Author Topic: Fellow getbiggers, what would you rather?  (Read 1535 times)

Bruffy

• Getbig II
  • If it's not metal, it's crap!
Fellow getbiggers, what would you rather?
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:52:52 AM »
Live your life saving money for early retirement.  You are going to miss out on travel, concerts, toys, life experiences while your youth passes you by.  Looking back on your life saying could have, should have, would have.
OR
Live your life paycheck to paycheck taking vacations, seeing concerts, indulging in life while retiring at an older age.
Discuss.
I

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Fellow getbiggers, what would you rather?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 09:53:22 AM »
I'd like to be a bank robber and do both.

Bruffy

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 09:57:41 AM »
If I did it would be the same way they did it in The Dark Knight.  School bus and all.
I

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 10:01:56 AM »
you dont need alot of money to fuck many women

Become a pickup artist

The Coach

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 10:12:19 AM »
Live your life saving money for early retirement.  You are going to miss out on travel, concerts, toys, life experiences while your youth passes you by.  Looking back on your life saying could have, should have, would have.
OR
Live your life paycheck to paycheck taking vacations, seeing concerts, indulging in life while retiring at an older age.
Discuss.

I've always said, no matter how much I make or save, if I hit the lottery or even when I inherit money......I would never retire. It's doesn't make sense to me.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 10:21:17 AM »
I'd rather.........

"Live your life saving money for early retirement".......I'm 33 yrs old and have just now started investment planning, savings, etc...it's very reassuring to know that I'm securing my future..it's also fun to track the progress(hopefully!) of my $$....I don't make much..around $60K/year...but, I am single, no children...I visited an accountant this past Jan. '08 and started the process of automatic deposits into diff. accounts...hopefully, I'll increase my deposits each year and watch my $$ grow..I would encourage anyone ,who is'nt already, to visit an accountant and talk to them similarily. I wish I started doing this when I was 18 yrs old...even if it's $25 or $50 a month, at least it's something!

Bruffy

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 11:07:46 AM »
I'd rather.........

"Live your life saving money for early retirement".......I'm 33 yrs old and have just now started investment planning, savings, etc...it's very reassuring to know that I'm securing my future..it's also fun to track the progress(hopefully!) of my $$....I don't make much..around $60K/year...but, I am single, no children...I visited an accountant this past Jan. '08 and started the process of automatic deposits into diff. accounts...hopefully, I'll increase my deposits each year and watch my $$ grow..I would encourage anyone ,who is'nt already, to visit an accountant and talk to them similarily. I wish I started doing this when I was 18 yrs old...even if it's $25 or $50 a month, at least it's something!
Hey, respect your financial plan.  With that comes a big WHAT IF:
What if you actually die before seeing any of the money you have put away.  Sure the chances are low; but, there is always the slight chance.  So here you are on your death bed at whatever age.  Your watching your money grow; but, what good does that do you now.  You didn't get a chance to take the opportunity to enjoy your life while you were young and virile posting on getbig.
I

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 01:11:13 PM »
I've always said, no matter how much I make or save, if I hit the lottery or even when I inherit money......I would never retire. It's doesn't make sense to me.

agreed...

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 01:13:11 PM »
people in their younger years that spend everything they get are the ones living paycheck to paycheck in their 40's to 50's. Whereas the ones that saved young are the ones retired by 40.
hope this helps

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 01:13:54 PM »
Hey, respect your financial plan.  With that comes a big WHAT IF:
What if you actually die before seeing any of the money you have put away.  Sure the chances are low; but, there is always the slight chance.  So here you are on your death bed at whatever age.  Your watching your money grow; but, what good does that do you now.  You didn't get a chance to take the opportunity to enjoy your life while you were young and virile posting on getbig.

oh yes the Chris Farley method... live fast and hard ::)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 01:13:58 PM »
i do a little bit of both ..
L

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 01:20:55 PM »
PUSSY spend your money you cheap bastards. :P
Arnold For President 2012.2016

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 01:24:41 PM »
Don't you personal train? Lord knows... last thing we need is a fat swollen butterball shitting his white Adidas track pants while shuffling his feet to the locker room all while leaving a trail of turds behind him because he forgot to wear his adult diapers and apply his preparation-h  ;D

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 02:39:16 PM »
If you do die in the US, make sure all your $$$ is in cash somewhere. Anything in the banks and markets will be owned by the government, not your heirs.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 06:43:52 PM »
u dont need tons of money to enjoy life

look at all the poor saps on wall street and how they hit hard now-so i guess it wasnt a good idea for them to buy those mercedes and rocket ship cars and their mansions and yachts ::) and look at the normal blue collar joes like u and me-we are fine and the rich are hurting and worrying

just sit back and enjoy the ride
w

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 10:38:52 PM »
Well I wouldn't recommend doing it the way I did.  I basically retired from in 1989 and moved to Hawaii.  I was 31.  I thought I had enough money and income to basically not have to do too much.  Traveled quite a bit and lived very good.  That didn't last to long.  In 1993 started a very successful business and again began living very well only for it to be included in a $7 million bankruptcy case after 2 years.  After 2001 I haven't done much but get fat and be lazy.  Right now I am doing something very good and now will be thinking more about saving for the future so I can still retire fully by 55 and start taking off things on my "Bucket List" which I will actually start next year.  But, no matter all the shit I have gone throught the past 7 years I wouldn't change with anyone. 

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 10:40:51 PM »
OR
Discuss.

I have a better idea.  why don't you piss off?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 10:41:01 PM »

I imagine you are doing something you LOVE and enjoy for a living.....which is why I figure you wouldn't care to "retire".
HAHA, RON.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 11:08:40 PM »

If Obama gets elected, you'd be better off going on welfare for 4 years.

They hacked his email by the way...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 11:23:44 PM »
OR
Discuss.

What you need for early retirement will not come out of your budget for travel, concerts, etc. That's two different orders of magnitude, even if self-proclaimed financial gurus tell you otherwise. People who realistically are on their way to early retirement do not need to sacrifice travel or other life experiences.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 11:44:44 PM »
If Obama gets elected, you'd be better off going on welfare for 4 years.

They hacked his email by the way...

hahahaah