3000 of our own.....I cared less for them then, or now. Obama as usual missed the point.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 09:06:48 AM »

We will have to make sure, despite our rage, that any U.S. military action takes into account the lives of innocent civilians abroad.

“Empathy” would appear to be Mr. Obama’s watchword when it comes to talking about 9/11.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/07/21/080721fa_fact_lizza?currentPage=all

What's wrong with being concerned about harming innocent civilians?   ???

Are we no better then the terrorists in this regard?

And what lame ploy to single out that line and make it Obama's "watchword"

Anyone who can't see right through that is pretty fvcking stupid.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 09:08:28 AM »
We just lost 3000 of our own.....I cared less for them then, or now. Obama as usual missed the point.

I don't think killing other innocent people is justified in any situation.

And if we have the power to avoid it we, as the better, should always take that option.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 09:12:08 AM »
:-[

In one of the “very serious” articles about Mr. Obama, called “Making It,” in the current issue of The New Yorker we are treated to his response to 9/11 as published in the September 19th 2001 edition of the Hyde Park Herald:

Even as I hope for some measure of peace and comfort to the bereaved families, I must also hope that we as a nation draw some measure of wisdom from this tragedy. Certain immediate lessons are clear, and we must act upon those lessons decisively. We need to step up security at our airports. We must reexamine the effectiveness of our intelligence networks. And we must be resolute in identifying the perpetrators of these heinous acts and dismantling their organizations of destruction.

We must also engage, however, in the more difficult task of understanding the sources of such madness. The essence of this tragedy, it seems to me, derives from a fundamental absence of empathy on the part of the attackers: an inability to imagine, or connect with, the humanity and suffering of others. Such a failure of empathy, such numbness to the pain of a child or the desperation of a parent, is not innate; nor, history tells us, is it unique to a particular culture, religion, or ethnicity. It may find expression in a particular brand of violence, and may be channeled by particular demagogues or fanatics. Most often, though, it grows out of a climate of poverty and ignorance, helplessness and despair.

We will have to make sure, despite our rage, that any U.S. military action takes into account the lives of innocent civilians abroad. We will have to be unwavering in opposing bigotry or discrimination directed against neighbors and friends of Middle Eastern descent. Finally, we will have to devote far more attention to the monumental task of raising the hopes and prospects of embittered children across the globe—children not just in the Middle East, but also in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe and within our own shores.

Dude, even the title of the thread is straight crap. 

I'm not voting for Obama.  But man, com on.  WTH?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 09:15:46 AM »
I don't think killing other innocent people is justified in any situation.

And if we have the power to avoid it we, as the better, should always take that option.

We did, as much as we could.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 09:18:52 AM »
We did, as much as we could.

So then what's wrong with Obama's statement?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 09:19:43 AM »
So then what's wrong with Obama's statement?

it's what's wrong with HH6's brain that's the real issue.  :-\

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 09:21:03 AM »

Dude civilians...thats like me being from Oklahoma and not liking anyone from Michigan because of Timothy Mcwhatever his name is...dude you missed the point...you cant blame a nation for what a hand full...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 09:22:52 AM »

I swear you are sounding like a stupid ass and its making me sick and weep that a person like you was able to serve along side my older bro...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 09:24:50 AM »
Calmus...US AID needs all the help they can get. Give up ur job and go work for them if u love the down trodden ragheads so much.  Obama can whine all he wants for these people. He should be more concerned for his fellow Americans first.

Hey Mal and the rest.....how many orphanages have u visited, how many shoe and clothes drops have u done, How many schools have u brought supplies too...food...water...sco ccer balls. My guess would be none. I have...and I still don't like these people.
L

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 09:35:29 AM »
Calmus...US AID needs all the help they can get. Give up ur job and go work for them if u love the down trodden ragheads so much.  Obama can whine all he wants for these people. He should be more concerned for his fellow Americans first.

Hey Mal and the rest.....how many orphanages have u visited, how many shoe and clothes drops have u done, How many schools have u brought supplies too...food...water...sco ccer balls. My guess would be none. I have...and I still don't like these people.

U would be wrong...i dont go to orphanages but i do volunteer at soup kitchens and homless shelters through out the yeat. Lend my services for free and no credit towards school at innercity high school football games as the  athletic trainer because they cant afford them. When im not training im paying (yes money out of my pocket) to coach inner city schools that no one wants to help..Son...bring up the Pigford name around the LA, Atlanta, or Puerto Rico and all you will hear is helping the less fortunate and community service...And thats before my sisters money and fame. We have been doing this as a family for as long as i could walk jack...Dont speak on shit you dont know chief

Im talking about how Obama said "we need to do what we can to avoid harm to INNOCENT civilians" and you jump along with mighty mouse because of it..

What the fuck is wrong with you mentally. You make me sick with punk ass party politics. Grow a pair and vote who is better for you and your family. Not no gay ass cliques. Republican Democrat  Liberal Conservative...Humans bitch...how about that party. Fuckin idiot.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 09:36:07 AM »

Come on HH, we attacked them without any provocation.  If ever there were victims, it's the Iraqi civilians.

Concerned?  Like Bush was concerned when he ignored his own generals about the # of troops needed, like when he did the war on the cheap and US charity groups had to hold fundraisers to buy body armor for our soldiers, like Bush's concern for US soldiers by starting the IRaq disaster to begin with.

Where are those WMDs anyways?  Somewhere around Tikrit?  B/c of these fucks at the Bush adm, thousands of good americans have died needlessly.  That, I will never forgive.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »
I still want to know what any of this has to do with Obama wanting not to harm innocent civilians and why that's bad.

Can anyone explain this to me?