Author Topic: Personal Trainers Needed Ad  (Read 2878 times)

peroni

• Getbig III
Personal Trainers Needed Ad
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:08:09 AM »
As I was placing an ad for good, independent, qualified trainers this morning for my gym, I ran across this one. I'm sure a few of you will get a kick out of it.

Looking for a new career? Want to interact with people? Interested in fitness?

We are a growing personal training company. Currently, we have three personal training studios and are under construction on a fourth facility. We are looking to hire enthusiastic people who want to enter the field of personal fitness training on a part-time basis. There would be opportunity to grow into full-time hours and management but initially the opening is for a part-time trainer willing to float between our facilities.

No experience is required. We are looking for some of the following qualities:

1. Reliability and honesty
2. A desire to learn about effective exercise methods
3. Good interpersonal skills
4. Being in reasonably good shape (or committed to improving fitness)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: Personal Trainers Needed Ad
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 09:14:19 AM »
seems like an honest straightforward ad to me.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:17:56 AM »
Where's the kicker?  ???

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 09:19:46 AM »
Where's the kicker?  ???
i guess you have to have an IFBB pro level physique and a PhD in exercise science to work in "peroni's" club. ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 09:47:45 AM »
Maybe you should learn instead of laughing.  Most people don't want a chalk up squat til you puke environment or a trainer who is too intimidating.  An excessively muscular build will actually drive most customers away. 

Someone with great depth of knowledge isn't required to train 95% of gym goers, and you can pay the guy with no experience a hell of a lot less.  The part time positions probably benefits them on insurance costs and labor laws.

If you're in business, your first priority is profit.  I don't mean any offence by this post peroni, but unless you're running a niche hardcore gym you might want to consider instituting some of the faggoty business practices these guys use and which are proven to make money.

reppin203

• Getbig II
  • they all talk fast but they all think slow
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 11:42:32 AM »
Whats the phone number?

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 11:49:14 AM »
"No experience is required. "

I can't imagine paying for training advice from a brand new personal trainer that has no experience and only on the job training.  ACE and AFPA must love these type of gyms that devalue personal trainer certifications.

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 11:50:29 AM »
As I was placing an ad for good, independent, qualified trainers this morning for my gym, I ran across this one. I'm sure a few of you will get a kick out of it.

Looking for a new career? Want to interact with people? Interested in fitness?

We are a growing personal training company. Currently, we have three personal training studios and are under construction on a fourth facility. We are looking to hire enthusiastic people who want to enter the field of personal fitness training on a part-time basis. There would be opportunity to grow into full-time hours and management but initially the opening is for a part-time trainer willing to float between our facilities.

On the job training with no experiance.........good move ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 11:54:23 AM »
On the job training with no experiance.........

Hi Sarah Palin.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 11:55:21 AM »
DOH!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 11:57:05 AM »
On the job training with no experiance.........good move ::)

were you the guy who posted a pic/vid of a girl squatting bar on her neck and kness 6" infront of toes?

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 01:36:39 PM »
"No experience is required. "

I can't imagine paying for training advice from a brand new personal trainer that has no experience and only on the job training.  ACE and AFPA must love these type of gyms that devalue personal trainer certifications.

There we go. Somebody finally gets it!!

My post wasn't meant to discuss my hiring practices, it was simply a amusing tid bit about personal trainers needed w/ no exp necessary and if you're not in somewhat reasonable shape, you'll have to make a commitment to strive towards that. No, you don't need a phd and an olympia physique to be a trainer in my gym, but experience is invaluable. There are pro athletes that train with me and workout at my gym, so if a intern so to speak misguided them or caused an injury, it would be detrimental to my business. Because of trainers w/ out field experience and/or education, most trainers get a bum rap. My gym is the place you go when you know better than to get a corporate gym trainer. It's not snotty or uppidy. It's simply wanting to be the best at what you do. I see nothing wrong with holding yourself to the same standards that you'd hope someone else would if they were a potential trainer of yours.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 01:38:45 PM »
why do i get the feeling that "peroni" wears a lot of Under Armor? ::)

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 02:04:06 PM »
Epic thread backfire....

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 02:06:19 PM »
There we go. Somebody finally gets it!!

