Author Topic: Rep. Charlie "Wrangle" Plays Dumb on Real Estate Scam  (Read 2176 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Rep. Charlie "Wrangle" Plays Dumb on Real Estate Scam
« on: September 18, 2008, 01:32:34 PM »
Rep. Charlie Rangel, who represents Harlem's 19th Congressional District, sure knows how to wrangle himself a whopper of a real estate deal. He's managed to acquire four rent-stabilized apartments in his district's Lenox Terrace development at rents roughly 50% below market, and without enduring the same aggressive scrutiny from landlord Olnick Organization that has seen the poor, the elderly, the sick and the blind evicted over much less. But of course, Rep. Wrangle has angrily asserted he's done nothing wrong nor is he aware of getting any special treatment. C'mon Charlie, you're one of the sharpest tools in the shed. Do you really expect us to believe you had no idea that you were getting a preferential deal? If he didn't do anything wrong, why has he decided to give up his fourth rental unit, the one he currently uses as an office?

What is it about politicians that gives them special skills for blatant, outrageous lies? Why is it that they think they can portray themselves as ignorant and unaware of even the most obvious situations from which they benefit? Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) "didn't realize" his Countrywide mortgage rate was less than everyone else's. Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) "didn't think" there was anything fishy about Chicago real estate developer Tony Rezko buying the land next door to the Obamas and selling it to them for a below-market price. And of course, Bill Clinton "didn't think" a blowjob constituted having sex.

It's unconscionable that Rep. Wrangle would greedily amass his not-so-little 50% discounted rent-stabilized fiefdom when his own constituents are being put on the street for failing to meet much less stringent income and/or residency requirements. Judging from Thursday's NY Times front-page article about the Congressman's shady deal, his neighbors clearly agree.

Unfortunately for Rep. Wrangle, this story has legs. Given the attention it's been getting on a national scale, the double-talking Congressman will likely lose his third apartment (the first two had been connected years prior), be hit with huge rent increases, and/or lose an appreciable amount of votes.

I guess u guys missed this for the past month,  huh.

Good job Huffington Post
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Rep. Charlie "Wrangle" Plays Dumb on Real Estate Scam
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 01:52:20 PM »
Sorry to hear this.  He's one of my favorite liberals. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »
He was a Korean war vet..and always fun to see on TV. He's gota number of issues lately. Poor Charlie
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 01:56:59 PM »
If he was a republican this would be all over the place...and he'd be called a douchebag and a million other names.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 02:17:25 PM »
If he was a republican this would be all over the place...and he'd be called a douchebag and a million other names.

No doubt.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 01:05:20 AM »
Charlie believes he shouldn't have to pay taxes.

Another "do as I say, not as I do" liberal.

It's like Joe Biden and his "charitable nature." ;)

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 02:24:20 AM »
One hypocrite does not equal all liberals - there are plenty of hypocrites on both sides.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 03:56:37 AM »
LOL @ making Rangel the story of the day.

Mccain used to be able to drive the news... lipstick on a pig...

then, the economy almost crashed and people woke the hell up.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 07:58:46 AM »
240 gimme a break, its a news story, one u libs or whatever u've chosen to be this month. If that was a Republican we'd have 5 different threads
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 12:26:33 PM »
Tell me about it.  The colonel would have been all over it. 

Like this isn't news.  Gimmie a break.