Author Topic: If Dennis Wolf was black would there be so much hype and attention towards him?  (Read 1820 times)

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
Say he was another African American, would he receive the same excitement/attention/fan coverage in comparison to now?

Discuss

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

There would be more.

Especially if he spoke fluent German.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Hell no.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Say he was another African American, would he receive the same excitement/attention/fan coverage in comparison to now?

Discuss

thing is, when you have an excellent physique such as Wolf's, the bb'ing media doesnt like to pay attention to that. But when u have a physique that looks like 300lbs of watery meat (Jay), people like that.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
He wouldn't period.
Let face it, even though Cutler is white he looks like shite.

Wolf on the other hand is tall, goodlooking, a great physique and is white.....The guy has generated the most fans in the least amount of time. Same applies for Gunter back in the day

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl

Discuss

Yes , people get excited when they see wide clavicles and a narrow waist & hips and big arms , everything else be dammed

Megalodon

• Getbig V
There'd probably be more hype and attention were that the case but he already gets fair press.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
Yes , people get excited when they see wide clavicles and a narrow waist & hips and big arms , everything else be dammed
Agree
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
This is a pretty stupid topic. Dennis is hyped because of his structure and muscle bellies, not because he's white.  ::) Phil Heath recieves tons of hype as well, mainly due to his structure and muscle bellies, and he's a mixed kid.

If anything, black bodybuilders are hyped even more.. Ben White, anyone?

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
This is a pretty stupid topic. Dennis is hyped because of his structure and muscle bellies, not because he's white.  ::) Phil Heath recieves tons of hype as well, mainly due to his structure and muscle bellies, and he's a mixed kid.

Dennis has more fans than Phil Heath, people may think that Phil is the better bodybuilder but they want Wolf to beat him in competition

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
This is a pretty stupid topic. Dennis is hyped because of his structure and muscle bellies, not because he's white.  ::) Phil Heath recieves tons of hype as well, mainly due to his structure and muscle bellies, and he's a mixed kid.

Is he?
He wouldn't period.
Let face it, even though Cutler is white he looks like shite.

Wolf on the other hand is tall, goodlooking, a great physique and is white.....The guy has generated the most fans in the least amount of time. Same applies for Gunter back in the day
Is he?

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
  • What goes around comes around.....
Re: If Dennis Wolf was black would there be so much hype and attention towards h
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 01:20:39 PM »
I think so, most of the top guys are black these days....

He looks to be the new Dorian....big white Euro dude.

very freaky...

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
Re: If Dennis Wolf was black would there be so much hype and attention towards h
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »
Dennis has more fans than Phil Heath, people may think that Phil is the better bodybuilder but they want Wolf to beat him in competition

Dennis is taller and taller bodybuilders tend to be liked by the fans more so than shorter bodybuilders.

Just look at Nasser back in his prime. He was very much loved by the fans, probably because he was very tall with freaky muscle bellies.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Um.

Well... there are still alot of racists, and people who root for someone just because they are of their own race/skin color.

BUT

I dont think its so much in bodybuilding, as in the rest of the community.

That being said, if Dennis Wolf were black, he would look much larger. On stage standing next to other bodybuilders, Wolfs true size comes out; but in the gym when hes by himself, his white skin tone really really diminishes how big he looks. Watch his videos, by himself he doesnt look nearly as big as some of the guys he dwarfs on stage do when they are by themselves.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
Is he? Is he?

He looks like a mixed individual to me. He's also handsome in comparison to most of fellow pros who look like 65 year old greeters at walmart, which coupled with his insane muscle bellies, makes him an appealing person. I also think not long ago their was a video of Phil playing the piano and shooting hoops, which probably just added to his appeal.

I am merely pointing out that the hype Dennis and Phil get have to do with their looks, attitudes, muscle bellies, and nothing to do with their race.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
He looks like a mixed individual to me. He's also handsome in comparison to most of fellow pros who look like 65 year old greeters at walmart, which coupled with his insane muscle bellies, makes him an appealing person. I also think not long ago their was a video of Phil playing the piano and shooting hoops, which probably just added to his appeal.

I am merely pointing out that the hype Dennis and Phil get have to do with their looks, attitudes, muscle bellies, and nothing to do with their race.

looks can be deceiving, he just looks like a black dude with light eyes to me, and there are plenty of black dudes who play the piano. I play the cello. He's non-threatening to a lot of people, because they have in their mind what a "scary black man is", and Phil, Richard Jones, Shawn Ray or Darrem don't fit that bill. That can be said of even Vic Martinez when he first started out and Dexter Jackson---to an extent.

To me, Phil speaks well, and conducts himself professionally, with a jovial attitude, reminiscent of Shawn Ray or Richard Jones, combine that with a world beating physique, that speak volumes about him.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
looks can be deceiving, he just looks like a black dude with light eyes to me, and there are plenty of black dudes who play the piano. I play the cello. He's non-threatening to a lot of people, because they have in their mind what a "scary black man is", and Phil, Richard Jones, Shawn Ray or Darrem don't fit that bill. That can be said of even Vic Martinez when he first started out and Dexter Jackson---to an extent.

To me, Phil speaks well, and conducts himself professionally, with a jovial attitude, reminiscent of Shawn Ray or Richard Jones, combine that with a world beating physique, that speak volumes about him.

Which is why he's got a lot of fans.

And of course people are going to give him points because he doesn't fit that stereotype. It doesn't mean that race is involved, in fact people don't care about his race or whatever because he comes off an educated individual, something that most bodybuilders can't pull off because they're morons by nature.

Rudee

• Getbig V
Just his change in complexion would make him appear more muscular.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
This is Great News - Since X is Black , Bigger , Taller and Better shape and more complete

Such Great News