Author Topic: Newt Gingrich discusses Sarah Palin  (Read 1997 times)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Newt Gingrich discusses Sarah Palin
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 10:33:11 AM »
I've been to Europe alot and will be headed back after Christmas...Obama is the most Liberal senator we have..period. I didn't make that up, they rank them.  U cannot compare our two countries, and while I'm sure Sweden is great its only slightly larger the California and has close to 9 million people. U have a social welfare based system which I'm sure works great for Sweden but we have 350 million people and unfortunatly we have global responsibilities. The closest I've been to Sweden is Norway twice, lovely country.

Yeah I do realize our two countries are very different. Just trying to make a point to show that left-wing politics isn't all bad, and if America could strive for a more socialized approach it doesn't have to mean disaster. Unfortunately the American people seems to be too close-minded to notice what's going on and automatically dismiss anything "unamerican".

USA is heading for a disaster in it's current state, just a matter of time. I just cannot for the life of me see how people defend Bush.

That said I do think a republican approach isn't bad either and Ron Paul is a good example of that. You just need to get rid of this fundamentalist neoconservative bullshit.
from incomplete data

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 10:43:42 AM »
You brought Obama into your argument.  Keep him out becuase my point isn't considering who she's running against.

She has no experience in Washington and is running with a person who is too old.   Visualize her as president. Regardless of oother person's age, you should always do that with a VP pick

There are far better picks, is my point.  She was picked to win the election becuase of the current situation

My point exactly. McCain didn't necessarily need someone with loads of experience. He's got that covered. He needed another reformer, someone to energize the conservative base, help him appeal to independents, and someone who has worked on energy issues.

But, he got a unexpected bonus out of Palin: a intriguing and lovable figure who has taken nearly ALL of the spotlight off Barack Obama.

With that gone, Obama's weaknesses are fully exposed, just waiting for McCain to capitalize. He has done that, which is why McCain leads Obama in the polls and it's helping keep "red" states in the "red" column.

None of the other VP nominees would have turned this race around for McCain, as Palin has done.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 10:52:47 AM »
This coming from the folks who left Hilary Clinton high-and-dry, despite the consensus that an Obama-Clinton/Clinton-Obama ticket would be unstoppable. That's a riot.

Nobody's claiming that everything the Republicans have ever done is right. BTW, the Democrats control Congress, and their approval ratings are FAR WORSE than that of President Bush.

When are you liberals going to get it through your skulls that Bush ain't running for president? You had two shots to beat him in the election, but you didn't get the job done. It's too late, now. It's Obama vs. McCain, not Obama vs. Bush, not Obama vs. Palin.

Obama is so busy lobbying jabs against the folks against whom he isn't competing, that he's letting the guy who headlines the oppositing ticket BEAT ON HIM, almost without impunity. That's one of the reasons Obama is LOSING in the polls.

This is straight-up comical. Has it ever occured to these women that keeping their legs closed goes a long way toward keeping that blasted "unwanted sperm" from doing its job, to help bring life into the world?

Again, every stereotype and everything that these bitter bra-burning banshees touted as mandatory to become a fulfilled woman of the 20th/21st century have officially been rendered moot and utter BS, thanks to this hockey-mom-turned-mayor-turned-governor-turned-(perhaps)-vice-president.

And, if you think the blubbering is bad now, wait until Nov 4. If McCain and Palin get 'er done, they'll be weeping and gnashing of teeth amongst the feminists.....MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!!  ;D
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dat brotha just put it down!!!!!   ;D

EXCELLENT POST, MCWAY!   :)  Excellent

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »
My point exactly. McCain didn't necessarily need someone with loads of experience. He's got that covered. He needed another reformer, someone to energize the conservative base, help him appeal to independents, and someone who has worked on energy issues.

But, he got a unexpected bonus out of Palin: a intriguing and lovable figure who has taken nearly ALL of the spotlight off Barack Obama.

I agree.  brilliant move.

As to the rest of your post, this is not about" Mr. Change to Spanish"

As you keep on referring to or referring to reasons shes good for the campaign. 

I'm talking about whether or not she's even worth considering as a VP.   (not taking into account of it being a good campaign move or Obama or what ever)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »
Yes, yes it is. 

Webster's defines REPENTANCE as:

1.   deep sorrow, compunction, or contrition for a past sin, wrongdoing, or the like.
2.   regret for any past action.

Only God knows for certain, but Newt Gingrich is on record as being quite repentant of what he did to his ex-wife. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 11:31:39 AM »
As usual, Newt is spot on:

Kristol: Gingrich on the Power of Authenticity
Bill Kristol
weeklystandard.com
Newt Gingrich e-mailed me the following, which he gave me permission to share with the wider world:

Authenticity is the one word threat to the Obama-Biden ticket.

There is something going on this weekend which traditional pundits, traditional consultants and traditional politicians are simply missing. All of the normal biography-oriented and issue-oriented analysis misses an emotional gestalt event comparable to when Ronald Reagan in 1980 crystalized his leadership in New Hampshire when he seized control of the GOP debate.

