Author Topic: Biden: Pay More Taxes to Show Patriotism  (Read 7056 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Biden: Pay More Taxes to Show Patriotism
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 09:31:33 AM »
Is it a combination of the costs of the Iraq war combined with lowering taxes that has greatly contributed to this problem?

If gov. spending is through the roof for unnecessary costs like the Iraq war and Bush keeps cutting gov. revenue through tax cuts, then we have the recipe for a massive shortfall and that has happened.

Some debt is necessary to progress--maintain build US's infrastructure, invest in bettering the quality of life for our citizens, etc--debt for a wholly unnecessary war like Iraq is killing us.  Bush has doubled the national debt.  Red China owns our debt-ridden asses.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 09:32:32 AM »
God forbid a politician speaks the truth about economic sanity and the patriotic duty to pay one's taxes.

Why should people who make more be punished for the fact that they're more successful than Joe Blow who sits in his shanty drinking Bud Light?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: Biden; Pay More Taxes
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »
No, YOU pay more taxes Coach not the average american who has the vote.  Haha enjoy being taxed up the arse! i look forward to the day you can no longer afford the internet 'cause Obama raped you for someones welfare check!
Oh and by the way it's actually better to tax rather than borrow or have you nto noticed the poor economic conditions around america due to the overuse of credit?
Abandon every hope...

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 09:41:57 AM »
Why should people who make more be punished for the fact that they're more successful than Joe Blow who sits in his shanty drinking Bud Light?
Income taxation is based on an ability to pay.  That's why the tax is graded with multiple brackets.  Those 'Bud Light' drinkers sweep your streets, serve your coffee, clean your pools and do the low paying shit jobs that have to be done to make our society work.  They don't have the ability to pay taxes in the same fashion as high-end earners.

The gov. tries to encourage certain spending behaviors by permitting deductions, exemptions, and deferrals of income so that those highend taxpayers never really pay the full tax amount due on the income earned.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 09:47:05 AM »
PALIN'S NEW HAIRCUT - DESIGNED TO HIDE LISTENING DEVICE?

We all heard Romney getting caught red-handed receiving verbal cues during the Repub debates.

Will palin be getting a little help from her friends?  I guess we'll see shortly, if she changes her speaking pattern to include pausing every 5 seconds, as Bush did.

Reminds me of the moment Bush said "Let me finish" when no one else in the room was talking.

I guess we'll see how it works on its test run during the katie Couric interview.  If she takes a deep pause before responding to technical Qs, then answers in 5 second chunks, we'll know....

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2008, 09:51:48 AM »
Since coach doesnt make over 250k the tax increase wont effect him.   Even Fixed News hammered mcCain for lieing about obama raising taxes

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2008, 09:52:22 AM »
hate to say it but that c.unt palin scares me almost as much as hillary  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2008, 09:53:04 AM »
???

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 10:00:22 AM »
Is it a combination of the costs of the Iraq war combined with lowering taxes that has greatly contributed to this problem?

NO!

Income taxation is based on an ability to pay.  That's why the tax is graded with multiple brackets.  Those 'Bud Light' drinkers sweep your streets, serve your coffee, clean your pools and do the low paying shit jobs that have to be done to make our society work.  They don't have the ability to pay taxes in the same fashion as high-end earners.

The gov. tries to encourage certain spending behaviors by permitting deductions, exemptions, and deferrals of income so that those highend taxpayers never really pay the full tax amount due on the income earned.

You didn't answer the question.  Why should the rich be punished for being rich?  The rich are the ones who actually pay more taxes already.  The top 50% of the income bracket pay 97% of the taxes.
Those rich people are the ones who create those jobs you mentioned.  Do you think they are going to offer more jobs, pay decent wages, have more benefits if they're getting taxed to death?  No, they're not.

Besides why would these "bud light drinkers" even want to work or better themselves if they know Obama is going to provide for them.
W

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2008, 10:04:07 AM »

They don't have the ability because they made a choice to be uneducated, a choice to forgo marketable job skills, the choice to avoid risk and build a business.

The high-end earners already pay their fair share in taxes, not to mention they spend more, invest in and own the companies that provide jobs and products to "the bud light drinkers"........all of which help the economy.  

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2008, 10:04:44 AM »
W

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2008, 10:15:53 AM »
The middle class would receive a small tax cut under McCain and larger cut under Obama.................sh ouldn't they be patriotic too and pay more?

