Author Topic: Olympia - Why Doesn't Kai Do The Olympia??  (Read 1576 times)

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
Olympia - Why Doesn't Kai Do The Olympia??
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:40:24 AM »
in best shape he would be top 3. anyone know why he's not competing in the Olympia again this year?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Why Doesn't Kai Do The Olympia??
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 01:01:27 AM »
Despite his structural flaws the dude looks awesome.  EXCELLENT conditioning. Great posing, great proportions and no missing muscles (great calves).  Had he entered I would have him 2nd.  Yes, ahead of Victor.  At the risk os sounding gay.  I can't wait to see him next year!

Make all the grapefruit jokes you want, this dude is for real!

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 01:12:05 AM »
He walked it in New York. Class Physique

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 02:11:15 AM »
in best shape he would be top 3. anyone know why he's not competing in the Olympia again this year?

Supposedly he has an hernia. I don't think he would have made top three but top 5, probably. Him and Branch surprised almost everyone at the AC. But this year and despite Martinez being out, the competition will be stronger than it has been for a long time. Cutler hopefully better than last year, Dexter at his best, Wolf improving from his already impressive showing of last year, Heath's first Olympia, Melvin who seems to dial it in at the right time and guys like Freeman,etc...Breaking top 6 or even top 8 won't be easy.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 02:17:30 AM »
Gret physique, but acts like a fag.... :(

dustin

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 02:25:27 AM »
Gret physique, but acts like a fag.... :(

Yeah, sometimes his posing goes from amazing to amazingly homosexual. I wish he wouldn't turn around, squat and do the crab walk and gay shit like that. It REALLY detracts from his routine and makes it hard to like him. The gay dance moves aside, I would love to see him tame that mid section. He's got the muscle to hang with the big boys, his posing puts Melvin's to shame (never thought I'd say that, not this soon at least) and his conditioning is out of this world. The last thing I want to see is another pregnant Kai Green on stage at the Olympia though. And if he truly has a hernia then it's good that he's taking the time off.

He's qualified which is a credit to his name. The time off that he took was very well needed. I didn't remember him at all when he exploded back onto the scene. In my eyes, he just needs to keep his mid section trim, lose the extremely flamboyant and homosexual dance moves from his routine and that's about it. His conditioning is killer, he's got tons of muscle, great shape but he looks very awkward at times, especially when his mid section isn't as crisp. When his mid section is off, he becomes really off. I'd hate to see him throw away all that potential over something so stupid. He's got a sponsor now so he should be coming in looking better than ever. I can imagine him slaying some smaller shows in '09 and making an excellent debut at the next O.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 02:33:10 AM »
Yeah, sometimes his posing goes from amazing to amazingly homosexual. I wish he wouldn't turn around, squat and do the crab walk and gay shit like that. It REALLY detracts from his routine and makes it hard to like him. The gay dance moves aside, I would love to see him tame that mid section. He's got the muscle to hang with the big boys, his posing puts Melvin's to shame (never thought I'd say that, not this soon at least) and his conditioning is out of this world. The last thing I want to see is another pregnant Kai Green on stage at the Olympia though. And if he truly has a hernia then it's good that he's taking the time off.

He's qualified which is a credit to his name. The time off that he took was very well needed. I didn't remember him at all when he exploded back onto the scene. In my eyes, he just needs to keep his mid section trim, lose the extremely flamboyant and homosexual dance moves from his routine and that's about it. His conditioning is killer, he's got tons of muscle, great shape but he looks very awkward at times, especially when his mid section isn't as crisp. When his mid section is off, he becomes really off. I'd hate to see him throw away all that potential over something so stupid. He's got a sponsor now so he should be coming in looking better than ever. I can imagine him slaying some smaller shows in '09 and making an excellent debut at the next O.

Good post. I hate that crab walk. He really needs to keep his waist in check. He's got incredibly low lats insertions which gives him an amazing lat spread for the moment. But if his waist continues to grow, it will backfire and he'll look blockier than Jay.

dustin

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 02:44:34 AM »
homo? surely not  ;D 

Ahh fuck, man... glad that attached pictures aren't quoted. Damn.

