Author Topic: How easy is it to panhandle?  (Read 1553 times)

Harley Buckshot

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Dismembered and molested
How easy is it to panhandle?
« on: September 11, 2008, 10:21:47 AM »
a "friend of mine" has been low on money lately, and "he" needs to feed his crack habit. What would you suggest "this friend" do in order to get some money because he cant get a job.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: How easy is it to panhandle?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:24:13 AM »
Lots of pro BBers post here... you should get some good answers.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »
I met an English guy in Europe who had run out of money and was broke on the bones of his ass.  He stole some shoe polish from a supermarket, went to a busy street, painted himself black, and "just started jumping around" (his words).  He did it for three days and had enough to get back to England from Belguim.  I'm not making this up.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 10:28:03 AM »
I met an English guy in Europe who had run out of money and was broke on the bones of his ass.  He stole some shoe polish from a supermarket, went to a busy street, painted himself black, and "just started jumping around" (his words).  He did it for three days and had enough to get back to England from Belguim.  I'm not making this up.
wow i would love to meet him someday
w

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 10:30:55 AM »
wow i would love to meet him someday

I bet you would.

The best part was that he was traveling with a guitar and loved Elvis.  Thought he'd finance himself that way and never made a penny.  Probably went home and burned that guitar.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 10:33:54 AM »
Lots of pro BBers post here... you should get some good answers.

LOL  :D

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 10:35:47 AM »

people gave him money because they were entertained or because they were scared?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 10:50:56 AM »
people gave him money because they were entertained or because they were scared?

I didn't witness the event.  I heard the plan the night before, and got updates from his polished face every evening.  He kept coming back to ask if the kitchen I worked in could spare any lefover food.

He said people would watch him and then chuck some coins in his hat on the ground.  I think it was day 2 when the hat got stolen and he had to use something else. 

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 10:58:07 AM »

reppin203

• Getbig II
  • they all talk fast but they all think slow
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 11:13:02 PM »

Start watching at 2:40