Author Topic: A little scary...  (Read 1553 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
A little scary...
« on: September 11, 2008, 05:41:26 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080911/ap_on_el_pr/palin_interview

Palin leaves open option of war with Russia

FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin left open the option Thursday of waging war with Russia if it were to invade neighboring Georgia and the former Soviet republic were a NATO ally. "We will not repeat a Cold War," Palin said in her first television interview since becoming Republican John McCain's vice presidential running mate two weeks ago.

Palin told Charles Gibson of ABC News that she'd favor including Georgia and Ukraine, both former Soviet republics, in NATO despite opposition by Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. Asked whether the United States would have to go to war with Russia if it invaded Georgia, and the country was part of NATO, Palin said: "Perhaps so."

"I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help," she said.

Pressed on the question, Palin responded: "What I think is that smaller democratic countries that are invaded by a larger power is something for us to be vigilant against ... We have got to show the support, in this case, for Georgia. The support that we can show is economic sanctions perhaps against Russia, if this is what it leads to."

She added: "It doesn't have to lead to war and it doesn't have to lead, as I said, to a Cold War, but economic sanctions, diplomatic pressure, again, counting on our allies to help us do that in this mission of keeping our eye on Russia and Putin and some of his desire to control and to control much more than smaller democratic countries."

Palin spoke the same day Putin insisted that Russia has no intention of encroaching on the sovereignty of Georgia, following a brief war that left Russian troops in firm control of two breakaway regions. Putin also aggressively defended the decision to send troops to Georgia, saying Russia had to act after Georgia attacked South Ossetia last month.

On other matters, Palin said she "didn't hesitate" when McCain asked her to be his running mate, a surprise selection that shook up the presidential race.

"I answered him 'yes' because I have the confidence in that readiness and knowing that you can't blink, you have to be wired in a way of being so committed to the mission, the mission that we're on, reform of this country and victory in the war, you can't blink. So I didn't blink then even when asked to run as his running mate," said the 44-year-old Palin, who has been in office less than two years.

Questioned about whether she felt ready to step in as vice president or perhaps even president if something happened to the 72-year-old McCain, Palin said: "I do, Charlie, and on January 20, when John McCain and I are sworn in, if we are so privileged to be elected to serve this country, we'll be ready. I'm ready."

Gibson also read Palin a comment she made in her former church — "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God" — and asked whether she thought the United States was fighting a holy war.

Palin said she was recalling Abraham Lincoln's words when she made the comment and said: "I would never presume to know God's will or to speak God's words."

She said she didn't know if her son Track who is headed to Iraq was on a mission from God.

"What I know is that my son has made a decision. I am so proud of his independent and strong decision he has made, what he decided to do and serving for the right reasons and serving something greater than himself and not choosing a real easy path where he could be more comfortable and certainly safer," Palin said.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
Re: A little scary...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 07:00:48 PM »
Shows the world the kind of resolve a free society has.  I applaud her opinion on this topic, MILITARY ACTION SHOULD ALWAYS BE ON THE TABLE, ALWAYS

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:09:04 PM »
Shows the world the kind of resolve a free society has.  I applaud her opinion on this topic, MILITARY ACTION SHOULD ALWAYS BE ON THE TABLE, ALWAYS

Fair enough but do you understand that we all lose in a US-Russian war?

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 09:11:01 PM »

That is a possibility.

I would rather fight for freedom than live for communist Russia. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 10:07:06 PM »

How do you figure?

We would SMOKE russia straight up. Couldn't occupy anything, but in battle... no contest.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 10:16:05 PM »

Agreed.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 10:22:27 PM »

You really think we are just going to walk right up and kick Russia's ass?  Haha.  Morons.  Russia has a very large nuclear arsenal.  They are aligned with Iran, ties with China etc.  If we got into it with Russia western Europe's economy would grind to a halt.  Iran would make the middle east a living hell for our troops.  China would most definitely call our bluff financially.  Possibly green light an invasion of Taiwan.  North Korea would most definitly get their sucker punches in somewhere,somehow.  It would not only be all out nuclear war but even if it wasn't America's economy would be destroyed in a matter of hours.  U.S. cities would turn into chaos and fighting, looting, raping, murder etc.  You both would be sitting on your bathroom floor pissing yourselves holding your glock and shotgun! Wondering how where your next meal is going to come from.   