Ohh, and the hair too. To each his own, but I don't know how the hell gets a kick out of that hair. A guy having longer hair is one thing, but does he have to pick the most eccentric, homosexual hair style? I mean honestly, he's a nice guy in all the interviews and I try to like him. But despite being comfortable with my sexuality, sometimes I cannot look at Kai. Those pics in MD and now the pics in his sponsored ads, he looks like he's either taking the biggest shit of his life or the hugest cock. :-\

I try to like Kai but bodybuilding is gay enough as it is. My brother and I were watching the Olympia webcast and we locked the door just in case someone came in to find two brothers watching something so gay together. Will Harris' posing routine was so gay we had to leave the room and come back when it was done. Honestly... I'm trying to enjoy pro bodybuilding but these guys make it hard. We've already got to confide that watching near-naked dudes oiled up in their thongs is not gay, then we've got characters like Kai hiding up his undies, turning around and doing the crab walk across the stage. I've seriously got to hide this shit from my friends. Kai, please... we're trying to like you.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 03:17:11 AM »
Ahh fuck, man... glad that attached pictures aren't quoted. Damn.

Ohh, and the hair too. To each his own, but I don't know how the hell gets a kick out of that hair. A guy having longer hair is one thing, but does he have to pick the most eccentric, homosexual hair style? I mean honestly, he's a nice guy in all the interviews and I try to like him. But despite being comfortable with my sexuality, sometimes I cannot look at Kai. Those pics in MD and now the pics in his sponsored ads, he looks like he's either taking the biggest shit of his life or the hugest cock. :-\

I try to like Kai but bodybuilding is gay enough as it is. My brother and I were watching the Olympia webcast and we locked the door just in case someone came in to find two brothers watching something so gay together. Will Harris' posing routine was so gay we had to leave the room and come back when it was done. Honestly... I'm trying to enjoy pro bodybuilding but these guys make it hard. We've already got to confide that watching near-naked dudes oiled up in their thongs is not gay, then we've got characters like Kai hiding up his undies, turning around and doing the crab walk across the stage. I've seriously got to hide this shit from my friends. Kai, please... we're trying to like you.

lol, i hear ya man.

Kai is an interesting dude no doubt, but his posing is fucking ridiculous and the grape fruit incident will haunt him forever.

Now Dennis Wolf on the other hand, now that right there is what bb'ing is about. Classical posing to powerful classical music, no pop locking or any of that gay dancing shit. I'd be happy to show anyone a Dennis Wolf posing routine. But a Kai Greene routine, i seriously can't even watch it...
No doubt about it...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Olympia - Why Doesn't Kai Do The Olympia??
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 10:37:25 AM »

Posing - frankly, you have Round 1+2 to pose in all serious, with no music, straight to the point.  In Round 3, in the evening, you should have fun, pose to whatever music you want, and make it somewhat entertaining to the audience.

It is all what you make it.  Jay Cutler poses to slower music, but he does it in a dramatic way, so it makes it interesting to watch.  I would rather watch Melvin Anthony, Kai Greene, Darrem Charles, and others who make it entertaining as well as show of their physique than another bodybuilder who just gets on stage with really slow music.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 10:41:27 AM »
maybe he doesnt feel like it? do you ever feel like that, that you dont feel like it? even though people say you should do this and should do that? i fully understand kai not doing the olympia

i feel you man
Z

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 10:46:13 AM »
Despite his structural flaws the dude looks awesome.  EXCELLENT conditioning. Great posing, great proportions and no missing muscles (great calves).  Had he entered I would have him 2nd.  Yes, ahead of Victor.  At the risk os sounding gay.  I can't wait to see him next year!

Make all the grapefruit jokes you want, this dude is for real!

yea, structural flaws...  ::)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 10:48:41 AM »
he got hit by "the random drug testing" ? thats what i read last anyway. maybe bs..