Author Topic: Why Do Bodybuilders Do It?  (Read 1143 times)

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Why Do Bodybuilders Do It?
« on: September 18, 2008, 07:53:52 PM »
Why does someone choose bodybuilding as a profession. Most of the people in professional bodybuilding could make more money working regular jobs. There are so many who try and make bodybuilding their profession when in reality most will never make a living doing it. They spend large amounts of money on drugs, risk their health, for what? Do they do it for vanity, some sort of recognition, delusions that one day they will win an Olympia, inflated egos. WHY?
I am a big baby

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Re: Why Do Bodybuilders Do It?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:59:34 PM »
probably because they enjoy it. What is your definition of "regular jobs"? Construction worker? accountant? burger king? everything in this world is relative. most know they will never be olympia, just like most football players know they wont be jerry rice. BUt just because u wont be on top of the world in your professional doesnt mean u cant enjoy what u have in the mean time

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 08:02:53 PM »
Few guys "choose" professional BB as a profession, more or less, they find themselves in a position that it's a reality that they can make a living from competing/ endorsements/ etc.

That said...BBers are into competing as a goal, a challenge, to try and best their last outing....it's much more of a goal to win a ational championship to them, then lets say....showing up for work, or getting a dollar raise after 6 months of work.

It's all about the mindset of the athlete....keep in mind also....most of the pro's have other business ventures their into, or work some sort of job as well.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 08:04:32 PM »
probably because they enjoy it. What is your definition of "regular jobs"? Construction worker? accountant? burger king? everything in this world is relative. most know they will never be olympia, just like most football players know they wont be jerry rice. BUt just because u wont be on top of the world in your professional doesnt mean u cant enjoy what u have in the mean time
There are lots of things I enjoy too but that doesn't pay the bills. Only a select few earn money, so my question is why do they dedicate their lives to a sport that will keep them poor?
I am a big baby

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 08:08:27 PM »
Because they're gay. 

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 08:12:51 PM »
For every 1 bodybuilder that isnt makin the bills, there are 10 that are doing great. just like anything else in life. Their primary source of revenue doesn't necessarily have to be isolated to competing. I know 2 gym owners (former competitors) that have real estate ventures going on. You seem to be saying they are spending all their money on juice and banking they will get 1st or 2nd place. They arent idiots. Their is no "written in stone' animal pak type mentality that "makes" one do this. You could very easily say the same thing about a fuckin landscaper. They COULD make more money being dr's, but thats not what they are doing. get a grip

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 08:13:29 PM »
same reason car nuts spend how much on cars and fix them up and show them...then a  select few at that get good enough they open up car shops
Odilly

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 08:49:05 PM »
For every 1 bodybuilder that isnt makin the bills, there are 10 that are doing great. just like anything else in life. Their primary source of revenue doesn't necessarily have to be isolated to competing. I know 2 gym owners (former competitors) that have real estate ventures going on. You seem to be saying they are spending all their money on juice and banking they will get 1st or 2nd place. They arent idiots. Their is no "written in stone' animal pak type mentality that "makes" one do this. You could very easily say the same thing about a fuckin landscaper. They COULD make more money being dr's, but thats not what they are doing. get a grip
I've got a grip. So it's safe to assume that every professional bb has other income besides bb. Everyone of them has some type of endorsement deal or they have side businesses so they are able to pay their bills. Thats all I am looking to establish.
I am a big baby