Author Topic: Palin on FOX News: Economy Is a ‘Mess,’ Workforce is Strong  (Read 1459 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Palin on FOX News: Economy Is a ‘Mess,’ Workforce is Strong
« on: September 17, 2008, 12:08:37 PM »
Sarah Palin, in her second media interview since becoming John McCain’s running mate, told FOX News Wednesday that the economy is a “mess” and defended the Republican presidential nominee against charges that he believes the markets are merely experiencing a hiccup.

Palin told FOX News’ Sean Hannity that it was “unfair” for Barack Obama to criticize McCain earlier in the week for saying “the fundamentals of our economy are strong.” She said McCain was clearly talking about the workforce.

“It was an unfair attack on the verbiage that Senator McCain chose to use, because … he means our workforce, he means the ingenuity of the American people,” Palin said. “And of course that is strong and that is the foundation of our economy. So that was an unfair attack there.”

Palin spoke with Hannity in Cleveland, Ohio, a day after the federal government announced it was bailing out American International Group with an $85 billion loan. The move comes on the heels of Lehman Brothers filing for bankruptcy, Bank of America’s buyout of Merrill Lynch and a federal rescue of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.

“Certainly it is a mess though. The economy is a mess,” Palin said. “And there have been abuses on Wall Street, and that adversely affects Main Street.”

She said McCain wants to reform Wall Street by “stopping the abuses and that violation of the pubic trust.”

L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: Palin on FOX News: Economy Is a ‘Mess,’ Workforce is Strong
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 12:11:04 PM »
Good but they need to lay out what they will do.....5 points they would immediatly launch. Get out in front of Obama, who has no plan.
Stop playing wack a mole with every Obama utterance.....Obama is doing it and has been told to stop.
Facts are better with this stuff then bs rethoric.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 12:23:08 PM »
1 interview per week.  niiiiiice.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 12:25:54 PM »
240...where's Biden....where is he. Focus on him, he's ur guy. The dude is MIA. Or maybe they have a ball gag in his mouth.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 12:27:11 PM »
240...where's Biden....where is he. Focus on him, he's ur guy. The dude is MIA. Or maybe they have a ball gag in his mouth.

he speaks every day on the campaign trail.  The media is making it Palin Vs. Obama.

It's all about ratings, baby.  Biden and Mccain are boring old white guys.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 12:29:47 PM »
As is Palin, she spoke yesterday...where's Biden. The last time I saw him he was asking a paraplegic to stand up. Oh wait maybe it was when he said Hil would have been a better VP pick.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »
As is Palin, she spoke yesterday...where's Biden. The last time I saw him he was asking a paraplegic to stand up. Oh wait maybe it was when he said Hil would have been a better VP pick.

you work with media... why is is to hard to agree with?

Just as they talked about Obama more because he sold more magazines and commercial ad space than an old guy with liver spots, they're talking more about palin because she's new and fun to look at.

It's Obama vs. Palin because they're both big sellers.

Do you have any idea the ratings "blah" of a show on Mccain and Biden? (We'll ignore his great speech numbers, as he followed the debut of the NFL season with the super bowl champ giants).

Obama and mccain are big draws. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 12:44:40 PM »
My point is that Biden is barely out there. The media is definitly focusing on her but if she was a Dem it would be a love fest. She honestly should have gone on Fox News Sunday first and then hit Gibson. I understand why she did it, sorta to keep the good times rolling, but Gibson turned snarky. I don't disagree with ur thread, the first lucid one u have had in days. U gotta get out more, go shoot, u'll feel better.
L

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 01:27:28 PM »
"It's Obama vs. Palin because they're both big sellers."

Your right 240.  The media covers what sells, not what is most important.

Palin is doing a lot of rallying the past two weeks, just like Biden.  Palin gives another interview sometime this week...so, she is showing up more now.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 01:40:13 PM »
The last time I saw him he was asking a paraplegic to stand up.

That was priceless!
Barry picked him a real winner!   ::)

W

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 01:47:17 PM »

That was priceless!
Barry picked him a real winner!   ::)

That was so fucking funny.  "Come on, stand up!"   "I.....caaaaan'tttt!" 

