Author Topic: Olympia - Is everyone writing Dexter off?  (Read 3388 times)

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Is everyone writing Dexter off?
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 07:24:44 AM »
Dex needs to shock the judges.  He always looks the same.  This year, all eyes are on Heath and Wolf.  Jay better come in top shape, too, or he will be judged lower.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 07:48:06 AM »
Dex needs to shock the judges.  He always looks the same.  This year, all eyes are on Heath and Wolf.  Jay better come in top shape, too, or he will be judged lower.

Shock them, how? He's so peeled, the only way to shocked them is to come in with no skin. And your second sentence was said by a now dead IFBB judge who said the same about Shawn Ray...

Dex always comes in shape, but has gradually put pounds on. The is a reason why he earned the moniker, "The Blade", and it ain't just because he likes the movie.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 09:25:44 AM »
Jay's been carrying darn near pre-contest condition the entire year.  I'm not so sure he'll have any 'wow' factor left. He's been near-peak all year.  He did that last year, and we know what happened there...

verry well said i must say.

Its true , when u lean year round and everyone sees you , when it come competition time...there wont be much difference and wow factor

Been there , seen that

Why the hell do they post pics online , IMHO it ruins things for them

Just look at Heath , IMHO had those photos not been released earlier this yar , ppl wouldda been like
`*WTF* is that!`...and woullda carried more momentum through to the Arnold

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 02:42:17 PM »
Dexter has not stayed the same. People always use to say this about Sean Ray as well. Dexter has slowly improved EVERY year. This year he has added some size, AND he came in sharper than he has ever been.... and looking at pictures of him during this offseason..it appears hes even bigger now than he was at the Arnold.

Like Ray used to, Dex makes gradual progress while maintaining conditioning, symmetry, and aesthetics. A true bodybuilder.

correct...

dustin

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »
If Jay hits his mark, Dexter can enjoy a 2nd or 3rd place finish.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 03:23:40 PM »
Jay's been carrying darn near pre-contest condition the entire year.  I'm not so sure he'll have any 'wow' factor left. He's been near-peak all year.  

That's the case with Jay every year. Always "on".
!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Olympia - Is everyone writing Dexter off?
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 03:25:38 PM »
No one is writing Dexter off...  Third place isnt bad at all!

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »
Wolf is going to dwarf everyone. Dex and Phil will never be Mr.O's

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »
Wolf is going to dwarf everyone. Dex will never be Mr.O

fixed

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 04:13:16 PM »
Wolf is going to dwarf everyone. Dex and Phil will never be Mr.O's

Hell, I want to see the side by side comparisons of Phil and Dennis. Dennis maybe wider than Phil, but his back lacks detail, has  no lower back, and he has smaller calves than a Phil (a black man with high calves), and Phil's arms dwarf his.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »
Hell, I want to see the side by side comparisons of Phil and Dennis. Dennis maybe wider than Phil, but his back lacks detail, has  no lower back, and he has smaller calves than a Phil (a black man with high calves), and Phil's arms dwarf his.
Heath is very impressive but like Bob Chick said last night on PBW when he stands next to Wolf he's gonna get dwarfed.

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »

Ok bud, we'll see. Dennis will be in better condition this year, and he's most likely gotten thicker everywhere. Phil will look small next to him bro.

King_Raisin

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 09:39:08 PM »
Dex is the Shawn Ray of this decade.  Dude is complete (well, weak on calves but Vic got 2nd last year with funky-ass calves), shredded, knows how to pose and is always on.  He's the perfect bridesmaid so to speak, and he'll continue to get fucked year after year as dudes like Cutler (wide-ass waist), Vic (odd-midsection and suspicious bis and calves), Phil (structually weak chest & back), and others continually get shoved in front of him.  Shame that consistent guys like Dex aren't rewarded...

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2008, 12:25:07 PM »
If Jay doesn't improve over last year Dex. wins it.

You heard it here first folks.

Quoted for I told you so. :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2008, 12:30:43 PM »
I'm hearing on PBBW ... Bob talking about how Phil could very well take #2 at the Olympia behind Jay.

This is Phil's first Olympia, and Dexter beat Phil earlier this year. 

Dexter is a lot bigger than Phil, with a lot more muscle maturity.  Dex is coming in bigger this year.  I bet Dex is listening, wondering why he's getting brushed off when he's still #1 from the ASC.

Dexter Delivered.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2008, 03:19:05 PM »
No one is writing Dexter off...  Third place isnt bad at all!

;D

;D

;D

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 01:38:24 AM »
By signing Dex, Muscletech is making sure they have a valid option in case Jay shows up in the same disastrous shape as last year. This is going to be a transitional year: if jay shows up in a half decent shape, he'll have his third Sandow and he might retire. If the difference with Dex is too obvious, Dex has a slight (though minimal) chance to win.

Wow, first time I get a chance to quote myself. Even my penis feels bigger. Thank you Dexter.