Author Topic: Fix This : The near impossibility of Fixing a Bodybuilding show.  (Read 5791 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Fix This : The near impossibility of Fixing a Bodybuilding show.
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 05:41:40 AM »
good point.

the result has to get past Uncle Joe/Uncle Ben first.

the judges could have had dorian in third for all we know, but we only see the 'adjusted' score sheets with dorian getting perfect, courtesy of Uncle Joe and Uncle Ben?

that could explain everything.. 8)

You have your excuses thats all you have  ;) now prove it was fixed instead of crying it was fixed

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 05:52:56 AM »
good point.

the result has to get past Uncle Joe/Uncle Ben first.

the judges could have had dorian in third for all we know, but we only see the 'adjusted' score sheets with dorian getting perfect, courtesy of Uncle Joe and Uncle Ben?

that could explain everything.. 8)

;)

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 09:23:34 AM »
To be fair mate, i think Dorians Legacy is more than safe, and the Majority of Dorians peers have respect for what Dorian had done for his time...of course @ THE TIME they competed against him alot of them had negitive stuff to say...thats HUMAN nature no one likes coming second... just as was the case against RONNIE...with Flex in 1999 @ the O outcome, Jay @ the 2001 ) and Kevin in 2002 etc...talk to that same Blokes now and they are pretty much saying Ronnie is the Greatest of all time etc... im thinking mayby its more likely among the BB FANS etc...where opionons are more diverse about WHO was better.  
You're probrably right about Dorians legacy in the long term, but I believe that more people will question more of Dorians wins than any other Mr O for a long time. And just like you just said; a lot of Ronnies peers, whom also competed against Dorian, claim Ron to be the geatest bb and Mr O of all time. When most of your competitors say that, I it holds a lot of weight in the argument of Dorian vs Ronnie which was my point the whole time.
On a side note, that was a nice exchange of opinions without anybody writing "meltdown" or "owning" each other.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2008, 09:30:03 AM »
You're probrably right about Dorians legacy in the long term, but I believe that more people will question more of Dorians wins than any other Mr O for a long time. And just like you just said; a lot of Ronnies peers, whom also competed against Dorian, claim Ron to be the geatest bb and Mr O of all time. When most of your competitors say that, I it holds a lot of weight in the argument of Dorian vs Ronnie which was my point the whole time.
On a side note, that was a nice exchange of opinions without anybody writing "meltdown" or "owning" each other.
dorian's legacy?
what a terrible legacy  >:(

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2008, 09:56:28 AM »

;)

ronnie was not saying he was in 2nd place there

according to ronnie AND YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING HE SAYS he claims he was saying hi to someone in the crowd

i do feel that jay was better than ronnie that night though

E
E

ASJChaotic

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2008, 09:58:02 AM »
ronnie was not saying he was in 2nd place there

according to ronnie AND YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING HE SAYS he claims he was saying hi to someone in the crowd

i do feel that jay was better than ronnie that night though

E
SINCE WHEN is the VICTORY hand signal the signal for #2?   >:(

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2008, 09:59:31 AM »

because ND says so ;)

E
E

ASJChaotic

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2008, 10:03:05 AM »
because ND says so ;)

E
ND also says dorian yates was the best  ::)
the guy has brain issues  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2008, 10:15:39 AM »

What people? the fans? guys who Dorian crushed? what else are they going to say? and I love how you cling to Ronnie's contemporaries as proof of his superiority and dismiss what the man in question says great logic . and FYI contests aren't judged by fellow competitors so any opinion they offer is moot compared to the people who matter the most

Jon Hotten Muscle :
[Coleman's 1998 Olympia victory] was not a definitive win. In 99, Big Ron was lucky to defeat Flex Wheeler again. Levrone thought he'd beaten him twice, in 2000 and 2002. At the 2002 show, Levrone had won both of the evening rounds (a year on, at the Olympia press conference before the 2003 show, Coleman would chide Levrone, asking him, 'When was the last time you beat me?' Levrone replied, 'Last year.'). In 2001, Jay Cutler beat Ronnie in both the first two rounds and lost by four points.

Ronnie Coleman was the most improved bodybuilder , and they should have an award for that but it SHOULDN'T be the overall title. Ronnie Coleman won the Mr Olympia for making the most improvement.

Ronnie does NOT have the complete physique. He has a certain degree of shape and detail but , let's be honest , he has a lot of weaknesses : calves , hamstrings , midsection. He has flaws on his physique that you just can't find on my physique or Flex Wheeler's physique.

Did they even count the posing routine? Ronnie Coleman is never going to be remembered for a posing routine.

The plain truth is that I beat Ronnie last year [2000] and Jay Cutler beat Ronnie this year. You should not win the Mr. Olympia if your stomach is hanging out -- period. Last year, I patted Ronnie's stomach during the posedown to draw attention to the fact that he was bloated. That tactic obviously didn't work, and Ronnie beat me in the posedown to successfully defend his title for a third straight Mr. O triumph.