My post wasn't meant to discuss my hiring practices, it was simply a amusing tid bit about personal trainers needed w/ no exp necessary and if you're not in somewhat reasonable shape, you'll have to make a commitment to strive towards that. No, you don't need a phd and an olympia physique to be a trainer in my gym, but experience is invaluable. There are pro athletes that train with me and workout at my gym, so if a intern so to speak misguided them or caused an injury, it would be detrimental to my business. Because of trainers w/ out field experience and/or education, most trainers get a bum rap. My gym is the place you go when you know better than to get a corporate gym trainer. It's not snotty or uppidy. It's simply wanting to be the best at what you do. I see nothing wrong with holding yourself to the same standards that you'd hope someone else would if they were a potential trainer of yours.

I applaud your commitment to quality and wish more businesses were run that way.  As you've no doubt observed however, a McDonald's makes a lot more money than most quality restaurants.  Your clientele sound like connoisseurs, and I'm glad there's enough around for you to make a buck, but the McD's of the gym world will continue to thrive.  I agree its absurd, but that's the way of the world.

Consider this thought experiment: If you opened a second gym and ran it the way chain "fitness centers" are run, would you make more money or less money than you currently make from your gym?

Not bustin' your chops man, just saying the reason these damn fitness centers are popping up everywhere is because they are consistently profitable in spite of their modus operandi.

The Coach

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 02:13:16 PM »
were you the guy who posted a pic/vid of a girl squatting bar on her neck and kness 6" infront of toes?

You mean the one that could athletically out perform any man or women on this site box squatting 225 for 10?  Yeah, that was me!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 02:31:14 PM »
athletically out perform. dont be a dork. Tons in my gym can box squat 225 for 10.

Yes she is a girl and strong. Just her form is shit

The Coach

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 02:35:53 PM »
athletically out perform. dont be a dork. Tons in my gym can box squat 225 for 10.

Yes she is a girl and strong. Just her form is shit

Ok dude whatever....her form is where I want it to be. She's 9mos out of ACL reconstruction.

I'm sure there are, but she's a 20 year old 118lb softball player.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 02:42:14 PM »
I gave her props

Should be working on flexability and form if she is limites by her ACL...one bad rep and it could all fuck up again for her.

Seriously

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 02:50:31 PM »
LMOA HAHAHAHA......big muscle meathead bodybuilders make the absolute worst personal trainers.  Their entire mindset stems from drugs.  I.e. what works for them will not work for 99% of the population.  But it's a great marketing scheme for gyms.  Take the biggest baddest steroid user or anorexic/clen addicted fitness chick and tell everyone that signs up if you listen to them and buy these supplements you can look like them!  LOL What a scam!  And again most athletes don't have the mindset to be great personal trainers either.  They are either genetically gifted or naturally talented.  They all have coaches as well.  I was asking a top ranked decathalon guy about his diet and his answers were VERY generic......i.e. high protein...high carbs.....just don't over do it.  lol.  There are very respectable exercise science/nutritional gurus out there (Lyle McDonald) and they sure as fuck aren't bodybuilders. 

Bob C is a perfect example.  He's all drugs and genetics.  You ask him about diet and he'd probably ramble on with shit found in the MuscleMags.  He even posted his own diet and it was nowhere near what is necessary to maintain 250lbs of muscle at his height.  LOL. 

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 02:52:49 PM »

5. High Getbig post count.

Fixed.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 02:53:55 PM »
Most personal trainers and "bodybuilders" couldn't read a fucking medical study if their life depended on it. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 02:57:24 PM »
You mean the one that could athletically out perform any man or women on this site box squatting 225 for 10?  Yeah, that was me!

LOL classic Getbig post right there!  Box squatting 225 for 10 is supposed to be amazing?  Oh but wait now she's 118 lbs and 20 years old.  What's next she's a below the knee amputee?  I get sick of all these stupid chicks in the gym trying do worthless things like box squats.  Man the fuck up and squat regularly biotches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 03:07:35 PM »
how can they say no experience needed when it requires a certification to be a trainer?!  they never state that, do they?!  ;D

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 03:08:18 PM »
to be fair box squats are tougher and work the quads more.

where is the pic of this little person squatting?