Author Topic: Obama will NOT increase taxes for those making less the $250K / yr  (Read 3027 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Obama will NOT increase taxes for those making less the $250K / yr
« on: September 12, 2008, 03:05:47 PM »
Obama will NOT increase taxes for anyone making less than $250, 000 / yr

Obama's Tax Plan

w

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: Obama will NOT increase taxes for those making less the $250K / yr
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 04:17:41 PM »
If the chart posted here is accurately representative of his plan it is incredibly unfair.  I'm not sure if it's accurate though. 

Why is it such a laugh to him that none in the audience are the ones that would get screwed the most?  Those people do exist.

I'm curious if anyone has a link to how he came up w/his plan...I would appreciate looking at that.
R

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 07:37:20 PM »
If the chart posted here is accurately representative of his plan it is incredibly unfair.  I'm not sure if it's accurate though. 

Why is it such a laugh to him that none in the audience are the ones that would get screwed the most?  Those people do exist.

I'm curious if anyone has a link to how he came up w/his plan...I would appreciate looking at that.

Hey Stella, did you scan this from Fortune Magazine?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 08:42:07 PM »
Hey Stella, did you scan this from Fortune Magazine?

If you spent more time reading and less being a troll, you would've known STella got it from a post 240 made.
w

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 08:49:42 PM »
Of course. 240 makes an average of 98 posts a day. He has no life outside of Getbig.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 08:53:09 PM »
If you spent more time reading and less being a troll, you would've known STella got it from a post 240 made.

Don't you have phony gas pills to promote.

Also why is a Canadian making a post about taxes, when you don't them?

I guess if a Canadian is interested in taxes, she would love to hear of FTC advertising laws as well.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 08:55:41 PM »
Canadian=decent stripper. Isn't that you?

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 09:28:40 PM »
He's still raising taxes (mine) and it's still redistribution of wealth.

It's not the direction I want my country to go in.

I'm not voting for him.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 09:32:49 PM »
Getbig posters who make more than $600,000 k a year.

Mindspin
W8lftr
HH6
Top Dog

Wow! We're doing pretty well here.

Sucks to be you.

Maybe you'd make more if you passed your bar exam?  :-\

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 09:34:17 PM »
Sucks to be you.

Sucks to not know how to read a chart.   ::)  You've already told us how much you and your wife make.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 09:36:21 PM »
Sucks to not know how to read a chart.   ::)  You've already told us how much you and your wife make.

Yeah, over 300k.

Didn't Obama say he's raising the capital gains tax?

And regardless of how much I make I still think that raising taxes is wrong and you already know I do not support income taxes.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 09:36:33 PM »
Sucks to be you.

Maybe you'd make more if you passed your bar exam?  :-\

Bump for sticky

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 09:38:40 PM »
Yeah, over 300k.

Didn't Obama say he's raising the capital gains tax?

Nice backtrack.

Is this about the capital gains tax?

He's not raising income taxes for you.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 09:41:25 PM »
Nice backtrack.

Is this about the capital gains tax?

He's not raising income taxes for you.

Not a backtrack at all. Taxes are taxes whether it's income tax, capital gains, whatever.

Besides, it why should it only matter if it's only my taxes that are or are not getting raised? Does it only matter if things affect  you directly?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 09:46:16 PM »

Besides, it why should it only matter if it's only my taxes that are or are not getting raised? Does it only matter if things affect  you directly?

Wow, I didn't know you were such an altruistic individual.  You should be happy to see income redistribution then.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 09:48:21 PM »

Mindspin
W8lftr
HH6  ALthough he claims to be making over six figures in the army.
Top Dog

A lot of senior military officers make close to or just over six figures when their assigned to high cost of living areas.

If their home of record is a state that doesn't charge income tax they make good money when you add in the tax exempt allowances (BAS, BAH, and COLA). On top of that HH6 doesn't pay any income tax when deployed to a war zone.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 09:53:24 PM »
Wow, I didn't know you were such an altruistic individual.  You should be happy to see income redistribution then.

Yeah, I'm completely giddy about income redistribution. As I've stated here countless times I fully support redistribution of wealth and wholeheartedly embrace our current progressive tax system that penalizes hard working Americans for their success.  ::)

Besides, the Obama video makes no reference to the, now infamous, getbig tax chart.

And the man did clearly say that no one making under $250,000 will get a tax increase of any kind - which is fantastic.

That just leaves those making over $250,000. What's Obama going to do to those working families?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 10:01:23 PM »
Yeah, I'm completely giddy about income redistribution. As I've stated here countless times I fully support redistribution of wealth and wholeheartedly embrace our current progressive tax system that penalizes hard working Americans for their success.  ::)

I don't care as much as you do.   Higher taxes are coming whichever candidate is in office. McCain is just having a "read my lips" moment with his promises.

I would like to see more money for a better education system and better health care, and it's got to come from somewhere. Ending the war will provide some, but ambitious programs might require more (who knows what will happen with Congress)

I know people making more than 600k can afford it better than their maids, drivers or cooks can.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 10:09:15 PM »
I don't care as much as you do.   Higher taxes are coming whichever candidate is in office. McCain is just having a "read my lips" moment with his promises.

I would like to see more money for a better education system and better health care, and it's got to come from somewhere. Ending the war will provide some, but ambitious programs might require more (who knows what will happen with Congress)

I know people making more than 600k can afford it better than their maids, drivers or cooks can.

For the record I don't like McCain either. I believe you know that I'm a Ron Paul supporter and believe in the Fair Tax Act and would even be willing to compromise with a flat tax.

Something to keep in mind though. When the the rich (and I don't mean the uber millionaires) start feeling the pinch of a tax increase they will have to cut back on their discretionary spending. That will mean that they may not be able to afford the work on the house they had planned on which means less work for contractors. Maybe they'll have to let a maid, cook, or driver go too.

What affects the "rich" also affects the people they employ.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 10:23:36 PM »
Does anyone have information regarding Obama's position on the Alternative Minimum Tax?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 10:55:20 PM »
For the record I don't like McCain either. I believe you know that I'm a Ron Paul supporter and believe in the Fair Tax Act and would even be willing to compromise with a flat tax.

Something to keep in mind though. When the the rich (and I don't mean the uber millionaires) start feeling the pinch of a tax increase they will have to cut back on their discretionary spending. That will mean that they may not be able to afford the work on the house they had planned on which means less work for contractors. Maybe they'll have to let a maid, cook, or driver go too.

What affects the "rich" also affects the people they employ.

I had this beautiful cartoon. A very wealthy couple were discussing possible cuts to their household budget.

The man explained he had a few business setbacks and suggested that if his wife learned how to cook, they could fire the chef.

She promptly responded with: And if you learned how to fvck, ...we could fire the chauffeur.  ;D

Whos up for some pizza?!!  :P
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 03:01:39 PM »
I had this beautiful cartoon. A very wealthy couple were discussing possible cuts to their household budget.

The man explained he had a few business setbacks and suggested that if his wife learned how to cook, they could fire the chef.

She promptly responded with: And if you learned how to fvck, ...we could fire the chauffeur.  ;D

Whos up for some pizza?!!  :P

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 03:44:10 PM »

Mindspin
W8lftr
HH6  ALthough he claims to be making over six figures in the army.
Top Dog

No I don't I said I would make about that next time I deploy...I do very nicely though....I think it was about the time u said I was poor and in the Army..not realizing that unlike ur income..mine is easily verified on the net.
L