So now the show rolls around and Jay Cutler beats Ronnie in both prejudging rounds: symmetry and muscularity. Ronnie was spilling over with too much water during the muscularity round, and Cutler took it to him in many of the poses that Coleman usually dominates.

How can Cutler lose this contest if he wins in both symmetry and muscularity? How can Ronnie retain his title if his midsection is bloated and distended? Why should the fans get behind a champion who can't present an aesthetic image of what bodybuilding is supposed to be all about?

I'm talking about classical proportions, perfect symmetry and ideal conditioning. Based on that ideal, I should have won the Sandow in 2000, and Cutler should have taken it in 2001.

The fans deserve better than what they are getting. I'm already working hard to ensure that, in 2002, a true peoples' champ can strip the title away from Ronnie Coleman.

People were questioning Ronnie's wins through out his entire career right from the get go , even at his best he could barely beat Flex Wheeler , Flex thought he won in 1999 , Kevin thought he beat Ron in 2000 and 2002 , Jay 2001 2003 he was incident free 2004 he was a mess and he just barely beat Jay , I mean this is spanning his entire career

bottom line Dorian was a much more dominant bodybuilder without question

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2008, 10:16:30 AM »

No the spin was a peace sign get it right lol Ronnie knows he lost in 2001

ASJChaotic

« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2008, 10:17:51 AM »
No the spin was a peace sign get it right lol Ronnie knows he lost in 2001
peace sign
or victory sign
SURE AS HELL WASN'T A NUMBER 2 sign >:(

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2008, 10:34:32 AM »
peace sign
or victory sign
SURE AS HELL WASN'T A NUMBER 2 sign >:(

how ironic , he knew he lost the prejudging lol

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2008, 11:06:03 AM »
that quote from wayne was from "muscle" ?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2008, 11:06:55 AM »
that quote from wayne was from "muscle" ?

yup

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »
Thats unusual, I dont remember reading this in the book "Muscle".

Ronnie Coleman was the most improved bodybuilder , and they should have an award for that but it SHOULDN'T be the overall title. Ronnie Coleman won the Mr Olympia for making the most improvement.

Ronnie does NOT have the complete physique. He has a certain degree of shape and detail but , let's be honest , he has a lot of weaknesses : calves , hamstrings , midsection. He has flaws on his physique that you just can't find on my physique or Flex Wheeler's physique.

Did they even count the posing routine? Ronnie Coleman is never going to be remembered for a posing routine.

The plain truth is that I beat Ronnie last year [2000] and Jay Cutler beat Ronnie this year. You should not win the Mr. Olympia if your stomach is hanging out -- period. Last year, I patted Ronnie's stomach during the posedown to draw attention to the fact that he was bloated. That tactic obviously didn't work, and Ronnie beat me in the posedown to successfully defend his title for a third straight Mr. O triumph.

So now the show rolls around and Jay Cutler beats Ronnie in both prejudging rounds: symmetry and muscularity. Ronnie was spilling over with too much water during the muscularity round, and Cutler took it to him in many of the poses that Coleman usually dominates.

How can Cutler lose this contest if he wins in both symmetry and muscularity? How can Ronnie retain his title if his midsection is bloated and distended? Why should the fans get behind a champion who can't present an aesthetic image of what bodybuilding is supposed to be all about?

I'm talking about classical proportions, perfect symmetry and ideal conditioning. Based on that ideal, I should have won the Sandow in 2000, and Cutler should have taken it in 2001.

The fans deserve better than what they are getting. I'm already working hard to ensure that, in 2002, a true peoples' champ can strip the title away from Ronnie Coleman.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2008, 11:25:35 AM »
Thats unusual, I dont remember reading this in the book "Muscle".

No that was Levrone from Flex magazine and Shawn Ray

ASJChaotic

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2008, 11:27:52 AM »
No that was Levrone from Flex magazine
levrone  ;D

RC Money

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2008, 03:20:43 PM »
What people? the fans? guys who Dorian crushed? what else are they going to say? and I love how you cling to Ronnie's contemporaries as proof of his superiority and dismiss what the man in question says great logic . and FYI contests aren't judged by fellow competitors so any opinion they offer is moot compared to the people who matter the most

Jon Hotten Muscle :
[Coleman's 1998 Olympia victory] was not a definitive win. In 99, Big Ron was lucky to defeat Flex Wheeler again. Levrone thought he'd beaten him twice, in 2000 and 2002. At the 2002 show, Levrone had won both of the evening rounds (a year on, at the Olympia press conference before the 2003 show, Coleman would chide Levrone, asking him, 'When was the last time you beat me?' Levrone replied, 'Last year.'). In 2001, Jay Cutler beat Ronnie in both the first two rounds and lost by four points.