I think the cover up was worse.  "Everybody will stand up for you!"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 01:50:33 PM »
Biden was a curious pick...either u go all in or u hedge...Obama hedged. Actaully i take that back, Obama was told to hedge and he did.
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 01:51:31 PM »
She is on Hannity and Colmes tonight 9pm/et check it out.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 01:52:59 PM »
A few part interview, she should have done this first.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 01:55:57 PM »
A few part interview, she should have done this first.
She should have.

If you're looking for sychophantic brown-noser that'll lie at the drop of a hat, Hannity's your man!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 01:58:40 PM »
As opposed to a snarky asshole like Gibson was during that interview. That was the definition of the ambush interview, I know, I've been apart of a few.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 02:03:12 PM »
As opposed to a snarky asshole like Gibson was during that interview. That was the definition of the ambush interview, I know, I've been apart of a few.
Gibosn is the same loser that grilled the democrats in their debate about the success of Bush's supply side tax cuts. 

If anything says left-wing sympathizer it's slavish devotion to rightwing bullshit.

Yeah, that was a gotcha interview.  He asked her a simple question about Bush's everchanging Bush Doctrine and she didn't have a clue.

That's what I like to see from a VP candidate, no familiarity with party gospel and a staunch inability to think on her feet.

She's got 'winner' written all over her naked wet body.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 02:11:16 PM »
Very few people can define it. If I was asked the same question I would have asked Gibson the same question as I was formulating an answer to dazzzle him. It was an ambush from a guy I liked.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 02:17:58 PM »
Very few people can define it. If I was asked the same question I would have asked Gibson the same question as I was formulating an answer to dazzzle him. It was an ambush from a guy I liked.
The answer is quite easy.  The Bush Doctrine changed over the years but at the outset it was unilateral US action....after 9/11 it became unilateral US action in the form of preventive war (misstated as preemptive war) against any country sponsoring terrorism.

We lived through this people.  Anyone can define it. Definitive explications are not sought.  Just a simple, basic understanding of recent american history is required.  She gets an F.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 02:26:33 PM »
Decker u can say what u want...but if ur speaking for a candidate or say the US Army, u have to be much more careful. Had u said that I'd ask u what a preventative war was......then before u could answer I'd mention Iran, would u VP Decker invade Iran as they are a problem? I'd drag u down a rabbit hole. Oh any country sponsoring terrorism, then I'd list a dozen, should we invade them VP Decker? It would be about that time that u would hit me with a chair.  She had to make sure she wasn't setting policy.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 02:30:16 PM »
Oh and I'm much harsher on these things then most people because its part of my job.  She got a C plus for that. Her people should have had an idea or a theme for her to repeat that was general enough to answer that question. She needs more practice. Homey is cool for awhile but she needs to be polished otherwise u'll get a god and guns moment. That, in this biased media climate, will sink her. Biden would be a guy that would never be allowed to talk, and if he did, he would be not be allowed outside 5 feet from me.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 02:38:53 PM »
Decker u can say what u want...but if ur speaking for a candidate or say the US Army, u have to be much more careful. Had u said that I'd ask u what a preventative war was......then before u could answer I'd mention Iran, would u VP Decker invade Iran as they are a problem? I'd drag u down a rabbit hole. Oh any country sponsoring terrorism, then I'd list a dozen, should we invade them VP Decker? It would be about that time that u would hit me with a chair.  She had to make sure she wasn't setting policy.
I know the difference btn preventive and preemptive war.  I have since Bush ordered the preventive attack on Iraq.

Attacking Iran is the wet dream of Israel and rightwingers.  I wouldn't dignify that with a response.

Since I don't ascribe to Bush's bullshit doctrine, your questions would be a piece of cake. 

It's not my job to defend the indefensible.  It's hers.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 02:40:51 PM »
No u wouldn't...if ur were the VP and had to answer, u'd have to say something and no matter what u said..I'd get u.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 02:45:15 PM »
No u wouldn't...if ur were the VP and had to answer, u'd have to say something and no matter what u said..I'd get u.
Come on HH.  You know I know.  You could play gotcha all day and I'd pull an Ali on you stinging like a butterfly and floating like a bee...looks like you tripped me up without even trying.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 02:46:41 PM »
Yeah...and that was Gibson's point. It was that kind of interview.....so her grade has to go up.
L