Author Topic: Palin Gets Rave Reviews in Alaska, Viewed Favorably by 56% Nationwide  (Read 834 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
The smear campaign doesn't appear to be working. 

Palin Gets Rave Reviews in Alaska, Viewed Favorably by 56% Nationwide
Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is viewed favorably by 72% of voters in her home state, including 56% who hold a Very Favorable opinion of her.

The first Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in Alaska since Palin was selected as the Republican vice presidential nominee found that 68% say she is doing a good or excellent job as Governor. That’s up slightly from 64% who gave her good or excellent marks in July.

However, since she joined the national Republican ticket, 51% of Alaska voters say that Palin is doing an Excellent job as governor. That’s up from 35% in July.

Just 14% now say that Palin is doing a poor job as governor.

(Want a free daily e-mail update on our latest results? Sign up now. If it's in the news, it's in our polls. Get our daily update and we’ll let you know what voters really think.)

Nationally, the woman who was barely known two weeks ago is now viewed favorably by 56% of voters, including 41% with a Very Favorable opinion (demographic crosstabs available for Premium Members).

By way of comparison, the Democratic vice presidential nominee, Senator Joseph Biden of Delaware, is viewed favorably by 53%, including 25% with a Very Favorable opinion.

These perceptions take on added weight since 68% of voters say the presidential candidates' running mates are more important this year than in previous election cycles.

Both, of course, have their detractors as well. Palin earns Very Unfavorable reviews from 26% of voters nationwide, Biden from 21%.

Palin and Biden both are well liked within their own party and less warmly received in the other party. Among unaffiliated voters, 54% have a favorable opinion of Palin and 49% say the same about Biden.

In terms of ideology, 78% of voters regard Palin as at least somewhat conservative, including 49% who say she is Very Conservative. Only 11% describe her as moderate. Biden, by contrast, is viewed as at least somewhat liberal by 48%, with 22% saying they regard him as Very Liberal. Thirty-one percent (31%) of voters describe Biden as a moderate.

In Alaska, there is no gender gap when it comes to views of Palin and how she is performing her role as governor. Nationally, she is viewed favorably by 62% of men and 51% of women.

At the end of the Republican convention, Palin received favorable reviews from 58% of voters nationwide. At the end of the Democratic convention, Biden was viewed favorably by 48%.

An earlier survey found that most Alaska voters—51%--say that Palin is more ethical than most politicians. Another 33% say she is as ethical as most politicians.
Palin's popularity is also being credited with giving a big bounce to indicted Republican incumbent Senator Ted Stevens' bid for re-election. Rasmussen Reports will release the latest data on the Senate race in Alaska at 3 pm today. Presidential findings will follow at 5.

. . . .

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/palin_gets_rave_reviews_in_alaska_viewed_favorably_by_56_nationwide

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Palin Gets Rave Reviews in Alaska, Viewed Favorably by 56% Nationwide
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 08:29:13 PM »
I rememebr she has a 62% approval rating last week.

If it's true that she's only polling 56% today, it means that 18.3 million Americans decided they didn't like her in the last week.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 08:31:41 PM »
From the link: 

The first Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in Alaska since Palin was selected as the Republican vice presidential nominee found that 68% say she is doing a good or excellent job as Governor. That’s up slightly from 64% who gave her good or excellent marks in July.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 08:32:51 PM »
From the link: 

You're talking alaskans.

what's the national pollings of approval for her over the last 2 weeks?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 08:35:26 PM »
Shell scew your brains out

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 08:36:49 PM »
I don't know, but she couldn't have had much of any approval rating two weeks ago, because much of the country didn't know who she was.  Today, according to this story:

her approval rating is Nationally, the woman who was barely known two weeks ago is now viewed favorably by 56% of voters, including 41% with a Very Favorable opinion (demographic crosstabs available for Premium Members).

By way of comparison, the Democratic vice presidential nominee, Senator Joseph Biden of Delaware, is viewed favorably by 53%, including 25% with a Very Favorable opinion.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 08:42:41 PM »
her approval rating is Nationally, the woman who was barely known two weeks ago is now viewed favorably by 56% of voters, including 41% with a Very Favorable opinion (demographic crosstabs available for Premium Members).

I saw that 62% initial national approval and was shocked.  If it's indeed 56% now, that'll be news.  I'm sure Obama will be reminding us shortly if so.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 08:43:43 PM »
Douche bro is probably posting more flash polls... of course those figures are going to be skewed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 08:45:04 PM »
I saw that 62% initial national approval and was shocked.  If it's indeed 56% now, that'll be news.  I'm sure Obama will be reminding us shortly if so.

Link?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 08:45:46 PM »
Link?

no clue, i just saw that number repeatedly and was shocked.  i'll post once the lib boards i read start gloating, if its true.

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 08:51:11 PM »

I'm not shocked at that drop considering the barrage of bullshit that has been thrown at her over the past week or so http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 08:52:56 PM »
I'm not shocked at that drop considering the barrage of bullshit that has been thrown at her over the past week or so http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

She's also been caught in a few lies, and looked unprepared in the Gibson interview.

As I've said repeatedly, every time she is on TV, she'll alienate a few more folks.  Just like Rudy did... he should have won easily, but everywhere he campaigned, his numbers dropped.

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 11:49:16 PM »
She's also been caught in a few lies, and looked unprepared in the Gibson interview.

As I've said repeatedly, every time she is on TV, she'll alienate a few more folks.  Just like Rudy did... he should have won easily, but everywhere he campaigned, his numbers dropped.

Not a good comparison 240, Rudy is pretty much a RINO. He was conservative only two things: crime and Islamic terrorism.

Palin is an across the board conservative. This is very important when you consider that conservatives have been disgusted by Republicans big spending and generally non-conservative governance during the last 8 years. The Republicans have been ignoring their base for years, and many conservatives have been demoralized for quite some time, and the choice of McCain for candidate did NOT help.

Along comes this middle class, conservative woman from Alaska who made one of the best conservative political speeches since Ronald Regan. Middle America see Sarah Palin as a normal person, one of them, not one of these Washington elitist snobs that have been running the Federal Government into the ground all while sneering with contempt at their constituency. They also see the media attack her like rabid dogs, digging up dirt on her family and using it against her saying "she should stay home and take care of her family" and "how can she have control of Washington when she can't control her own family." These are charges that have never been made against a male candidate. When Bobby Kennedy ran for President, he had 10 children and a pregnant wife, nobody told him he should stay home and take care of his kids. John Edwards wife had CANCER, and he still drug her around all over the country, all while cheating on her. Did anybody say John Edwards should have stayed home to take care of his sick wife? No.

People have noticed that this same media that is trying to destroy Palin, a Vice Presidential candidate, has been fawning over the Democrat Presidential candidate. This is akin to cheating, and America doesn't like cheaters.

You have to also consider that according to the most recent Battleground Poll, about 60% of Americans consider themselves conservative. If you manage to get those people fired up about someone that person is going to the White House, period. Just look at the enormous margins Reagan won by.

All I'm really saying is now that the debates are coming up lets focus on actual issues that matter. Not who's sticking their dick in Sarah Palins daughter or whether her son smoked pot and used cocain (Obama admittedly used cocain btw, not that I give a shit, just pointing out the hypocricy).