Author Topic: Let me see if I have this straight (Obama vs. Palin)  (Read 379 times)

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
Let me see if I have this straight (Obama vs. Palin)
« on: September 15, 2008, 04:13:31 PM »
Definitely a good comparison.

I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....
* If you grow up in Hawaii , raised by your grandparents,  you're "exotic, different."
* Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers,  a quintessential American story.

* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
 * Name your kids Bristol, Willow , Trig and Track, you're a maverick.

* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
 * Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well  grounded.

* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become  the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State  Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the  Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive and next in line behind a man in his eighth decade.

* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and then  left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month,  you're a true Christian.

* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education,  including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the  fiber of society.

* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system  while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very  responsible.

* If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position  in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's  values don't represent America 's.
* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude",  with at least one  DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to  vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely  admirable.

OK, much clearer now.

LET'S GET BACK TO THE REAL ISSUES OF THE CAMPAIGN!!

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Let me see if I have this straight (Obama vs. Palin)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 04:16:23 PM »
Repost, but still good.
from incomplete data

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 06:08:12 AM »

* If you grow up in Hawaii , raised by your grandparents,  you're "exotic, different."

You are a little confused. Obama isn't running against Palin and the longer he keeps focusing on her, the more McCain gets to focus on his message, while simultaneously beating on Obama, putting him on defense repeatedly.

Ummmm.....since when were Palin's kids on the ticket? Again, you are indeed confused.

Her being well-grounded has little to do with the college(s) from which she graduated. Much ado about nothing.

* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become  the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State  Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the  Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive and next in line behind a man in his eighth decade.

You left off the running of a multi-billion dollar budget, being the commander-in-chief of her state's national guard, and making a bunch of executive decisions that Obama has NEVER done. Add to that the fact that the our current president and his predecessor were both governors. And, she has a approval rating around 80%. Her reputation for cleaning up corruption (even in her own party) is well-documented.

* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and then  left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month,  you're a true Christian.

Make up your mind here. You're jumping from Palin to McCain.

* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education,  including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the  fiber of society.

* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system  while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very  responsible.

What happens if you teach "responsible, age appropriate sex education" to your teen daughter and she get pregnant, anyway? What does that mean? It means that the daughter messed up, REGARDLESS of what sex education she was taught or her mother favored. The daughter didn't heed either instruction and is now knocked up, as a result.

* If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position  in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's  values don't represent America 's.
* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude",  with at least one  DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to  vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely  admirable.

OK, much clearer now.

You don't get it, as is obvious by the start of your post. McCain has been focused on the "real issues", while Obama has been tripping over himself, because he (like you) is affixed on the governor of Alaska. Obama's NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LOSING THIS ELECTION; but the simple fact is that, at the moment, he is.

The Dems DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, because McCain sucker-punched them with Palin. Barack has gone from being ahead to behind, from leading the state-by-state EC polls to trailing in those polls. Obama is no longer the (lone) media political superstar. McCain has the substance to beat Obama. The problem was that he couldn't get past Obama's superstar status to get to Obama the man.

Since Palin has hijacked his celebrity status, Obama is now vulernable and McCain has pounced on him. Obama has become irate, because McCain has using his change mantra, with success, against him.

The worst part is that Biden and the other Dems have stood by cluelessly and watched Obama get beat up the last two weeks. He's getting dissected like a frog in a biology lab, and Biden bleating about Hilary would have been a better choice as VP.

To top it all off, the far-left, who keep spreading rumors and lies about Palin, keep having their tactics BACKFIRE. Instead, it garners sympathy for Palin, disdain for the media, all the while McCain keeps appealing to voters. As of now, McCain is ahead in the electoral college polls. If McCain holds on to the 2004 battleground states, keeping them "red" (particularly Ohio, Florida, and Virginia), McCain wins this election, even if Obama wins a couple of "red" states out west.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 06:31:18 AM »
You are a little confused. Obama isn't running against Palin

This is the point I beleive people constantly need to be reminded of.   It's one of the reasons Palin was picked - it keep the topic of experience on the table, which is one of Obama's biggest weaknesses.
Y

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 07:09:30 AM »

OK, much clearer now.

Mcway covered most of it so I'll just hit some of the other points....

brilliant community organizer...he did nothing anybody can point to. By his own admission he was a failure...thus he went to Harvard
12 years as a Constitutional Law professor........he was not a professor...he was an instructor....part time
spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people .....part time where he voted present most of that and passed no real legislation
He's spent more time running for president then actually doing anything in Congress
He's passed zero legislation in Congress

Pallin has been an executive, the boss, ....he's led nobody.

L