The Coach

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »
Busted, I do (my business) makes more and I will get taxed up the ass, but make no mistake, this clown will tax EVERYONE one way or another. Nothing like doubling cap gains for starter eh?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2008, 10:20:38 AM »

You didn't answer the question.  Why should the rich be punished for being rich?  The rich are the ones who actually pay more taxes already.  The top 50% of the income bracket pay 97% of the taxes.
Those rich people are the ones who create those jobs you mentioned.  Do you think they are going to offer more jobs, pay decent wages, have more benefits if they're getting taxed to death?  No, they're not.

Besides why would these "bud light drinkers" even want to work or better themselves if they know Obama is going to provide for them.
"ability to pay" "ability to pay" "ability to pay"....there's your answer.

Punish the rich?  Talk about crying, whining and blubbering.  Income tax was created as a graded tax and the selfish, cheap 'wealthy' have not stopped complaining since.
The rich do not pay 97% of taxes.  That's pure manure.  Does that include sales, excise, capital gains, and the like?  I didn't think so.

Taxed to death?  Being a little demagogic aren't we?  Taxes are related to the social contract that frames our government and our way of life.  Paying one's taxes keeps our way of life possible.

The proper top marginal tax rate is fair game for debate.  Your demagoguery on the matter is not.

Yes, the election of Obama means a free ride for everyone on the coat tails of the true producers in this country:  the pennypolishing rightwingers who would just as soon see a single mother left to the streets rather than a governmenatl program that could help her.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2008, 10:25:07 AM »
Busted, I do (my business) makes more and I will get taxed up the ass, but make no mistake, this clown will tax EVERYONE one way or another. Nothing like doubling cap gains for starter eh?

Get your facts straight, the average joe is better off with obama than with mccain, when it comes to taxes.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2008, 10:25:18 AM »

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT A JEW TO SAY....

It's all about the MONEY with them.
biden is jewish? 

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2008, 10:25:34 AM »

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2008, 10:30:35 AM »
They don't have the ability because they made a choice to be uneducated, a choice to forgo marketable job skills, the choice to avoid risk and build a business.

The high-end earners already pay their fair share in taxes, not to mention they spend more, invest in and own the companies that provide jobs and products to "the bud light drinkers"........all of which help the economy.  
What makes you think that moderate and poor wage earners are where they are b/c of the choices they made?

Isn't that a wonderfully convenient 1/2 truth?  They get what they deserve!

Unfortunately life is little more complex than that.  Talent, intelligence, nepotism, timing, luck and host of other factors go into the equation for achievement in one's life.  Bush would not have been president if his old man were not president first.  He clearly had no talent for the job.

If individual effort were indicative of success, we'd have a lot more millionaires.  Hell, the garbage men work hard...police work hard....firemen work hard...are they rich?  No.  But they are damn sure necessary to running a coherent civil society.

The really rich are also massive consumers of american work product:  the internet, or rural electrification or defense/nasa technology 'shared' with private enterprise.  How about the billion dollar bail outs of the really rich--auto makers, the S&L scandal, Bear Stearns, and now Fannie Mae?  It's called socializing the cost of business while privatizing the profit.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2008, 10:34:25 AM »
WASHINGTON — Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden said Thursday that paying more in taxes is the patriotic thing to do for wealthier Americans. In a new TV ad that repeats widely debunked claims about the Democratic tax plan, the Republican campaign calls Obama’s tax increases “painful.”

Under the economic plan proposed by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, people earning more than $250,000 a year would pay more in taxes while those earning less — the vast majority of American taxpayers — would receive a tax cut.

Although Republican John McCain claims that Obama would raise taxes, the independent Tax Policy Center and other groups conclude that four out of five U.S. households would receive tax cuts under Obama’s proposals.

“We want to take money and put it back in the pocket of middle-class people,” Biden said in an interview on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

Noting that wealthier Americans would indeed pay more, Biden said: “It’s time to be patriotic … time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut.”

McCain released a television ad Thursday charging that Obama would increase the size of the federal government amid an economic crisis. Contending that “a big government casts a big shadow on us all,” the ad features the image of a shadow slowly covering a sleeping baby as a narrator misstates the reach of the Obama tax proposal.

