Author Topic: visions of terror-i am plagued by them in workouts  (Read 748 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
visions of terror-i am plagued by them in workouts
« on: September 18, 2008, 09:03:27 AM »
i find when i am working out and during my heavy lifts i get visions of an injury happening...like if i am doing dumbell presses on my 6th rep an image of my shoulder giving out and the dumbells falling on me happens...or if i am doing dumbell stepups i get visions of my knee snapping when i step up...or if i am doing dips i have visions of my shoulders and and elbows just snapping

any advice??
w

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: visions of terror-i am plagued by them in workouts
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:04:21 AM »
lots of anti-psychotic meds out there.  ask your ob/gyn for one.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:12:01 AM »
i find when i am working out and during my heavy lifts i get visions of an injury happening...like if i am doing dumbell presses on my 6th rep an image of my shoulder giving out and the dumbells falling on me happens...or if i am doing dumbell stepups i get visions of my knee snapping when i step up...or if i am doing dips i have visions of my shoulders and and elbows just snapping

any advice??
  I hear ya. I get that when Im going heavy on deads, ie when the weight gets over 425 or so and on the step back on Squats when Im doing my work set- once Im in position Im ok, lol.  You need to get past the negative thoughts, or it will become what's known as a self fulfilling prophecy- and you get injured. What I do is try and turn it around, thsat isd instead of fear, be aggressive, or better yet joyful and motivated and attack the weights, they are now under your command, instead of the other way around. Hope that helps!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 09:12:53 AM »
  I hear ya. I get that when Im going heavy on deads, ie when the weight gets over 425 or so and on the step back on Squats when Im doing my work set- once Im in position Im ok, lol.  You need to get past the negative thoughts, or it will become what's known as a self fulfilling prophecy- and you get injured. What I do is try and turn it around, thsat isd instead of fear, be aggressive, or better yet joyful and motivated and attack the weights, they are now under your command, instead of the other way around. Hope that helps!
i like that-thank u
w

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 09:13:22 AM »
you might not be cut out for bodybuilding.  you also might not be cut out for leaving your house

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 09:15:43 AM »
you might not be cut out for bodybuilding.  you also might not be cut out for leaving your house
ive been bodybuilding for many years my friend so shows what u know retard ::)
w

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 09:26:43 AM »
i like that-thank u
  No problem. Good luck!