Author Topic: If you choose not to vote.....  (Read 743 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
If you choose not to vote.....
« on: September 12, 2008, 04:31:12 PM »
Some people say that if a person had the opportunity to vote in an election and did not that they have no right to complain in opposition regarding the administration that wins office.

I know a person that does not follow politics at all and in all our favor (imo) does not vote but she also never complains about any current administration.

But it seems like people have a right to free speech.

R

Purge_WTF

Re: If you choose not to vote.....
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 05:18:41 PM »
"Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians," he explained in a routine that challenged all the premises of today's half-a-loaf reformers. "Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here… like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. Fuck Hope.'"

--George Carlin

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 11:13:52 PM »
The Public Sucks. Fuck Hope. --George Carlin

Fucking genius.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 11:26:03 PM »
Some people say that if a person had the opportunity to vote in an election and did not that they have no right to complain in opposition regarding the administration that wins office.

I know a person that does not follow politics at all and in all our favor (imo) does not vote but she also never complains about any current administration.

But it seems like people have a right to free speech.

I don't think people forfeit the right to complain if they don't vote, but those folks do have less credibility when they complain about government. 

Our voter turnout is really pathetic.   :-\

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 11:50:44 PM »
Our voter turnout is really pathetic.   :-\

youre pathetic >:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 11:57:08 PM »

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 07:15:33 AM »
Some people say that if a person had the opportunity to vote in an election and did not that they have no right to complain in opposition regarding the administration that wins office.[...]

I do not vote simply because I do not see my ideals represented in any of the two candidates that have been predefined by someone else as "valid" candidates. As far as I'm concerned my vote, and many Americans feel this way, does not count, hence I do not vote because I do not count.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »
As a minority woman, I feel it is my civic duty to vote.
For all of the men and women who fought to give me that right, not voting from everything from school elections to national elections is a must for me.

Ignoring politics is no reason.  You should know the basics of how your local state and national policies effect you and your life.

If you don't vote, I say shame on you!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 08:11:46 PM »
For all of the men and women who fought to give me that right, not voting from everything from school elections to national elections is a must for me.

Ignoring politics is no reason.  You should know the basics of how your local state and national policies effect you and your life.

Yeah.  I agree. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 09:19:09 PM »

good job
!

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 09:20:38 PM »

Good for you!

I agree 110 percent.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 09:28:55 PM »

Good call.