“Obama and his liberal congressional allies want a massive government, billions in spending increases, wasteful pork,” the ad says. “And we would pay — painful income taxes, skyrocketing taxes on life savings, electricity and home heating oil. Can your family afford that?”The McCain campaign said the ad is set to run nationally.

This guy loves defining whats patriotic.I wonder how plagerism fits into his definition of patriotic?I wonder if lying about the circumstances of his wifes death is patriotic?This man is a fool and an enemy of liberty.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2008, 10:35:13 AM »
Biden just can't help himself.  How many more dumb comments can he make before November? 

Taxes are a necessary evil.  They are punitive.  There is nothing patriotic at all about people paying more taxes.  And this income thing is nonsense.  Many small business owners fall into this "high" income category.  Many people with families make this "high" income and are not wealthy.

He and B. Hussein need to cut the class warfare crap.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2008, 10:40:39 AM »
Joe, you make over $250k.  Obama will cost you what, 20k a year?  I can see why you don't like him.

For 95% of Americans, Obama's tax plan wil benefit us.  I make under $250k, so it will benefit me.

it's not about what's right or wrong for everyone, it's about what's right or wrong for each individual. 

John Doe reading this thread has a choice.  Vote for the guy that'll put $800 in his pocket, or vote for the guy that will keep $20k in your (Joe's) pocket.  Keeping in mind that for the last 8 years, we've had the guy putting $20k in your pocket every year, John Doe might decide it's his turn to catch a break. 

The Coach

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2008, 10:42:21 AM »
Get your facts straight, the average joe is better off with obama than with mccain, when it comes to taxes.

Because Obama will be taking MY money to give to lazy people? I don't think so.

Bigger government

Government health care

Taking money from high earners to give to low wage earners

Doubling cap gains

Government ran oil companies

I don't depend on the government to support my family, why shouldn't any able body person do the same?

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2008, 10:43:13 AM »
"ability to pay" "ability to pay" "ability to pay"....there's your answer.

Punish the rich?  Talk about crying, whining and blubbering.  Income tax was created as a graded tax and the selfish, cheap 'wealthy' have not stopped complaining since.
The rich do not pay 97% of taxes.  That's pure manure.  Does that include sales, excise, capital gains, and the like?  I didn't think so.

Taxed to death?  Being a little demagogic aren't we?  Taxes are related to the social contract that frames our government and our way of life.  Paying one's taxes keeps our way of life possible.

The proper top marginal tax rate is fair game for debate.  Your demagoguery on the matter is not.

Yes, the election of Obama means a free ride for everyone on the coat tails of the true producers in this country:  the pennypolishing rightwingers who would just as soon see a single mother left to the streets rather than a governmenatl program that could help her.

I never said the rich pay 97%  of the taxes.  The rich pay roughly 50% of the taxes. 
How am I being a demagogue??  I'm stating facts, not playing on emotions.  I think you're doing that with the "rightwingers who would just as soon see a single mother left to the streets rather than a governmenatl program that could help her comment.  What the hell does that mean?  There's a difference in someone living off the gov't for years and someone who needs some assistance for a short time.

Besides, you're contradicting yourself.  The rich are the ones who carry the tax burden while a lot of these taxes are going to their government programs to support them.  How much are we (the tax payers) supposed to support someone who:

A: Doesn't pay their share of the tax burden?
B: Depends on government to keep food on their table.

Seems to me these welfare programs should carry a big share of the blame on this economic problem. 
And did you know when Clinton issued his welfare reform Obama was against it??  It's true.

W

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2008, 10:44:10 AM »
At least we won't have to worry about him, as Palin will be Vice President NOT Biden.

The Coach

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2008, 10:44:33 AM »
Joe, you make over $250k.  Obama will cost you what, 20k a year?  I can see why you don't like him.

For 95% of Americans, Obama's tax plan wil benefit us.  I make under $250k, so it will benefit me.

it's not about what's right or wrong for everyone, it's about what's right or wrong for each individual. 

John Doe reading this thread has a choice.  Vote for the guy that'll put $800 in his pocket, or vote for the guy that will keep $20k in your (Joe's) pocket.  Keeping in mind that for the last 8 years, we've had the guy putting $20k in your pocket every year, John Doe might decide it's his turn to catch a break. 

Then add in my property taxes.......1.25% = an additional $20,000 year