In one sudden moment Friday, John McCain fundamentally changed American politics in a manner that transcends issues and details.
The great threat to the Obama-Biden ticket can be captured in one word: authenticity.

There is something unaffected and "unsophisticated" (in the Columbia, Princeton, Harvard and University of Chicago meanings of the word) about Governor Palin. She really was point guard of a state championship basketball team. She really is a competent hunter. She is a hockey mom. She has one son about to go to Iraq.

She has 13 years in elected office

By any practical standard she has done far more in the real world with much more spontaneity and practicality than Barack Obama. And there is something deeply real and courageous about John McCain ignoring most of his advisers and all of the "insider wisdom" to reach out to a younger woman whose greatest characteristic is undaunted courage and a willingness to clean out the corruption in her own party.

This is a moment of stunning authenticity versus a sad collapse on the part of the Obama campaign from " change you can count on" to politics as usual, as marked by Obama's choice of a senator first elected when Palin was 9 years old.

As I wandered around from a family restaurant to the dry cleaners to a variety of other non-political places, people kept walking up to me and talking with energy and enthusiasm about their reaction to McCain’s choice of Governor Palin. As I sifted through their emotions and the intensity of their reaction it hit me that they were responding to "the real thing." The power of Palin is that she is so out of the establishment, and so out of the talking-heads, inside-the –Beltway-elite mindset, that the 80 per cent of Americans who believe we are on the wrong track suddenly can identify with someone who isn’t part of what got us on that track.

Palin will make mistakes. The news media and the Obama researchers will find things to attack. But if she stays relaxed and continues to be authentically who she has been for 44 years, the country is going to love her, and they are very rapidly going to get disgusted with the cynical negative nastiness of politics as usual.

Finally 2008 really has given us "change we can count on." Ironically, it is the McCain-Palin ticket.

Great commentary.  I agre with this.  She is "the real thing."  Precisely the kind of person D.C. needs. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 11:33:54 AM »
Webster's defines REPENTANCE as:

1.   deep sorrow, compunction, or contrition for a past sin, wrongdoing, or the like.
2.   regret for any past action.

Only God knows for certain, but Newt Gingrich is on record as being quite repentant of what he did to his ex-wife. 
I didn't know he was contrite about what he did to his wife.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 11:35:01 AM »
Great commentary.  I agre with this.  She is "the real thing."  Precisely the kind of person D.C. needs. 
Vote for change with Palin.  She has the same policies as Bush but her pretty face will change things.

Do you see that as a problem Beach Bum?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 11:44:21 AM »
I didn't know he was contrite about what he did to his wife.
Yeah.  He's talked about it on a couple of different occasions.  Like I said though, only God knows for sure.   But I would like to think I can believe him. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 11:58:02 AM »
This is a great post:

"For decades, liberals have been touting that the thoroughly modern women of the late 20th/early 21st century should be of the far-left feminist mold.

Sarah Palin DESTROYS that. Women now see that they don't have to abandon their families, their faith, or their moral conscience to succeed in the world. They are basically being shown, what most people know in their hearts to be true: A woman is valuable and special, whether she's at home, raising her kids, or out in the big-bad corporate world.

Powerful and strong, but sweet and loving (at least, on the surface), she has changed the game. And, it's scaring the holy hell out of the liberals and feminists".
--------------------------------------------

Strong and successful women do not have to be liberal feminists!  About time we publically break this stereotype.  Irrespective of whether you like Palin or not, its great to see strong powerful non-liberal/feminist up for one of the very most important positions in the land.

From all the criticizm of Palin from the left, we see that their values and views of politics outweight their desire to actually support women.  To most of them, its only about supporting liberal women unfortunately.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2008, 11:59:47 AM »
???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 12:01:21 PM »
Vote for change with Palin.  She has the same policies as Bush but her pretty face will change things.

Do you see that as a problem Beach Bum?

Nope.  She's outside the beltway.  She has lived and worked small town America.  She has fought corruption.  She knows how to raise a family.  She pulled herself up by her bootstraps.  She has been an executive.  What's not to like?  She is just what the old guard, including Biden, needs.  She is more in touch with the needs of the average American and the business community than both Obama and Biden.  

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 12:40:17 PM »
Nope.  She's outside the beltway.  She has lived and worked small town America.  She has fought corruption.  She knows how to raise a family.  She pulled herself up by her bootstraps.  She has been an executive.  What's not to like?  She is just what the old guard, including Biden, needs.  She is more in touch with the needs of the average American and the business community than both Obama and Biden.  
She supports the Iraqi war (We're on a War from God), Soc. Sec. privatization, and ruinous tax cuts.  The Iraqi invasion was a bust and the ongoing occupation is not financially sustainable.  Soc. Sec. privatization is fixing SS by destroying it.  And the across the board tax cuts will suck even more revenue from a government in debt by 9 trillion dollars along with an ongoing deficit.

That's Bush, McCain and Palin in a nutshell.  Iraq is borne of corruption.  SS privatization is corruption in lights.  And across the board tax cuts are not corrupt...they're an abomination when the debt has doubled under like Bush tax cuts.