Author Topic: Why soccer should be banned from existence  (Read 3720 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Why soccer should be banned from existence
« on: September 15, 2008, 03:47:05 PM »
http://africa.reuters.com/sport/news/usnBAN539822.html

Congo riot over soccer witchcraft kills 11

KINSHASA (Reuters) - Eleven people were killed in a stadium riot in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo after a soccer player tried to use witchcraft to win a local match, U.N.-backed Radio Okapi reported on Monday.

Nyuki club was losing to local rivals Socozaki on Sunday when Nyuki's goalkeeper advanced up the pitch and tried to use "fetishist" spells to turn the tide of the match, Okapi said, without giving more details.

When a police commander tried to break up an ensuing brawl between rival players, members of the crowd pelted him with rocks, the radio added. Police fired teargas in response, causing a stampede to the exits in which 11 people were killed and several injured, Okapi said.

As elsewhere in Africa, many Congolese hold traditional animist beliefs and use spells, fetishes and charms to practise witchcraft, often combined with other religions like Christianity or Islam.

Sunday's riot happened in Butembo, in North Kivu province, where fighting between the army and rebels has raged on despite the official end of a 1998-2003 war that has killed an estimated 5.4 million people through violence, hunger and disease.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
Re: Why soccer should be banned from existence
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 03:52:07 PM »
Soccer has to be the least interesting sport ever...

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 03:53:16 PM »
Soccer has to be the least interesting sport ever...

And yet the biggest

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 03:53:47 PM »
And yet the biggest

Yeah, but soccerists have to kill people at their events in desperate attempts to matter.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 03:55:30 PM »
As much as I am a homer for American sports.  I will admit that in my six years in Germany, I've grown to like soccer.  A couple of years ago I had the pleasure to attend World Cup Games and it was an experience, I'll never forget.

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 03:58:12 PM »
i'll watch the world cup.. but all other games should have land mines on the field.. would be a lot more interesting

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 04:00:13 PM »
Yeah, but soccerists have to kill people at their events in desperate attempts to matter.

Hey im a Sunderland supporter so I know how depressing football can get. :'(

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 04:06:45 PM »
American football is interesting to watch, european football is boring.  They kick a ball around, and score once a match...wow....

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 04:08:21 PM »
American football is interesting to watch, european football is boring.  They kick a ball around, and score once a match...wow....
that's because NFL players are the elite of the elite athletes and soccer players are just well.................... ........average.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 04:12:06 PM »
Hey im a Sunderland supporter so I know how depressing football can get. :'(

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 04:12:54 PM »
that's because NFL players are the elite of the elite athletes and soccer players are just well.................... ........average.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 04:14:10 PM »

see that cheered me up because them useless bastards are even worse than us.....they are fucked!!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 04:14:38 PM »
::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
i wouldn't expect you to understand you're 5'5" 170 pounds and have never played a sport in your life, asians always get picked last.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 04:15:06 PM »

Excuse me, but American football is actually far more boring than "soccer". American football has interuptions every minute or so and the players just charge against each other trying to win ground and then they stop to rest. How is this "athletic"? And no one cares about American football but Americans. No one plays it outside the U.S and Canada, and even in Canada it takes a back seat to hokey. Just compare the Superbowl to the World Cup: the Superbowl is watched by 200 million people, whislt the World Cup is wtached by 4 billlion people. 'That's 20 times more people who watch "soccer" than your boring "football".

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 04:19:53 PM »
 Excuse me, but American football is actually far more boring than "soccer". American football has interuptions every minute or so and the players just charge against each other trying to win ground and then they stop to rest. How is this "athletic"? And no one cares about American football but Americans. No one plays it outside the U.S and Canada, and even in Canada it takes a back seat to hokey. Just compare the Superbowl to the World Cup: the Superbowl is watched by 200 million people, whislt the World Cup is wtached by 4 billlion people. 'That's 20 times more people who watch "soccer" than your boring "football".
hahahaha, whatever, NFL players are the fastest, biggest and strongest athletes on the planet and the best paid.

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 04:23:02 PM »
i wouldn't expect you to understand you're 5'5" 170 pounds and have never played a sport in your life, asians always get picked last.

I'm not 5'5'' and I'm not 170 pounds  :)

PS: FATASS

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 04:26:18 PM »
I'm not 5'5'' and I'm not 170 pounds  :)

PS: FATASS
hahahha, ok 5'6" 180, big difference. ::)

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 04:29:05 PM »
hahahaha, whatever, NFL players are the fastest, biggest and strongest athletes on the planet and the best paid.

But pro "soccer" players are the most famous. Go to any country in the World and ask who Pelé or Maradona is, and everyone will know. Ask who Tom Brady is, and no one will know. I assure you.

And pro football players are not the fastest. Those would be the sprinters. They are not the strongest. Those would be the powerlifters. And they are not the biggest. The competitors of the World's Strongest Man contest as well as Sumo wrestlers - if we're talking about sheer girth - are usually bigger than NFL players.

Finally, I am not even sure if NFL players are the best paid. Kaká made $40,000,000 last year in salary and from endorsement contracts. You have showed yourself to be a typical uneducated American. I suggest you go learn something about the World, Sir.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 04:31:26 PM »
hahahhaa, sounds like i touched a nerve with "cigarrette man" by speaking the truth. :D

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 04:33:14 PM »
hahahhaa, sounds like i touched a nerve with "cigarrette man" by speaking the truth. :D

I have proved you wrong on all counts, so what truth do you speak off ???

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 04:34:04 PM »
  I have proved you wrong on all counts, so what truth do you speak off ???
"speak off"? obviously English isn't your first language.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 04:35:49 PM »
Soccer violence is good violence.
a

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 04:36:12 PM »
"speak off"? obviously English isn't your first language.

It isn't. Anyway, I put an extra "f" there, but this is not the issue: the issue is that you have been proven wrong on all counts, so I have no idea what "truth" you are talking about.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 04:36:19 PM »
I lived in the states for a while and I enjoyed watching NFL and college football and still enjoy it but the time outs and bullshit fuck me off because it felt like it had no flow. The best thing I enjoyed was the atmosphere of a game and it was affordable too unlike the premiership where its £50 for a seat nowadays.

Bottom line is people from their respective countries will defend their national sports to the last and that aint going to change.........by the way all that padding and shit is for queers try Rugby on for size lol ;)

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 04:37:19 PM »
hahahha, ok 5'6" 180, big difference. ::)
Wrong again.

PS:You still  a FATASS ;D