People were questioning Ronnie's wins through out his entire career right from the get go , even at his best he could barely beat Flex Wheeler , Flex thought he won in 1999 , Kevin thought he beat Ron in 2000 and 2002 , Jay 2001 2003 he was incident free 2004 he was a mess and he just barely beat Jay , I mean this is spanning his entire career

bottom line Dorian was a much more dominant bodybuilder without question
MELTDOWN

Your the only idiot who believes Dorian was better, when all the pros themselves and most of the experts deem Ron the best bb and Mr O of all time, it speaks volumes.
What else are they going to say? Asswipe they were defeated by Ron aswell, why  would they be bitter towards Yates and not Coleman, Jesus Christ you are such a fan boy.
Sure some of Ronnies wins were controversial after all it is a subjective sport, but Ronnie was never a 1/4 arm piece of shit embarassment, something a bodybuilder should never be. People can say that jay might have beat him in 2001 when they were actualy standing relaxed cause in all poses except the abs and thigh Ronnie still smoked him as long as the gut was sucked in, you never see pics of Ronnie getting owned in any actual pose. It could also be argued that when Ronnie beat Flex it was close but again you cant really find a picture of Ron getting owned in 98 & 99 by Flex or even beaten period in 99. Dorian on the other hand looks like shit standing next to guys out of the top 5 in certain poses which makes his "dominance" very questionable, look at any front double bi of him against anyone in 96 and especialy in 97, and as good as his back was he also got embarassed in the rear double bi due to his "worse than a gym rat" arms which also made his most muscular look horrible.
Ronnie had a couple of what most would consider close calls, Dorian had more than a few of what many would see as complete gifts to a man who did not resemble what a body builder should look like. Hence the fact that there are millions of threads on the net questioning most of Yates "wins" and not very many about any of Colemans wins.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2008, 03:29:21 PM »
MELTDOWN

Your the only idiot who believes Dorian was better, when all the pros themselves and most of the experts deem Ron the best bb and Mr O of all time, it speaks volumes.
What else are they going to say? Asswipe they were defeated by Ron aswell, why  would they be bitter towards Yates and not Coleman, Jesus Christ you are such a fan boy.
Sure some of Ronnies wins were controversial after all it is a subjective sport, but Ronnie was never a 1/4 arm piece of shit embarassment, something a bodybuilder should never be. People can say that jay might have beat him in 2001 when they were actualy standing relaxed cause in all poses except the abs and thigh Ronnie still smoked him as long as the gut was sucked in, you never see pics of Ronnie getting owned in any actual pose. It could also be argued that when Ronnie beat Flex it was close but again you cant really find a picture of Ron getting owned in 98 & 99 by Flex or even beaten period in 99. Dorian on the other hand looks like shit standing next to guys out of the top 5 in certain poses which makes his "dominance" very questionable, look at any front double bi of him against anyone in 96 and especialy in 97, and as good as his back was he also got embarassed in the rear double bi due to his "worse than a gym rat" arms which also made his most muscular look horrible.
Ronnie had a couple of what most would consider close calls, Dorian had more than a few of what many would see as complete gifts to a man who did not resemble what a body builder should look like. Hence the fact that there are millions of threads on the net questioning most of Yates "wins" and not very many about any of Colemans wins.

meltdown

when you can learn to articulate yourself I'll entertain your ' opinion ' be gone with this abortion  ;)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2008, 03:32:22 PM »
meltdown

when you can learn to articulate yourself I'll entertain your ' opinion ' be gone with this abortion  ;)
abortion?
are you pro life or pro choice?  >:(

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2008, 03:36:56 PM »
abortion?
are you pro life or pro choice?  >:(

I'm both I have three children so I'm pro-life but I'm pro-choice for people who want to exercise it

ASJChaotic

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2008, 03:38:24 PM »
I'm both I have three children so I'm pro-life but I'm pro-choice for people who want to exercise it
I couldn't care less where you stand I just like busting your balls a little  ;D no hard feelings

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2008, 03:40:38 PM »
I couldn't care less where you stand I just like busting your balls a little  ;D no hard feelings

:)

RC Money

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2008, 03:47:01 PM »
meltdown

HAHAHA, Holy shit man that gave me a good laugh.....you gotta be a homo or at least bi, fuck you are the gayest getbig bitch here, you get tossed around all the time and all you do in response is post "MELTDOWN", LOL with an eye roll, or since you just got owned clain to not need to "entertain" an opinion.
I bet you wanted to be an English teacher but they would not allow a muscle worshiping fag around children.
Log off for a little while and just relaxxx stupiddd it's an internet bb forum  8).

ASJChaotic

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2008, 03:48:46 PM »
HAHAHA, Holy shit man that gave me a good laugh.....you gotta be a homo or at least bi, fuck you are the gayest getbig bitch here, you get tossed around all the time and all you do in response is post "MELTDOWN", LOL with an eye roll, or since you just got owned clain to not need to "entertain" an opinion.
I bet you wanted to be an English teacher but they would not allow a muscle worshiping fag around children.
Log off for a little while and just relaxxx stupiddd it's an internet bb forum  8).

"I don't knock on doors I knock doors down" Flex Wheeler to Kevin Levrone.......right?  :D