Author Topic: Obama Ranks Second in Fannie/Freddie Contributions  (Read 2129 times)

The Coach

Obama Ranks Second in Fannie/Freddie Contributions
« on: September 19, 2008, 10:33:38 AM »

The Coach

Obama Ranks Second in Fannie/Freddie Contributions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 10:34:47 AM »

The Coach

Re: Obama Ranks Second in Fannie/Freddie Contributions
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 10:46:57 AM »
No comments on this?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 10:49:45 AM »
Joe,

Fanny/Freddy employees knew the ship was sinking better than anyone.  They saw the foreclosures every day, and they knew the system had to change.

So, they sent their hard-earned money to Obama.  They knew that Mccain would only deliver 4 more years of Bush, and as their donating trends showed, they didn't want that.

So they voted for change, with their wallets.  The employees of these firms wanted change, and they let their wallets speak that loud and clear.

If anything, this actually helps Obama. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 10:52:05 AM »
Joe,

Fanny/Freddy employees knew the ship was sinking better than anyone.  They saw the foreclosures every day, and they knew the system had to change.

So, they sent their hard-earned money to Obama.  They knew that Mccain would only deliver 4 more years of Bush, and as their donating trends showed, they didn't want that.

So they voted for change, with their wallets.  The employees of these firms wanted change, and they let their wallets speak that loud and clear.

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 10:55:43 AM »
Joe,

Holy shit Rob you aren't actually serious with this answer are you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 11:03:52 AM »
Holy shit Rob you aren't actually serious with this answer are you?

Bush gave these firms a TON of power, and he promised to back them up financially if they failed.  That rocks.  They all got really rich from 2002 thru 2006.

I thought the employees would continue to back Bush, the guy who made them all a ton of money.  instead, as your numbers show, the employees wanted regulations that Bush just didn't want.  Obama's been calling for a lot of regulations on lending.  The employees wanted it.  They liked getting rich, but they knew it was a house of cards.

When Ron Paul led all troop donations, it showed that a lot of troops did support his anti-war message.
When Obama leads in Fanny/Freddy donations, it shows that a lot of employees of these firms prefer his message.

You don't have to like this answer Joe, but think about this... Do you send money to candidates you DON'T support?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 11:17:16 AM »
Why are there 2 identical threads started by the same person?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 12:20:18 PM »
Why are there 2 identical threads started by the same person?

Joe started this thread in multiple places.

I await his repsonse - just why obama supporters at Fanny/Freddy bother him.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 02:53:23 PM »
240 ur sinking fast. Again with the troop donation bullshit. The DOD was wrapped into that poll as I pointed out before.....we're talking tiny amounts and a few people...forget it dude. Obama and his idiots are up to their ass in this.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 02:59:22 PM »
240 ur sinking fast. Again with the troop donation bullshit. The DOD was wrapped into that poll as I pointed out before.....we're talking tiny amounts and a few people...forget it dude. Obama and his idiots are up to their ass in this.

ok - so fm employees gave $ to the candidate they DIDN'T want to win?  Gotcha!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 07:09:15 PM »
ROTFLMAO... Wow. So this isn't an issue, but Sarah Palin's daughter being knocked up is? After all your horseshit about the corrupt republican political machine and how they've fucked up the economy? 240 just admit it dude. We wont judge you. Just say it. You are a liberal. Honest to god, just tell the f'ing truth.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »
ROTFLMAO... Wow. So this isn't an issue, but Sarah Palin's daughter being knocked up is? After all your horseshit about the corrupt republican political machine and how they've fucked up the economy? 240 just admit it dude. We wont judge you. Just say it. You are a liberal. Honest to god, just tell the f'ing truth.

If I was voting for Obama, I'd admit it.  I take wildly unpopular positions on 90% of the stuff here at one time or another.  I'm a domestic republican who can't stand bullshit waste, borrowing, and lies.

Palin's daughter was an issue because she paraded her on TV, trumpeted her right ot make laws controlling a woman's body, and crowned herself the moral authority.  The 50 crown royale bags on her kid's wall proves Palin wasn't paying attention.

If the board/company gave Obama millions, I see a problem.  But you can't fault a guy because the employees gave him $.  I believe it was Merril Lynch, Mccian was the leading $-getting, and it's not a big deal either.

If obama has been leading Mccain in fundraising by a 2-to-1 edge, that means that in at least 67% of firms, Obama has gotten more cash than Mccain, right?  lehman is one of these.  Their employees prefer he be pres.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 07:50:50 PM »
This stinks.  Raines made $50 million, Gorelick (sp?) made $26 million, and Johnson made millions? 

And Obama is no. 2 on the donor list after only four years in the Senate?   ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 07:55:52 PM »
It's a non story... what he's not telling you is that this is in timeframe well after the problem started.  Obama has been after this problem for quite a while now.  Of course they're going to try to buy him.  The important thing to note and I'm glad you posted this, it shows that Obama can take a large contribution and not be bought by it.  If he had, his opinion over the last year would have been more inline with Phil Graham, but it's been exactly the opposite.  So this is a good find thanks!  Fox sucks for trying to spin what anyone with half the facts could call BS on.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 08:12:21 PM »
This stinks.  Raines made $50 million, Gorelick (sp?) made $26 million, and Johnson made millions? 

And Obama is no. 2 on the donor list after only four years in the Senate?   ::)

They had two options: Mccain and Obama.

They overwhelmingly chose Obama.  The employees thought he'd be better for the future of their company.  What's the story?