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »
You really think we are just going to walk right up and kick Russia's ass?  Haha.  Morons.  Russia has a very large nuclear arsenal.  They are aligned with Iran, ties with China etc.  If we got into it with Russia western Europe's economy would grind to a halt.  Iran would make the middle east a living hell for our troops.  China would most definitely call our bluff financially.  Possibly green light an invasion of Taiwan.  North Korea would most definitly get their sucker punches in somewhere,somehow.  It would not only be all out nuclear war but even if it wasn't America's economy would be destroyed in a matter of hours.  U.S. cities would turn into chaos and fighting, looting, raping, murder etc.  You both would be sitting on your bathroom floor pissing yourselves holding your glock and shotgun! Wondering how where your next meal is going to come from.   

LMAO...yea we could just kick the shit out of those pussy Russians, rid the world of Iran and China in under 48 hours.

America is that damn good!

Now, pump the brakes speed racer.  We will do WHATEVER we have to. 

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 10:27:33 PM »

That creative writing class is paying off.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 10:29:15 PM »
LMAO...yea we could just kick the shit out of those pussy Russians, rid the world of Iran and China in under 48 hours.

Now, pump the brakes speed racer.  We will so WHATEVER we have to. 

Perhaps this turn of events would help make the US a little more self sufficient. Maybe the EU would get on the right team.

Maybe it would help make us truely independent on the world scale....

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 10:31:02 PM »

Now, pump the brakes speed racer.  We will so WHATEVER we have to. 

You're a class A moron.  The only way we continue to fund the wars we are involved in now is because of our reliance on foreign investment/capital and mostly from countries that aren't exactly "friendly" to our ideals i.e. China.  Russia is right now a pretty self reliant country as far as oil revenue and natural gas revenue.  They could stop selling natural gas to western Europe and cripple their economy overnight.  

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 10:31:56 PM »
Perhaps this turn of events would help make the US a little more self sufficient. Maybe the EU would get on the right team.

Maybe it would help make us truely independent on the world scale....

Good point, perhaps we will find out. 

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 08:26:43 AM »

So how is that different from what I do now?  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 08:58:55 AM »
How do you figure?

We would SMOKE russia straight up. Couldn't occupy anything, but in battle... no contest.

What the fvck are you talking about?  They'd nuke us, we'd nuke them.  We couldn't celebrate because we'd all be dead. 

there is no "no contest" when nuclear powers go to war.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 09:06:23 AM »
What the fvck are you talking about?  They'd nuke us, we'd nuke them.  We couldn't celebrate because we'd all be dead. 

there is no "no contest" when nuclear powers go to war.

Just because you have them doesn't mean you are gonna use them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 09:08:23 AM »

Yes, both sides would use them.  We've been close to nuke exahanges in past years.  in 2000 with that sub exchange... the kirsckh? (spelling) it almost happened.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 09:09:08 AM »

Russia has changed it's military doctrine to include using nukes if attack by conventional means.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 09:30:30 AM »
Russia has changed it's military doctrine to include using nukes if attack by conventional means.

So we should hunker down and pray? Or stand up for ourselves?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 09:40:06 AM »
So we should hunker down and pray? Or stand up for ourselves?

Did I say that? No I responded to the "just because you have nukes doesn't mean you'll use them" comment.

All I've said is no one wins in a war with nukes. & would you really want to win a nuke war? Odds dictate that either way you'll be dead (unless you're some politician or some general hidden in a bunker).

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 09:46:02 AM »
We're not going to war with Russia, give me a break. 240 the Kursk sank.....on its own. China would not get involved...its not even close to their best interest to help either side.
L

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 10:15:05 AM »
with the McCain/ Palin ticket, the chances of major war increase a hundredfold.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 11:06:37 PM »
We're not going to war with Russia, give me a break. 240 the Kursk sank.....on its own. China would not get involved...its not even close to their best interest to help either side.

Haha oh yeah?  What do you think China is going to do when American bonds become junk and we lose our triple A credit rating?  You think they'll keep funneling money into our economy and government?

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 11:10:37 PM »

Obama said the same thing.