Author Topic: Serious Question  (Read 1735 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Serious Question
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 10:08:37 AM »
i dont think we'll ever have a president in this day and age without a college degree.

Colossus, it's not about 'wisdom' - it's about that fundamental base of knowledge in all subject areas that you don't get working at a job (unless you work in about two dozen fields at once).

By the time you have a 2-year degree, you can write 5000 page papers with cites, understand a hell of a lot about advanced math calculation for most real life calculations, do most things on a PC, you understand histories of civilizations, you've been explosed to art, history, music, and culture of the last 2000 years, you've spoken in front of hundreds of people, you've worked with teams, you've had 2 years of another language, you've dealt with professional standards, and you've become fairly proficient in about a dozen other things.

Working at ANY job won't give you that diverse set of skills and experience.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 10:28:38 AM »
i dont think we'll ever have a president in this day and age without a college degree.

Colossus, it's not about 'wisdom' - it's about that fundamental base of knowledge in all subject areas that you don't get working at a job (unless you work in about two dozen fields at once).

By the time you have a 2-year degree, you can write 5000 page papers with cites, understand a hell of a lot about advanced math calculation for most real life calculations, do most things on a PC, you understand histories of civilizations, you've been explosed to art, history, music, and culture of the last 2000 years, you've spoken in front of hundreds of people, you've worked with teams, you've had 2 years of another language, you've dealt with professional standards, and you've become fairly proficient in about a dozen other things.

Working at ANY job won't give you that diverse set of skills and experience.
So, a chemist who chooses to use his knowledge to make drugs like performance enhancers or hard stuff like crack is wise?

If I had the choice to be wise vs knowledgeable, I'd choose wise.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »
So, a chemist who chooses to use his knowledge to make drugs like performance enhancers or hard stuff like crack is wise?

If I had the choice to be wise vs knowledgeable, I'd choose wise.

For the 1 person of 305 million who will control our nation's interests in this world, I'd like to have both wisdom and knowledge.